It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

My interest went to the Druids

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
A little bird whispered in my ear, " seek out the Swan and you will find a whole new world "

Im wondering what the bird meant? Do anyone care to elaborate?

Very little is known about the ancient druids. They left no written accounts of themselves, and the only evidence are a few descriptions left by Greek, Roman, and various scattered authors and artists, as well as stories created by medieval writers.[2] While archaeological evidence has been uncovered pertaining to the religious practices of the Iron Age people, "not one single artefact or image has been unearthed that can undoubtedly be connected with the ancient druids."[3] Various recurring themes emerge in a number of the Greco-Roman accounts of the druids, including that they performed animal and even human sacrifice, believed in a form of reincarnation, and held a high position in Gaulish society. Next to nothing is known for certain about their religious practices, except for the ritual of oak and mistletoe as described by Pliny the Elder.

Druid - Wikipedia

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

This is a great topic. I'm glad you brought this up. The Druids are a group i've known very, very little about and now you have piqued my interest.

Why no records?

Destroyed by adversaries, or did they keep from making their identities documented on purpose from their inception to prevent people from understanding their role in international dealings and historical significance?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So, basically the druids are kind of like Bigfoot. . . . . Sort of😉

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Out of all curiosity. Do you see the source you posted as a legitimate one? Because you would not have tried to start a fight over my spirituality with me would you? You'd need to know what my path is, which culture is involved etc

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

No records of their spiritual practices as they had an apparent prohibition on writing down what they considered spiritual. The Irish Druids at least were known to be able to read and write in Greek and Latin. Despite some horrid authors, there is no surviving books from that period. Mind you there are very few surviving books from any western cultures of that period anyway.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Always been an interest of mine. 2 places you may find more info is the works of Michael Tsarion, and also researching the Tuatha de Danaan.

To my understanding they were historians in the sense that they attempted to keep traditions from Atlantis alive. ( That's where skeptics roll their eyes.)

If you read into Irish mythology, it's suggested that the Celts were Atlantean refugees and the Druids were their priest caste in a sense. This is also backed up by linking the DNA of the Celts to The Basques and The Berbers. All 3 groups are said to have originated in Atlantis, and they all share some common ground in other areas as well.

As far as their records go, I'd imagine they were purposely destroyed by the Dark Nobility or another group of assholes hellbent on destroying our true history.

Happy hunting!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Atlantis was a creation myth from Plato connected with the Egyptian civilization.. But ill look into the book you recommend..
It would also explain the stone monuments in Great Britain a sophisticated calendar for the time and era..

Anything else you can recommend..

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Oy ....

Ok the Druids were the intellectuals of the Celtic Speaking peoples. More than historians, but also less than what some people make them out to be. Intellectuals, priests, judges, rolled into one.

The Irish Mythology does NOT disciss Atlantis. That was inserted later, but people grinding an axe.

There is also no "Celtic DNA". Why Celtic is a cultural thing, not a physical trait.

You are correct about one thing. Read the myths of the Celtic Speaking peoples. Its a place to start.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

No you got everything wrong, i got an interest about the druid culture so i can break it down to its roots..
And leave an obol..

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Oh I have everything wrong do I?

The Druid "culture" is part of the individual western Celtic speaking cultures. It is not separate.

Care to illustrate how a Roman observation of Gauls, might be relevant to say the Irish Celts?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang Think of them as shamans, their knowledge was all over pagan Europe at the time, but just in the island we have this mystery aura. Maybe they were special sect of hard-core anti-Christianity guys, more bad-ass then the other cultures' shamans, maybe not. Too much legends, too less facts. And too much chips and fish. How people can eat this?!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Well no, i never said you were wrong about the druid culture.. i think you confuse this topic and the sigil/seal topic..

Im new at the Druid thingy, but i can surely say.. When im done.. There isnt gonna be a door left un-opened..

So care to share with your insight about the druid culture.. Or is it jumping a rabbit hole?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

I think it was a priest cast with a indo-european heritage eastern culture doctrines.. Might be wrong though

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Oy ....

Ok the Druids were the intellectuals of the Celtic Speaking peoples. More than historians, but also less than what some people make them out to be. Intellectuals, priests, judges, rolled into one.

The Irish Mythology does NOT disciss Atlantis. That was inserted later, but people grinding an axe.

There is also no "Celtic DNA". Why Celtic is a cultural thing, not a physical trait.

You are correct about one thing. Read the myths of the Celtic Speaking peoples. Its a place to start.

Slow your roll. I've studied Irish mythology and just because they don't say the name "Atlantis" in written works doesn't mean they weren't alluding to it.

In fact, if you read about the Tuatha De Danaan they discuss the sinking of a land called "Og" to their west. They're not talking about Iceland. The Tuatha were also known as very spiritually advanced or "magical" people because they relied on ancient wisdom that other civilizations simply did not posess

And you're right that Celts are not an individual DNA group, but they do share traceable markers with other Scots and Welsh.

You wanna go real deep? Look up "Leabhar Gabhla."

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Atlantis was a creation myth from Plato connected with the Egyptian civilization.. But ill look into the book you recommend..
It would also explain the stone monuments in Great Britain a sophisticated calendar for the time and era..

Anything else you can recommend..

I recommend looking beyond the popular view that Atlantis can only be attributed to Plato's writings. According to nearly every ancient culture around the world, it was very real. They all have it in their history. Why? As an allegory? Highly doubtful.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The druids are interesting.
I was reading a story about a druid magi which i cant remember his name but he was the student of a famous magi who challenged the apostles in magic. He levitated above them and they prayed to god and the magi fell. The people who witnessed this stoned the magi to death. His student was outraged and ended up killing one of the apostle. When i find the link i will add it for you

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

please do =)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I find some sources relating druid philosophy with venus?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

please do =)

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I found it

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

This was awesome, exaclty what i was looking for..

Thank you!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join