It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there was a nuclear war would people get any actual for-warning???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I've heard yellow stone would basically take take out the entire US...

To add to your targeted list:
-Yellow stone
-Area 51?
-Texas..because it is the 11th largest economy in the world
-I feel like I heard of bases carved in some mountains,but I cannot remember where.

I do believe Minot is still active as you mentioned you were unsure.

The Yellowstone eruption would be a major geological event. You couldn't trigger that just by lobbing a nuke on top of it.

Area 51 is most likely just where the Air Force tests new plane designs. As such, I don't think it would be much of a priority, unless there really is some kind of secret super-technology there.

Texas could take hits because it has important military bases, but trying to wipe out the entire population is mostly just a scare story the government puts out. Nukes are a valuable commodity; once the strategically important targets have been taken out, you can't justify lobbing them all over the place just for the hell of it. (Of course, this would be no consolation to people who do live in strategically important areas like DC or NYC.)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Are you talking about Cheyenne Mountain base in Colorado Springs?

Or rather, do you suppose that is what the poster to whom you were responding, was talking about? That complex is supposed be quite interesting from an architectural perspective.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: The Arbiter of Lies
I've wondered about this as well, will we have any warning as a fellow Canadian have you ever heard if we even have fallout shelters cause I've never heard of any at least here in Calgary and the police like to dodge the question. I wonder how big of a nuclear target we really are though here in the great white north.

TransCanada PipeLine head office has a bunker six floor underground that control most off their pumping station across Canada

I work for them for ten year putting in computer for remote control

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
I forgot about Cheyenne Mountain. Yes, that would certainly be a strategic target. It was supposedly impervious when it was built, but that was decades ago. I imagine that it would be targeted with some kind of nuclear "bunker buster" missile. The good news is that this would be a tactical nuke, and at lease some parts of Colorado Springs would probably survive. The bad news is the survivors would still have the fallout to worry about.

Actually, depending on how bunker-buster technology has advanced, it's possible Cheyenne Mountain might be hit with conventional weapons. The people inside would die, but the city would survive.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The only reason why I bring up area 51 is because of the unknown underground bunkers, and it is pretty well known for the military tests that go on and develop. So basically, a bomb being dropped war has been declared, and whatever assets that are available are going to be used.I'm pretty sure our spy planes from ww2 were developed there etc.

Also, anywhere there is a nuke plant. I'm not sure how many there are off the top of my head...
edit on 7-10-2016 by GraffikPleasure because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sit and seriously think about it one moment. Firstly who would know any ballistics were incoming? That would be the military who are looking for them. They are on a base somewhere and say they had 15 to 20 minutes advanced warning before detonation. Just who could they warn? Probably the guy sitting in the next chair and probably the base, if his orders were to do that. Apart from that he or she might be able to phone home but alerting the public? Not a snowball in hell chance.
Oh yea, they give you a scenario where they take over national TV and radio. So what would be the chances of that? The time limit and the logistics ie getting the OK to do it (like is it real or just a test cos we don't want to put something out and find out after that it was false). You know of course that will never, ever happen.
As has been said before the only warning you will have is, assuming you survive, is the mushroom cloud and a loud bang.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Crazy stuff happens at Area 51. Top secret plane research happens at the Ranch. But the power plant thing is a good point. If they target nuclear power plants the fallout from those may be worse than the bombs.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bigpatato

If there was a nuclear war you would know about it. In order for an inter continent ballistic missile be used to blow up Vancouver or any military base it has to be launched into sub orbit. So maybe a six minute warning? (Just a guess and probably depends on the from where to where distance). Multiple war heads, multiple targets, and do not want one of your missiles taking out other incoming missiles so timing is an issue.

Then there are the submarine missiles. Air craft bombers would also be launched. So yeah, you would know if a full out nuclear discharge was going on.

There satellites, NORAD, civil air defense, the emergency broadcast system, twitter, facebook, email, short wave radios, and the earth shattering kabooms.

Yeah, you would know. If nuclear war starts I would even bet there would be an ATS thread slammed up before there were any confirmations! And it would start off, "Mods, if this is not the proper forum, please move..."

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bigpatato

Butt load of nukes out there pal. WW3 will be over in a year.
Cool thing is.... americans are the most coniving of all.

Theres this guy who runs a country wherein no nuke exist.
Wherein the Americas know there will never be a real reason to bomb that area with nukes... unless....
So... guy says I want to defend, give me nukes.
Then... America says sure thing ol pal.

Creepy s**t holmes

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Population. Taking out many large cities and killing many millions would be a goal to "shock and awe" the population and break their will to fight.

ETA: also Cheyenne Mountain. That location might just get more than one hit.
edit on 10/7/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/7/2016 by Alien Abduct because: Corrected spelling for Cheyenne

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I don't think people fully understand this....

See here's my opinion. It's not a war. It's a MAD. In my opinion, it's all planned out and agreed upon by tptb. They'd get all there vip's in the bunkers then they'd simply let the bmb 's drop on all the cities. They'd just stay in the bunkers for a few years until much of the fall out is over with, then emerge to start the nwo. It has nothing at all to do with war. They'll say it was and is. But it's all fake. It's just to restart the system. right now we have a lot of freedom. People still believe in there rights. But in the nwo after most people are gone it will be a different society. Anyway it's hard to say, but I know it won't be a war, it will just be an extermination.

edit on 8-10-2016 by bigpatato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I think the reason the mountain hideout was selected was that the rock of which it is made is harder than most of the materials from which other bunkers, at lower elevations, are constructed. I could not say for certain, but I suspect that a conventional bunker buster would not penetrate deeply enough to actually pierce the central complex itself.

Now, a nuclear buster.... Interesting concept to be sure, but I do not know of any such device either in existence, or in production. Food for thought though...like a nuclear shaped charge almost. Terrifying.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

would there be an emp before the nucks hit?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join