It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Allows Herself to be Beaten - Rather Than Shooting The Criminal.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
In the immortal words of Arlo, "but when we got to the police officer's station, there was a third possibility that we hadn't even counted upon"

Who says any of this actually happened this way? It sounds sort of hinky to implausible. And that third possibility is, the guy just got the jump on her, beat her down, her buds showed up, and decided it was too good a story to waste. So they concocted the entire "I was too afraid to use my weapon" thing to take advantage of the beaten officer they had at hand.

I really detest this mind-alteringly stupid argument that if you have limits on LEO behavior that are actually more than lip service or legal paper, you are endangering their lives 'because they might hesitate'. It's the "literally BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS" thing that the unions were spewing for several weeks whenever an investigation got a little too in depth.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
She got her ass whupped by a hyped up guy.

Her buddies came to her aid and they contrived a story with a sick twist to get sympathy against the BLM movement.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It seems like the world is finally taking a positive turn. Police are PAID to take risk as part of their job. And if they were not, it would still be their sworn duty to protect and serve. It is not their duty to shoot everyone they suspect may have something in their pocket like a legally licensed firearm. It is their duty to second guess them selves and sometimes get hurt. Finally cops may realize that when they take zero risk they are zeros, while when they take maximum risk they are heroes. That cop is a hero cop. Sadly, one of the few doing their jobs right.

People on PCP are mentally ill, and cops need to risk their lives getting them to the asylum alive even if it means risking their own life. Tazers and mace are the proper tools to deal with these people, not guns. So, finally I hear a story which happened correctly if accurately described by the news, which I doubt, but if so the world may be getting to become a safer place where police occasionally get hurt on the job which as I mentioned, is part of the job.
edit on 9-10-2016 by wayforward because: spelling

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
A cop should be strong and able to defeat his opponent, guns are only for shoot outs.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: suvorov

No, they're not, but I can see why you'd think that.

Firearms are meant to be the ultimate deterrent, but at the same time be a useful tool to eliminate a threat, either to the officer's safety or the safety of others, if necessary.

Yes, officers SHOULD be of the size and strength and skill to defeat an opponent at every turn, but that's not reality, and quite honestly, there are way too many good/great officers of small size or average strength, so we would be ridding our police forces of these individuals and replacing them with NFL-linebacker type people with expert skills in close-quarter hand-to-hand combat.

This is not reality. Officers MUST maintain control of the situation at all times, otherwise things like this incident happen. THAT is what a gun is for, and obviously, firearms are not drawn on civilians at every encounter, so for the most part, I think that police firearms are used appropriately.

You never want a shootout to happen--LEOs are there, if necessary, to stop that from happening by firing the first shot.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

That's a very romantic view of cops.

They actually are not recieving training to handle stress, are often well out of shape, not capable of assesing the threat and acting appropriately.

Leos are out of control. Texas has more armored vehicles in police dept than the national guard.

It's not the cops fault its the politicians writing the laws and tactics. They dump all the failed civil policy onto the cops to pick up the mess on top of that.

Half the cops in this country are out of shape mentally and physically. Its actually dangerous for us and them.

As a martial artist you prob know how important controlling adrenaline dumps is. Live hard sparring should be a multiple time a week practice as should shooting under stress.
edit on 12-10-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
just for those that say it was staged, or not buying it.

big fella
edit on 16-10-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join