It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Opening of The Bottomless Pit.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:02 PM
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Well you know what they say, one man's angel is another man's puradu fish.

The form of the divine messenger depends largely upon where you orientate the divine, or seat of creation, to be.

Just the personification of fire?

Carry on

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 04:43 PM
a reply to: Anaana

The role of Erra was greatly expanded upon by the Babylonians in the Erra and Ishum epic were he becomes the foremost principle of warfare and destruction though still through his association with fire, there were reasons for that though in that the Babylonians had asset stripped and marginalized the cult of Ninurta in favour of Marduk, when warfare and destruction spread through the lands and they were on the receiving end the last thing they could do was praise Marduk for it or re-elevate the role of Ninurta, so Erra filled that void and was posited as responsible.

The only association with any sort of Divine messenger was through later association with Nuska, but that was as vizier of Enlil not in any classical sense

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 09:36 AM
Thanks for addressing my inquiry and giving me something to go off of everyone you ladies are the absolute raddest =D

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 02:17 PM
a reply to: Argentbenign

Me too!

This is what brought me here since 2007. I appreciate all the jems brought here by curious, intellectuals!

Good job!

new topics

top topics
<< 1  2   >>