It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump's debate prep

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:50 AM
So after the universally panned (except among his supporters) debate performance last Monday, many media outlets are wondering how Trump will approach this Sunday's debate. It's Trump. So what do you expect? I've already set my expectations low, so let's wade into the world of the Trumpet.

Donald Trump’s Debate Practice Is A Joke

Trump rarely appears before small audiences, preferring raucous campaign rallies in large arenas, so Thursday’s town hall provided him an opportunity to practice speaking in a more intimate setting and to prepare for Sunday’s town hall-style event with Clinton.

Good. Good. So far.

The event lasted just over 30 minutes, and the questions, selected from an invitation-only crowd, were complete softballs, bearing little resemblance to what he will encounter from moderators Anderson Cooper and Martha Raddatz, and audience members during Sunday’s debate

AND THERE'S the Trump we've grown to expect.

'This Isn't Practice': Trump Gets Softballs at Town Hall

Donald Trump swears the small town hall his campaign held for him here wasn't debate prep. And after hearing the questions, maybe he was right.

I agree. Wouldn't want to let something like hard hitting practice get in the way of feel good sessions that don't take you out of your comfort zone.

Trump blows off debate tune-up

And while Sunday’s debate will stretch for 90 minutes without a bathroom break, Trump bolted from his town hall in Sandown after barely more than one-third of that time.

Trump’s campaign did place a two-minute countdown clock in front of their candidate on Thursday. He repeatedly blew past that time limit anyway.

“I said forget debate prep. I mean, give me a break,” Trump said at one point. “Do you really think that Hillary Clinton is debate-prepping for three or four days. Hillary Clinton is resting, okay?”

Yes. Donald. I DO think she is prepping for this debate. Just like she clearly prepped for the last debate where she kicked your ass. Do you REALLY believe that she wouldn't follow the same game plan this time?

Donald Trump preps for Sunday debate at a "town hall" that wasn't

“It’s so disconcerting when you hear, even tonight, ‘Donald Trump is going to New Hampshire to practice for Sunday,’” he said. “This has nothing to do with Sunday—they make you, like, a child.”

He asserted that the event had been planned “a little while ago” and that his campaign was considering canceling it for debate prep—“I said, forget debate prep,” he said. “I’m here for one reason: I love the people of New Hampshire. I said I was going to be here and I’m here. Very simple.”

I wonder how this strategy will play out for the Donald.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:54 AM
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Trump lost his cool at the first debate when members of the crowd were laughing at his answers, he is doomed.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:55 AM
Thank you for correcting the record as usual. It's Friday so you better get in your threads now before taking the weekend off.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:56 AM
Correcting what record? I'm pretty sure we are just looking at Trump's actions in prep for the debate and not actually correcting his lies for a change. Your memes aren't even making sense anymore.

PS: Damn right I won't be here over the weekend. I'm gonna see a Grateful Dead cover band this weekend. I don't need this website's negativity weighing me down the next two days.
edit on 7-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:58 AM
I know this will sound odd coming from me ... but actually, I really wish Trump WOULD prepare for a real, meaningful debate/discussion on the real issues of the campaign, or rather, what should be the issues ... domestic and foreign policy, protection of civil rights, growing the economy (and last but not least) some effort to re-unify the American people.

I'd like to see if there's any substance at all hiding somewhere in Mr. T's brain.

He's always been a "go from the gut/big picture" guy. He's never been that interested in details.

Clinton, by contrast, has gone into what can safely be called excruciating detail on her policy positions, and of course, she's very competent at relating those if not always very dynamic or interesting ways.

I guess the format will determine the issues.

However, I'll bet that what we see is mostly about emails, infidelity and tax returns.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:59 AM

I guess that means you'll be logging out at 330CST like every weekday.

But staying on topic, it sounds better than practicing premade talking points with actors at public rallies.

edit on 7-10-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:04 AM
Trump lost the first debate and Pence won the second...

As u have mentioned and I agree, the VP debate does not play a large role in voting...

If Trump wants to improve his debate performance he would do well to follow the Governor Pence model...which is remain calm, exercise restraint all while making your points and look "presidential"...

Remembering Trump can level any assertions at Secretary Clinton in a mature fashion so long as he does it in a "presidential" manner...

I am a very strong opponent of Hillary and wish her to lose the election but she was excellently prepared and on point the first debate..

Trump would be smart to take today off and focus in preparing for tomorrow so he is less frazzled during Sunday's debate..

Hearing that he is not preparing [again] gives me little hope his performance will improve..

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:11 AM

I can't wait till Sunday

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:15 AM
a reply to: WilburnRoach

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:16 AM

Why does Trump need to prep? He has the best words. He wins every debate. He is ahead in every poll. He has the highest ratings. Blacks and women love him. He's a winner with the hottest wife.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:23 AM
Is every anti Trump poster on ATS a paid shrill?

oh I starred your kaine pic funny stuff!
edit on 7-10-2016 by WilburnRoach because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:29 AM
a reply to: Konduit

Sure whatever you say guy.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:31 AM
a reply to: Gryphon66

He is not even trying to win anymore. IMO he is happy to be this far. It will make him a fortune when he writes a book, with a wonderful title, I'm sure. "The art of the ______"

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:35 AM
They're letting Count Anderson the 'Duper' moderate?

Thats as frenemy as the media can get. How about someone from Trumps camp?

Naaah... that would be playing fair.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:51 AM
Maybe we should watch the debate before we judge anyones performance.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:53 AM

The only thing I'm looking forward from this Sunday's debate is SNL's take on it!
edit on 7-10-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:54 AM

The more you and your colleagues post, the more you give yourself away. It really is quite obvious to many of us here.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:58 AM
I say good. Trump is not only more likely to lose without preparation, he is also infinitely more entertaining to watch when he isn't scripted by the GOP (as we saw for about a week and a half).

Win win for anyone anti-Trump.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:59 AM

originally posted by: intrptr

How about someone from Trumps camp?

Why? Are they going to debate in Trump's place?

Because that's the only way it would make a difference.

Also, Chris Wallace, next debate.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:02 AM
It's weird that anything anti-Trump must be coming from "paid shills" whereas the million anti-Clinton threads we get each day are just opening eyes.

This is a new narrative for ATS for sure.

Keep crying, crybullies. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>