It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

If You Are An American And You Support Foreign Influence Over Our Elections

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

And attempting to overshadow the content of the leaks by harping about where it may or may not have come from is not productive to this national conversation of addressing corruption and collusion

What national conversation is that? One political party being embarassed for its transgressions? LOL. That'll clean the whole system up won't it? It's an asymmetric assault intended to sway an election not to clean up corruption. If you think any end to corruption will come from it, you're fooling yourself.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Where is your love of country? Where is your dignity? Where is your pride? How about fundamental instinct for self-preservation?

Personally I would view anyone looking for information on what their elected leaders are doing to be a genuine patriot and even more so when they are able to bypass their MSM indoctrination and look at the content and validity of the info as opposed to the source.

Its not that people want to see America fall, its that they want your out of control, totally corrupt and abusive miliatary industrial complex to stop f*****g over the world.

If someone is able to do your country a favour by bringing to light crimes committed by people in high places dont you think you should be thanking them instead of telling them as Aussies or Russians their info is tainted?

Also considering the influence and power the US enthusiastically and usually subversively flaunts over the rest of the world your OP kind of comes across like the pot calling the kettle black

edit on 6/10/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I enjoy your patriotic sentiments, but how is a leak an act of war?

Because state-sponsored hackers intruding into US computer networks to steal targetted information to sway an election is not a whistleblower leaking information.

Isn't that obvious? If you want to discuss how we can be sure that the material is being stolen by state-sponsored Russian hackers, I'm more than willing to do so.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

(And let's not forget that the information may potentially be altered...)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
My fellow Americans, what have they made us into? What have we allowed ourselves to become? I have seen something this election that has disturbed me profoundly and I am left deeply saddened and intensely angered by it.

It was bad enough seeing the fawning over Julian Assange, a man who wants to see our country fall. When I heard a man who wants to be the leader of our great nation so unconcernedly urge on a foreign power's intrusions into American computer networks, I simply could not believe it.

Now I see my countrymen chittering giddily with excitement like little hatchlings waiting for a great big Mother Russian vulture to drop rotten bits of flesh into their hungry beaks. Where is your love of country? Where is your dignity? Where is your pride? How about fundamental instinct for self-preservation?

If you support foreign nations interfering with our elections to further their adversarial ends then please tear down your American flags or be ashamed when you look upon them because you are no patriot. I was going to qualify the first part with "becuase of your desire to see a particular candidate elected" — but you know what? The reasons need not be defined or delineated because there are none that are valid.

By all means vote your conscious but for the love of all things good, for all things American and for your very selves, do not play cheerleader to acts of war waged on a virtual front by a tyrant and his cronies who care nothing for your interests and are attempting to persuade you into supporting theirs.

These are not our friends. They are not trying to root out corruption. They are not trying to improve our lives. They are trying to influence us and the outcome of our most important election to further their own interests. Do not be complicit in your own manipulation.

Reject them. Deny them. Contemptfully spurn them.

Okay, well, then do you call out the US' decades old history of manipulating and interfering in other countries' elections and governments, including everything from instigating regime changes and overthrowing democracies to installing dictators?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

If other countries are the only people looking out for the average American citizen. They are being good global citizens. Not elitist like the people who are supposed to be looking out for the American people

"looking out for the average American citizen?"

Holy f. Do you honestly believe the Russians are looking out for the interest of the average American citizen? They're trying to push things in the direction that they believe will most benefit THEIR interests which do NOT coincide with OURS.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

No I don't go by if everyone is doing it it's OK. We either tell our government to stop, or don't vote for people who will do it or don't complain when other countries do what we started.

Because when we sit here and complain while expecting our government to continue we look weak.

By the way, you don't get to decide who are patriots. Just because some of us want change doesn't mean we don't love our country.
edit on 6-10-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
We hack Russia too. What do you expect, no response?

Or are you just mad it paints Hillary in a bad light?

So instead we should pray that her dirty little secrets stay secret?

Should we not all have our eyes opened to how rigged both parties keep this system?

Exactly, with all due respect for all on this thread, I find it really disturbing when Americans complain about Russia supposedly interfering in our election, when we have a 70 year history of doing exactly that in countless countries across the world, not to mention hacking and spying.

Pot calling the kettle...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

My fellow Americans, what have they made us into? What have we allowed ourselves to become? I have seen something this election that has disturbed me profoundly and I am left deeply saddened and intensely angered by it.

It was bad enough seeing the fawning over Julian Assange, a man who wants to see our country fall. When I heard a man who wants to be the leader of our great nation so unconcernedly urge on a foreign power's intrusions into American computer networks, I simply could not believe it.

Now I see my countrymen chittering giddily with excitement like little hatchlings waiting for a great big Mother Russian vulture to drop rotten bits of flesh into their hungry beaks. Where is your love of country? Where is your dignity? Where is your pride? How about fundamental instinct for self-preservation?

If you support foreign nations interfering with our elections to further their adversarial ends then please tear down your American flags or be ashamed when you look upon them because you are no patriot. I was going to qualify the first part with "becuase of your desire to see a particular candidate elected" — but you know what? The reasons need not be defined or delineated because there are none that are valid.

By all means vote your conscious but for the love of all things good, for all things American and for your very selves, do not play cheerleader to acts of war waged on a virtual front by a tyrant and his cronies who care nothing for your interests and are attempting to persuade you into supporting theirs.

These are not our friends. They are not trying to root out corruption. They are not trying to improve our lives. They are trying to influence us and the outcome of our most important election to further their own interests. Do not be complicit in your own manipulation.

Reject them. Deny them. Contemptfully spurn them.

It is sad when the American public can find the truth from foreign powers rather than it's own corrupt government.

Truth is more important than it's source.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Okay, well, then do you call out the US' decades old history of manipulating and interfering in other countries' elections and governments, including everything from instigating regime changes and overthrowing democracies to installing dictators?

I have denounced on numerous occassions various interventions by the US government. That doesn't mean I'm open to the same s# from the Russians.

It's not even a question for me.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Then scurry along and tell Hillary to come clean so we don't have to rely on third parties for the truth of her almost unimaginable corruption. How's about that?

It's almost unimaginable to you because you only see what you want to see. Justify your disloyalty all you want but it still remains disloyalty.

It's not disloyalty. Many elite politicians on both sides of the aisle are disloyal to the American people, and are puppets of the military industrial complex. This includes Clinton.

edit on 6-10-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I enjoy your patriotic sentiments, but how is a leak an act of war?

Because state-sponsored hackers intruding into US computer networks to steal targetted information to sway an election is not a whistleblower leaking information.

Isn't that obvious? If you want to discuss how we can be sure that the material is being stolen by state-sponsored Russian hackers, I'm more than willing to do so.

Yeah if you dont store your server in your bathroom it wont get hacked.
Material wont get stolen if you are not "extremely" careless with clasdified info.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I have denounced on numerous occassions various interventions by the US government. That doesn't mean I'm open to the same s# from the Russians.

At the same time, you appear to be supporting politicians who are part and parcel of this history of US interventionism for empire..

Clinton has it coming, as do many others, because they themselves haven't respected other countries. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

You don't think other countries are going do everything possible to counteract the vast power and threat of the US?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

There's a difference between seeking truth and being manipulated. Exposing one half of a corrupt whole so that the other half can come to power thereby advancing another nation's interests — which are not aligned with ours — is not a win by any standard.

I can't even believe what I'm reading. This isn't the Russians trying to do us a favor ffs.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It wasn't the Clinton email server that was hacked.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Then scurry along and tell Hillary to come clean so we don't have to rely on third parties for the truth of her almost unimaginable corruption. How's about that?

It's almost unimaginable to you because you only see what you want to see. Justify your disloyalty all you want but it still remains disloyalty.

It's disloyal to maintain the image that Clinton is anything but an opportunistic career criminal. What was it Cicero said;

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

than don't support the same system we have now that we constantly antagonizes Russia forcing retaliation. You keep believing the narrative that Russia is evil while we keep trying to get a rise out of them, and one day we will.

If you want to act like a strong patriot and focus on our house and have the balls to say it's not perfect and only we can fix it.

Saying we are the super power and constantly blaming other countries for our misfortune is petty.

Forgive me for thinking the only way to fix your house is by doing it ourselves.

Maybe when we don't piss all over the rest of the world and focus on ourselves we won't have so many enemies.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Some of us realize the two party system feeds the same head (agenda) your not on that train. Your on the butt hurt train because they are only going after a candidate who likes the idea of WWIII.

No skin off my nose if they go after Republicans, they haven't done sh** for me either lately.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

a reply to: Xeven

There's a difference between seeking truth and being manipulated. Exposing one half of a corrupt whole so that the other half can come to power thereby advancing another nation's interests — which are not aligned with ours — is not a win by any standard.

I can't even believe what I'm reading. This isn't the Russians trying to do us a favor ffs.

I understand this argument, completely. But it's a bit in a vacuum.

The media and most of the power structure are hell bent on getting Clinton into power. Most of the information people are receiving is pro-Clinton. Ask yourself why many people are having to receive counter information from illegitimate means? And they aren't even receiving that much. I could write worse things about Clinton than Putin or Assange are saying.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

That is a lie. The evidence is out.

Your pompous patriot bs ends suddenly when hillarys shenanigans are brought up. You are disengenous on this subject. Sell your "scary russia" bs elsewhere.
Obama allowed russia to roll into crimea and Ukraine they werent labled as dirty commie monsters then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join