It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Allows Herself to be Beaten - Rather Than Shooting The Criminal.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Could be in Powdered Form . The consistency of Talcum Powder . Particles at a High Velocity disperse more rapidly than a gas .

well i suppose that's possible, but then it wouldn't be a gas.

plus how are you going to control how much a person inhales, be it gas or powder. again being that it would have to be something that would knock them out, to much could kill, not enough no effect, or not enough effect and hitting them again could deliver to much.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Remember Arnold in that Scene at the Airport in the " Running Man " ? He's being Chased , and was Put Down by a Net Gun . Are they Actually Real , or just some Hollywood Invention ?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

How about a Non Lethal Gun that Shoots Knock Out Gas Canisters .

what about dispensation rate what about the wind blowing, to many variables in using that.

Another Idea would be a Tranquillizer Gun for Humans .

you do know that when a tranq gun is used on animals there is a dosages size, they estimate how big the animal is and then load the amount of tranquillizer. to much can kill, not enough doesn't knocks them out i would think the same applies to humans.

for normal targets the use of high power riot rounds would be better. Sure you might break some bones but you will put them down hard non lethally. These things expand into a plus shape on exiting the barrel. its short range but high impact.

That sounds like it would be really effective, if you could load several of them in one gun...just in case you miss the first 1 or 2 shots.

Maybe technology will one day allow those "+" (plus) shaped rounds to carry a knock-out drug.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

? only HESH rounds (High-explosive squash head HESH) i've heard of are for defeating armour on tanks.

the only other rounds i've heard of for riots guns/ shot guns are baton, bean bag, rubber, and pepper balls.

edit on 6-10-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Bean bag rounds seem to be the most effective... Every time I've ever heard of a suicidal psychopath running around a shopping centre with a loaded gun in Australia, the cops have always apprehended them alive with a few bean bag rounds... Makes me wonder why the US police never use them.

I suppose killing them is just easier... not that I really care all that much, tbh... I got enough of my own problems to worry about.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

yes, they are real but i think they are more of a joke than effective.
Video: Net gun stops suspects in their tracks

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaYote
a reply to: carewemust
...How about something that will temporarily disable but not kill?

Someday

Seriously though the Military is always doing research on non lethal/less than lethal weaponry right now I believe most of the focus is on directed energy weapons like PEP and ADS. If these weapons are deemed effective I would assume a man portable device would eventually be developed.

I like sticky foam (dispersal must be accompanied with comic book-esque one liners) and PHASR although a blinded assailant could still pose a danger.

Non-Lethal Weapons

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: yuppa

? only HESH rounds (High-explosive squash head HESH) i've heard of are for defeating armour on tanks.

the only other rounds i've heard of for riots guns/ shot guns are baton, bean bag, rubber, and pepper balls.

I should had specified the power of the ones i meant. these arent strong enough to hole a tank but they are strong enough to dent a car door liek being hit with a 30 lb sledge hammer. These versions are made for very high kinetic attacks. Good at longer distances than the RIOT rounds.
Small handheld shotgun would be perfect for the RIOT those as it could hold 3-4 shells. These are both prototype i saw of the new RIOT rounds. High density material similiar to rubber.

Seeing as how these are very strong i suspect they will never go past protype.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

“In a situation when someone is out of control and a TASER is not the best option, we can combine this with a TASER and it’s going to be better for everybody,” Saginaw County Undersheriff Robert Karl said.

So in Concert with a Tazer , it might work well IF the Situation is Favorable for it .

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me. Totally expected. I'm sure if she shot the junky, you'd have all the family members coming out the woodwork talking about how great a person he was and holding up 20 year old pictures of the guy in high school.

Austin might as well be Mogadishu at this point. I drive through the neighborhood daily. The very definition of shizhole. Entire neighborhood should be razed imho.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Why didn't she use her taser? That would be one question.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

The suspect was captured and is in jail, one cop was injured but no one died, isn't this a good thing.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
so the only training she received was to kill.

either kill a perp or do nothing... the academy failed her in that case.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wow lots of people jumping to conclusions. Why was her head beat in with three cops present? Did they arrive later? Are they in shape? Do they have the non lethal tools they need? Why no acoustic weapons? Even methed out pcp fiends cant ignore that without ear protection.

The problem is training and aptitude testing. Its not the cops fault they get thrown into the fire andnwere hired without being qualified.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
so the only training she received was to kill.

What other training could be more appropriate for a female, who's having her head slammed into the concrete by some psychopath?

Like seriously?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: SeaYote

How about a Non Lethal Gun that Shoots Knock Out Gas Canisters . As soon as a round hits the Perps Body , it Explodes Rapidly , and in One Breathe they become Unconscious . Another Idea would be a Tranquillizer Gun for Humans .

Actually, I agree with you. With our level of tech, why the hell not couldn't we come up with an effective knock out gun, NOT lethal one. Like a true stun gun?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

One dont get into that situation. Have the tools necessary to put someone down. If she isnt trained to address the situation ahe shouldnt be a cop.

What the heck were the other cops doing on the scene? Was she answering a call about a drugged up man? Was she in athletic shape? Too much unanswered and the story seems odd. What were the two other cops doing? Were they in shape? Did the have tasers, pepper spray etc? Did they have adequate submission training?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: 191stMIDET

Why didn't she pepper spray him? Seriously? She almost got killed by some nut job. #JUSTANOTHERDAYINTHEUSFUNNYFARM

I read that she tasered the man, but he was high on PCP. I'll have to look up what PCP is. I thought it was bug killer for crops.

It is more commonly known as "angel dust". It must be making a comeback.

"ANGEL" dust? It had the opposite affect on this criminal. Come to think of it, I remember seeing a movie in the late 1970's where drug dealers were making a lot of money selling "angel dust". I think the movie was "Shaft".

The drug was actually an anesthetic for surgery originally...in a controlled medical environment. It is a powerful sedative. However...like any drug, it has side effects, and in this case the most common of those is that it causes hallucinations. And in some people, what they experience makes them dangerously psychotic. So it was eventually banned from clinical use and became a very popular street drug.

Prescription drugs on the street are dangerous as hell already, because the dosage is not regulated. There is no "standard dose" for anesthetic drugs...that's why an anesthesiologist is required in every operating room, to make sure nothing goes sideways. Anesthesia doesn't actually put people to sleep. It puts them under. They have no memory of anything during that time.

Angel dust is actually what people used to call a street concoction of coke and heroin...similar to what meth users call "riding the rollercoaster". A stimulant and a sedative together will get a person very high, but not cause them to pass out and miss the whole experience.

Well, PCP does it all in one convenient drug. It was the ultimate angel dust, so that's what they called it...that's only one name for it, though. But as a recreational drug, it is even more unpredictable than it was in a clinical setting. It is by no means a common drug, either...and this is significant.

I think this story is a fabrication...I want to be clear on that. And it's the fact that they chose PCP that cements it for me, actually. The reason for that is, PCP is infamous, due to its side effects. Hallucinations, irrational and violent "animalistic" behavior, psychosis...all of those are common with this drug. But the most important thing about it, particularly in regard to this story, is that people who are high on PCP do not feel pain, and they aquire an almost superhuman strength. They are neither asleep nor awake...they are under general anesthesia.

So we've got a very convenient drug here...which is why I suspect they chose it for their story. Mace isn't going to affect someone on PCP. Neither would a taser. Nor beating them with a baton. The only things that will stop them are a tranquilizer, paralytic, or a bullet.

Other than that, they're uncontrollable until the massive burst of adrenaline and sustained physical exertion causes muscle failure. They will literally not stop the violent aggression until they collapse from exhaustion.

So, they've got everything covered here. A guy on PCP has a violent psychotic break. Without warning, he starts wailing on a female cop for no apparent reason. Mace and taser have no effect on him. Nothing short of killing him is going to stop him, which causes her to pause and have a moral debate with herself on whether or not to shoot him...all the while, mind you, having her face caved in by this maniac. She allows herself to be beaten within an inch of her life, taking one for the team, like a boss. All wrapped up with a shiny, heroic bow on top, right?

So why didn't either of the other two officers cap this maniac? What...they were also scared to use a gun, even though one of their own, a helpless female, was being brutalized right in front of them? And, the key problem with this entire story: how did they know he was on PCP? Remember, this is not a common drug. Blood toxicology for something like that can take weeks to get results, because it is a specialty test. Hospital laboratories have to ship specimens to a reference lab for things like that.

It's always the little things that trip people up when they're trying to sell an elaborate lie. In this case, they failed to explain away why two able-bodied cops, who had the opportunity to take this guy down and save their fellow officer from being beaten so severely that she is still in critical condition, did not neutralize the threat to her life. But the biggest, glaring red flag is the PCP. They should have gone with bath salts or flakka instead. They probably used PCP because of its horrifying history...many people don't know what it is, but they know it is a very, very bad drug that makes people crazy and has ended a lot of lives. It is the boogeyman of illicit drugs. But most importantly, it is the perfect drug to fit the narrative of this story.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

unless the perp ambushed her from behind and tackled her to the ground, if not, then her only method of defense was to shoot? her only conflict resolution was kill or be head-slammed.
so no other defense from criminals as a cop but to kill, no other combat training, baton, pepper spray, taser, hand to head, basic self defense?
unless she was ambushed or had no possible way of seeing the perp or had contact with the perp prior to the attack then her only option was to kill i guess.

-- she also had 2 other officers with her responding at the scene.?
whom used a stun gun and mace to bring the perp down, her immediate reaction was to use her gun. had she used mace or stun gun and not hesitate and question why kill or repercussion of killing when she has mace and stun gun, like the other officers who were at the scene used, is not a mistake a nearly 20 year veteran should make whilst in the company of 2 other officers whom used non lethal weapons to subdue the jack-ass whos possibly got a long rap sheet.

--why is killing the immediate and only action police must take. if she stunned him with mace and tazer like the other officers, instead of debating whether or not if she kills the man, as judge jury executioner, would there be a backlash when she could have used non lethal force, she would be fine and this would be a non-news. and she would be doing her job, make arrests and bring to trial to face punishment passed by a judge and jury. ...
the conundrum is mind boggling.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I have no experience with dealing with someone on pcp (meth though as a bouncer) but i am pretty sure if you break someones ankles, wrists, knees, and have three people trained in say bjj, judo, or wresting you could handle a pcp user just fine.

The skeletal and muscle structure can only get super charged so much from adrenaline you cant go past the actual bodies limitations. One can not become superhuman accept in regards to pain tolerance. So you dont attack the guy for pain you do it for damage. You slow them down with attacking weak points and chokes.

The problem is they have taken a lot of physical defense from officers because of missues. So instead of hiring and training officers to have better judgement and thoroughly punishing abusers they just take away self defense techniques tgat couls save everyone's life. Sure it could kill a perp to choke them out if they have a heart attack from drugs or being grossly out of shape but its a better chance than getting shot.
edit on 6-10-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join