It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smug Clinton Vs Blustering Trump - OMG - What a Choice

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Over on this side of the pond we had a difficult decision to make, play it safe and stay in the EU or go for broke and as you say "get the hell out of Dodge"

As you all know we chose the latter and more difficult path.

But I think I would rather have had this decision to make than the decision facing our American Friends.

At first Trump seemed like the villain, the know it all, firing of answers to problems without having any clue, blustering how he would fix all the problems of the US. But now Clinton seems to be showing her true self with issues over avoiding email auditing and despicable Lawyer practices.

If I didnt know better I would have said its just a big setup and some group of people are just laughing at the choices they have managed to arrange, knowing full well that it doesnt matter a damn which one you choose as it is them who are in fact in charge.

Perhaps to them it is all a stage with 2 main (poor) actors and a cast of 300 million.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: paulmac

The Candidates are just the Avatars of two different Distinct Political Ideologies . Liberalism and Conservatism . The Election will be Decided by whom the People feel will Best Represent their Interests . In that decision rests the Future of our Free Democratic Republic . America will Carry On the best it can no matter what is preferred .

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
To me it seems like a pretty easy choice. On one hand, you have a guy who "may" have done some things people do not like. The other choice is Satan herself if there is one. Both choices may suck, but one is clearly better than the other by a long shot.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: paulmac

I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too much. Brexit barely passed so was it really a win? Your side of the pond still pays bizarrely for "royalty." In 2016.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

No.

Hogwash. Hillary and Trump are both right wing and anyone who argues otherwise would not know a leftist position if it jumped up and kicked them in the throat.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Ah yes, the lesser of two evils.
That pretty well sums up this election.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm going for knowledge and experience.

I'm not voting for the person as much as I'm voting the direction I want to go.

I believe Hillary really wants this, is serious about being president, and does not want to screw it up.

Trump is all about Trump.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Ah yes, the lesser of two evils.
That pretty well sums up this election.

Pretty much. Trump is more of an unknown I would think since he isn't a career politician. Hillary, we all know her deal and what she will do or not do. Trump, I think would be better as far as economic issues and business, obviously. And hopefully will end the extreme PC we face.

Either way, This country and world are going down a dark path and I do not see any one person fixing things completely as things are past the point of no return. When it comes down to Hillary, she is corrupted to the core as well every other agency or key position in government. That much we know as fact.

So the way I see it, is a vote for possible change, or a vote for more of the same but worse. But I also think that even if Trump is a decent person and does win, the level of corruption everywhere else may be a little much for him to do too much about it.

No matter what though, I think we are in for some bad stuff regardless. It's complicated.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I have to respectfully Disagree with you there about Mr. Trump . He is Wingless .

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I believe Hillary really wants this, is serious about being president, and does not want to screw it up.

I believe you are correct.

The reason that she wants it so badly.... money and power.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I believe you are correct.

The reason that she wants it so badly.... money and power.

Do people really go into politics for other reasons?

Maybe at the beginning you'll have some naive, idealistic do gooder - - - but., how long do you think that will last?

No idealistic/innocent at this high level of world politics is going to survive without understanding the depths of it all.

The more we learn about Trump, the worse it gets. He is a thin skinned, reactionary, bully. Definitely not what's needed in high level international politics.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

No.

Hogwash. Hillary and Trump are both right wing and anyone who argues otherwise would not know a leftist position if it jumped up and kicked them in the throat.

Right Wing in what way?

I'm all about Equal Rights/Equal Opportunity, Marriage Equality, separation of Church and State, etc.

There is definitely a split there between Left and Right. Hillary is Left on this. Trump is Right (he's going after the Fundamental Christian vote)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: TrueBrit

I have to respectfully Disagree with you there about Mr. Trump . He is Wingless .

You mean "clueless".

But I do agree, He's neither right or left. At any moment, he's whatever he needs to be to get the applause. That's the entirety of his positions. That's why they change so often, It depends on who's listening to him...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I cant make the House of Card reference enough concerning Hilary, Think back all her moves have been for strictly strategical political advancement. Staying with Bill even knowing his infidelity, run for senate, Secretary of state. (literally having people prop her up if you believe the videos)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

So what is needed is someone who has sworn fealty to special interest and big banks? that's not even a secret She doesn't even hide that fact. I dont understand liberals who can vote for her. isnt there whole thing Corporate greed? She is the figurehead of Corporate greed.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

I cant make the House of Card reference enough concerning Hilary,

I would counter that it is across the board at the level of international politics (which includes the American president today and in the past). Way before Hillary.

Think back all her moves have been for strictly strategical political advancement.

I would say this describes every politician across the board at the level of international politics today and in years past.

Trump is a thin skinned bully who think rules don't apply to him. He tried to make business deals with Cuba, and other unacceptable ventures.

Hillary "plays by the rules" of high level politics. I'm not naive to have an unrealistic view of world leaders.

Trump just does what Trump wants. Trump only cares about Trump.

edit on 7-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
She is the figurehead of Corporate greed.

That would be Trump.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Its pretty simple:

Clinton wants to establish a no fly zone over syria

Trump wants to open dialogue with Russia.

Now call me selfish but I would prefer the option (trump) that doesnt result in me dying in a nuclear war.

Trump may very well end up as the worst US president in history. ......but at least the history books will still get written. If clinton gets the presidency she wont be anything as everyone will be dead and there wont be anyone but radioactive cockrouches to write anything.
edit on 7-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Trump wants to open dialogue with Russia.

For his own interests.

I'm not a fan of Putin. But, Putin is not an idiot or anyone's fool.

He'd eat egomaniac Trump for lunch, spit him out, and never have a second thought about it.

edit on 7-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Does it matter what his motives?

He could make out with Putin live on TV for all I care long as we dont end up in nuclear war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join