It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Allows Herself to be Beaten - Rather Than Shooting The Criminal.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

nope.

Personally, I want this "get high on angel dust and fight cops" type of person dead.

edit on 10 7 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

(post by CRYDACDC removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
posted by: CRYDACDC

I think you need serious help, mate. I would recommend sectioning yourself, you seem to be unhinged.

I would give EVERY femanine with a weapon permission to shoot every man if they feel neccessity,

Which is why you're posting to a forum and not from a position of authority.

And I love man.

Acceptance is the first step to true orientation happiness. There are plenty of threads about the nature vs nurture origins of homosexuality. I'm quite a proponent of the biological/genetic argument. feel free to join in here
edit on 7-10-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Thursday, October 6, 2016

A Chicago police officer allowed herself to be seriously injured by an assailant who repeatedly smashed her face into the pavement, until she was unconscious yesterday. She's still in the hospital in serious condition. She allowed this to happen in order to avoid putting herself and the Chicago police department in the national spotlight, for police brutality.

The error was hers.
How did she allow herself to get into that situation?
There had to be lots of SOP not being effected.
Where's her arsenal of 'less than lethal' weaponry?
Something stinks with the story.
She screwed up, probably many ways, and paid the price.
You have already erred long before you end in a physical brawl.
Good 'excuse', though.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
is PCP making a comeback? i didn't even think that stuff was still around!

(post by CRYDACDC removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CRYDACDC
are YOU personally threatening me? You yourself behind that computer screen?
Not your friends or aquaintances or business assosiates or family ... just you...

Good heavens, no. Did I imply that? I certainly didn't intend to threaten. I was only trying to understand and comment on your wonderful, kind and compassionate soliloquy.

T*ss*r

Classy. Coincidentally, that's my Grindr handle...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
strange, youre all saying being high on pcp or meth makes you impervious to pain, while the article states the perp was subdued using non lethal force, mace and tazer.

I guess her gun was her absolute, thats why she was debating whether to kill him or use non lethal force like the other LEOS did, as theyre supposed to do and bring the man to justice.

had she used her tazer or mace, as her first choice, this would be a routine stop. its the killing thing that was tempting, and her sole reason for not killing when she could have used less than lethal force was the backlash, or maybe she forgot to turn off her body cam...
edit on 7-10-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
a reply to: carewemust

Why didn't she pepper spray him? Seriously? She almost got killed by some nut job. #JUSTANOTHERDAYINTHEUSFUNNYFARM

I read that she tasered the man, but he was high on PCP. I'll have to look up what PCP is. I thought it was bug killer for crops.

Oh it's an old classic making a comeback. It had a reputation for turning people into superhuman monsters, though I believe that was greatly exaggerated. It also often caused (drug induced) psychotic symptoms, including delusions and hallucinations.

I think the reality was that, in addition to the potential for drug-induced psychosis, it would trigger people with existing violent tendencies, often making them feel incredibly strong and powerful, and its pain-blocking effects meant they would carry on fighting when a normal person would be rolling around on the floor screaming in agony. Hence the reputation for being superhuman monsters, even though this response was only found in a very small percentage of users.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

nope.

Personally, I want this "get high on angel dust and fight cops" type of person dead.

Not a big fan of the constitution are ya?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

She told the chief of police, who came to visit her in the hospital, that she was scared to draw her weapon. I'm amazed at how people comment on ATS threads without reading the linked-to media article that prompts creation of the thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Headline should read, "Police officer does nothing against crime"

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Uh no kidding meth and pcp are not the same. However, that doesnt stop people from taking both. Both the drugs have a history of being tough to subdue was my point.

I dont believe the story either but it has everyrhing to do with training. It doesnt matter if she isnt a rookie if her training isnt good to begin with. Dr's use to be trained to do blood letting. That didnt make their technique any more useful to have training to do that.

Leo's do not have high enough aptitude requirements for todays threats. They need to be smart IQ wise to asses the situation, they nees to be physically fit, they need daily or weekly training in submission techniques not just during their academy training, they should be required to keep physical fitness and grappling techniques. Fighters and soldiers both learn to deal with adranaline dumps something cops need training in. They need better communication skills to talk perps down instead of increase the threat.

These are just facts. There should never be overweight cops on the street. Thats as dumb as having your quarter back be overweight and out of shape. They should have multiple, weekly training sessions, extreme stress training where they are still required to make the right call.

Being a leo is very difficult. Especially so because they are not adequately trained or maintained. Many officers take it on themselves to stat well tuned. I have been a wrestler and judoka for almost 30 years, I know a lot of cops who come to Bjj class and stay in shape. They are also some of the better community based cops I have ever met.

They should also be paid fairly to have to deal with the lump of crap the mayors, senators, and presidents have left them.
edit on 7-10-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Thank you for this!!! Bravo!!!

Our LEOs deserve -- and NEED -- much better and much more extensive training than they are receiving now, but I just don't have the experience or knowledge to know what that should or could be. I really appreciate you outlining the many ways that can and should be done.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Not buying it.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I read the article.

It smacks of BS and propaganda.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Even as a civilian, if a thug is smashing my face into the pavement, and I have a gun, I'm shooting the guy!

And therein lies the fear of backlash, because even though it was the back of his head versus his face (if you're already face-down, you're not shooting anyone), your assessment of propriety is exactly what go Treyvon Martin shot by George Zimmerman (people, please don't go off-topic and start arguing about the Martin/Zimmerman altercation).

Yet, the media and the court of public opinion screamed "murderer!" at Zimmerman.

Now you understand the dilemma cited by the officer, and I fully understand the "why" behind having that thought. That said, I have the same sentiment that you do--if I'm in such harm's way, I'm doing everything I can to make it back home to the family that I'm claiming to be protecting by not shooting.

That criminal could have taken her weapon and killed her and other people with it, or it could have found its way into the hands of a criminal who would have killed people with it.

This officer should be fired for her actions, as she put many people's lives in danger by doing what she did. And BLM and similarly minded groups and individuals should be ashamed at themselves for the atmosphere that they have created for police officers who, for the most part, just want to do the right thing and go home when their shift is over.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

A couple things here.

One the story says three cops. Were they there the whole time? If so how can this have happened? It clearly says one of the officers pepper sprayed the guy to submission.

Two was she called to deal with a large man acting like he is on drugs or insane? If so how did her judgement get her in that position to be beaten? Whay would she not wait for back up? Was backup already there?

Three does she have the training to asses the risk and the solution? Probably not.

Was she physically and mentally sharp? You cant put cops on the street anymore who are not capable of assesing the modern threats.

edit on 7-10-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: SeaYote

How about a Non Lethal Gun that Shoots Knock Out Gas Canisters . As soon as a round hits the Perps Body , it Explodes Rapidly , and in One Breathe they become Unconscious . Another Idea would be a Tranquillizer Gun for Humans .

YES!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

big fan. The constitution doesnt say ALL life is sacred. People now a days do.

That wont last. BTW, its not new. It comes and goes when comfort permits.

Noble ideas are nice, but a novelty.

Some must die. Some should die. Some do.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join