It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair considering Return to British politics !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Tony Blair is considering the comeback to top all comebacks , in an interview with Esquire magazine he says our country is in political turmoil and we need him to ride in on his white charger and clean up Dodge , we are at risk of a one party state and that party isn't his .... so it's wrong.

The alleged war criminal has said he believes there could be a role for him in the future , other than that of a defendant in the Hague that is.

"It's a tragedy for British politics if the choice before the country is a Conservative government going for a hard Brexit and an ultra-left Labour Party, that believes in a set of policies that takes us back to the 60s," he said. "In the UK at the moment you've got a one-party state.

When you put it all together, there's something seriously wrong. "I don't know if there's a role for me... There's a limit to what I want to say about my own position at this moment.
All I can say is that this is where politics is at. Do I feel strongly about it? Yes, I do. Am I very motivated by that? Yes. "Where do I go from here? What exactly do I do? That's an open question."

He added: "There's been a huge reaction against the politics I represent. But I think it's too soon to say the centre has been defeated. Ultimately I don't think it will. I think it will succeed again. "The centre ground is in retreat. This is our challenge. We've got to rise to that challenge."
www.bbc.co.uk...

I suspect we may see the birth of a new centre left party within 12 months.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Can't this guy just cease breathing already.

Warhawk pig.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Oi, Blair, No!!

You might think people like you with your grinning Jackanape persona, but you are a war criminal and deserve to be put on trial in The Hague. You can take your New Labour and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He's forgetting how much he is disliked. And surely in any political sphere

he will need the votes of the people

I know of no one who would be persuaded to vote for him.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

He probably just wants to come back to do to Syria what he did to Iraq in order to fund his buddies in the weapons industries.

Seems funny that when tensions are as high as they are between Team Russia & Team USA he wants to return

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Naaaaa. He's got more than enough money so why would he want the hassle. It's probably a sound bite that's been took out of context. Or he wants to cause political schisms in the party to further split a once solid party to give the Conservatives an even better chance, through default, to win an early election. Now thinking about it that's probably right as I always had him down as a closet Tory.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Hope this is not a two-dimensional Blair-bashing thread.

Although I am not a Blair supporter at the end, he did actually do quite lot of good. His image is tarnished by Iraq, but not by advancing Labour into the centre ground and making it electable, whereas Corbyn is making Labour unelectable.

He did good in Sierra Leone and, amogst other things he did the following ...

- Lowest sustined infaltion tates since the 1960s
- Low mortgage rates
- Introduced minimum wage
- Crime fell under his watch by 30%+
- Kept Brown out of power
- Schools improved with record literacy and numercy and improved school results, plus education funding etc
- High employment
- Increased NHS staff e.g. 30,000 more doctors
- Devolved power to Scotland and Wales, although bit of a mistake in stoking up divisive Sxcots nationalism
- Improved emplyment rights e.g. paternity leave, annual leave improvemnts
- Gift aid
- Child benefit improvements, though curtailed by the Torys
- Winter fuel for the elderly
- Sure start
- Equality and Human rights commission
- Environmental action and standards e.g. cleaer beaches and rivers, Kyoto etc
- More teachers
- Reduced pensioner nd chile poverty
- Child tax credits
- Civil partnerships
- Banned fox hunting
- Banned fur farming and animal testing with cosmetics
- Travel passes for the elderly
- Free entry into
- Free nursery placesfor 3 to 4 year olds

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So there's an interesting possibility.
Blair comes back to the Commons at the next by-election (if necessary, competing with the Corbyn candidate).
Anti-Corbyn Labour M.P.'s rally round him, refuse the Labour whip, and form a new parliamentary grouping.
If enough of them make the switch, they can dethrone Corbyn as leader of the Opposition and perhaps even replace him with Blair, being leader of the largest group.
It could all be quite entertaining from a spectator's point of view (and The Spectator's point of view).

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What he could do is convince someone on the opposite ticket to run. Someone who doesn't speak well, says offensive things to all demographics, has an all around bad image, kind of like our Trump.

It's working here, we're on a one way road to having one of the most disliked candidates win, Hillary. Woof.

Edit: supposedly its still democracy if the party's rig who you get to vote for.
edit on 7-10-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Edit: supposedly its still democracy if the party's rig who you get to vote for.

In our country, the voters have NEVER chosen which candidates the parties are going to put up. It's taken for granted that the parties make this choice for themselves, and the voters then choose between the parties.
This American obsession with voters choosing the candidates- is it really doing you any good, or is it just confining the elections to candidates who have lots of money?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I have a feeling Blair will be the ring master for a split , he will be the point to rally around and will help them form the party , I doubt he will try to become an MP again though.
Wonder if they'll call it New Labour.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The best thing this bastard can do is kill himself.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Hope this is not a two-dimensional Blair-bashing thread.

Although I am not a Blair supporter at the end, he did actually do quite lot of good. His image is tarnished by Iraq, but not by advancing Labour into the centre ground and making it electable, whereas Corbyn is making Labour unelectable.

He did good in Sierra Leone and, amogst other things he did the following ...

- Lowest sustined infaltion tates since the 1960s
- Low mortgage rates
- Introduced minimum wage
- Crime fell under his watch by 30%+
- Kept Brown out of power
- Schools improved with record literacy and numercy and improved school results, plus education funding etc
- High employment
- Increased NHS staff e.g. 30,000 more doctors
- Devolved power to Scotland and Wales, although bit of a mistake in stoking up divisive Sxcots nationalism
- Improved emplyment rights e.g. paternity leave, annual leave improvemnts
- Gift aid
- Child benefit improvements, though curtailed by the Torys
- Winter fuel for the elderly
- Sure start
- Equality and Human rights commission
- Environmental action and standards e.g. cleaer beaches and rivers, Kyoto etc
- More teachers
- Reduced pensioner nd chile poverty
- Child tax credits
- Civil partnerships
- Banned fox hunting
- Banned fur farming and animal testing with cosmetics
- Travel passes for the elderly
- Free entry into
- Free nursery placesfor 3 to 4 year olds
Fully concur!! And personally I would welcome him back! Blair is care regardless of what some ignorant soles may say. Yes he's made some mistakes but don't all politicians. it's the nature of the job!

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

If that misbegotten, traitorous, murderous, thug piece of crap tries to get back into politics here, then I think he is going to be sorely disappointed by the results.

You see, there are many things we dislike about our politics, we Brits. Many hate the fact that the Tories are too capitalist to respect the people, others hate the fact that the Labour Party under Corbyn are too far for the people, and not enough for the corporations (which in my view is retarded, but I fit squarely in the peoples corner on practically everything) but there is one thing we hate more than anything else. Liars.

We know politicians are all full of weapons grade crap, and that is pretty much par for the course. But it takes a pretty massively accomplished liar, one of hitherto unknown depths and corruption, to express concern at the one party state issue, when it is Blairite, centre right Labour, who drove everything off the warmongering deep end with that crap in the first place!

At least now that Corbyn is leader of the Labour Party, there may actually be some representation for genuinely left leaning voters, as opposed to the Red Tory Blairites, who were absolutely against real leftist ideals, were absolutely determined to keep the poor poor, and the rich getting richer, leaving everyone behind and having no effective way to correct the bloody balance! THAT IS ALL BLAIRS DOING!

The cheek of it, the bloody cheek of it!

I am absolutely furious!

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Jeez, Clinton will no doubt be bombing the crap out of the Middle East and watching the wage gap continue to grow. May will be doing the same thing over here as well. Oh joy.

All we need on top of that is Dalai Blair coming back in with empty promises and more war for domestic security. He'll have an even chance for the dead centre type of Labour voters who want to win rather than actually standing for any values. Some of the moderate Tories could vote him in too. He's not so far left of Cameron is he?

People are so amnesiac and naive they'll forget what a dick he was and believe his fantasy BS. If the UK is anything like the US, people are bent over and waiting to receive with smiles on their faces.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Fair play to you for adding a little balance and stopping us from over-exaggerating his villainy.

I wouldn't give him too much credit for some of your bullet points. For example, crime, inflation and mortgage rates were falling across the Western world. We shouldn't overlook how those falling mortgage rates and low inflation were propped up by excessive credit and eventually led to the recession.

It was OK while it lasted and Britain wasn't a bad place to live under Blair; I think it would have been much the same under any Party leader.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The return has been announced , Saint Tony is riding in to save us from ourselves and explain to us why Brexit is a bad idea and to give us the information we were lacking in the first vote .
He belives we should rise up and demand another vote.

Bless his delusional socks.

Tony Blair has said it is his "mission" to persuade Britons to "rise up" and change their minds on Brexit.
Speaking in the City of London, the former prime minister claimed that people voted in the referendum "without knowledge of the true terms of Brexit".
He urged "a way out from the present rush over the cliff's edge"

"Whether you do it through another referendum or another method, that's a second order question. "But this issue is the single most important decision this country has taken since the Second World War and debate can't now be shut down about it."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Don't mention the war Tony , the Germans are upset enough.

What Saint Tony doesn't seem to grasp is the people that would be prepared to listen to him probably already voted to stay , the rest of us have no interest what he has to say and are unlikely to believe any dodgy dossiers he may try to feed us.

Go home Tony , you're drunk.

edit on 17-2-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join