It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's debate prep

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Why does "debate performance" influence your opinion, if it indeed does at all?

Do want a good debater, or do you want a good leader?

Is it just playground-style bragging rights? "My candidate kicked your candidate's ass in a poorly moderated argument."

I really don't think debates play as much of a role in shaping public opinion as they did in the days of say, Nixon v. Kennedy, nor do I think they should.

But. Americans are f# retarded, so maybe they do.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Maybe we should watch the debate before we judge anyones performance.

I'm not judging his performance at the debate. I'm judging his debate prep against his performance from last week to make a speculation on how he'll do this Sunday.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Debates show how a candidate reacts under pressure. It shows that the candidate can react on his feet and doesn't get distracted by petty details. There are many things a debate show. Though it's no surprise that a Trump supporter is trying to downplay the significance the debates play on public perceptions of the candidates.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

Sure. Whatever you say guy.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm voting for Hillary.

Try again.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Gryphon66
"The art of the ______"

"The art of UNFAIRNESS!"

As regards debate prep... Sometimes, I really wish I did memes... There are some great ones out there. But I will say I hope he does exactly the same prep he did for the first one. Because I loved it! That's Entertainment!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
It's weird that anything anti-Trump must be coming from "paid shills" whereas the million anti-Clinton threads we get each day are just opening eyes.

This is a new narrative for ATS for sure.

Keep crying, crybullies. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Just more from the ongoing Trump supporters' 5 stages of grief.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

I'm voting for Hillary.

Try again.

Then are you aware that Hillary received a 6 percentage point bump after the last debate? Granted since the impact from the first debate won't be the same for the second debate and if there is any bump for this one it will be minuscule, but that is SIGNIFICANT proof that the last debate swayed voters' opinions somewhat.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

there's a comment like this within 4 posts in EVERY anit-trump thread, the desperation is quite obvious to us. especially considering all the ridiculous anti-Hillary threads. please.

have fun at the concert, op!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

That made me laugh out loud...

They've been stuck on denial for over a year...

Any rehab clinic would have cut their losses by now.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

And as I inferred in my original post, I could be totally wrong, as Americans are (for the most part) extremely stupid.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

The more you and your colleagues post, the more you give yourself away. It really is quite obvious to many of us here.

For those of us for whom it's not obvious, what are you saying? What do Krazy and his colleagues give away?

Why does "debate performance" influence your opinion, if it indeed does at all?

Debates don't influence my decision at all... But they can strengthen it.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

there's a comment like this within 4 posts in EVERY anit-trump thread, the desperation is quite obvious to us. especially considering all the ridiculous anti-Hillary threads. please.

Technically it's against the T&C, but we are in the mud pit so we gotta let it slide. Oh well. If that is their best comeback then you KNOW they ain't got much else to throw at us.

have fun at the concert, op!

It's Dark Star Orchestra. I love how they recreate old Dead shows.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

And as I inferred in my original post, I could be totally wrong, as Americans are (for the most part) extremely stupid.

So you HONESTLY can't see what's to be gained by seeing your candidate in an unscripted atmosphere and talking to the public and against his opponent?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Unscripted?

Whatever you say, guy.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Apparently he got Nigel Farage of UKIP fame to give him some pointers. But according to American politics, the standards of what it means to win is entirely subjective and determined by emotion. In the last debate, for instance, Hillary was the better politician, trump was the better human.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

The only way a debate COULDN'T be unscripted is if the two candidates colluded with an actual script before hand. Now Trump is a lot of things and people say some fantastical things about Hillary Clinton, but they are NOT colluding together. That's one thing I can state for a fact.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The better human? What is that even supposed to mean?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Less name-calling, more respect, that sort of thing.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

... they are NOT colluding together. That's one thing I can state for a fact.

How so?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join