It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spider in the Corner - a halloween science fiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The Great Council of All Spiders grew nervous. More and more often did their long legged secret service agents and advisors bring reports about strange phenomena to their Triangular Proteinaceous Table.

For the last ever aeon the main duty of the Great Council, the GCAS, had been to liaise between all individual or affiliated spiders and the Grand Meta Spider, the GMS, who was the Overlord in the Vast Space of any Spirit and Beyond. The GMS stood above all manifestations of all realities known and unknown and these liaisons between the GCAS and the GMS were of vital importance in His conduct of Weaving the Great Web of Life.

The reports concerned a Planet called Earth in the Milkyway Galaxy, as the Earthlings, or Humans, called themselves and their specific Crossing Point within the Meta Web of Life. The agents sketched out psychotic events among the inhabitants of Earth, where the discussed seem to have experiences that were not of solid human substance, more like unexplainable sightings and psychedelic adventures of ufos, time travels, déjà vu, something they called the mandela effect, ghosts and spirits, doppelgaenger, hallucinations and many more such unspecific phaentasies.

Upon finally receiving word of these unusual occurrences, the GMS also grew nervous and questioned his very own system coordinators and mechanics for any malfunction in their proteinaceous web production. After a defect in his own ranks, even of sub- or super-atomic nature, could be eliminated, he ordered an indepth investigation into as to how these dangerous glitches, as he had to call them, were leaking amongst those humans.

Ms Portia Fimbriata, Head of the newly formed Problem Solving Super Commando, PSSC, jumped right into her highly advanced hunting strategies and modified her superior traits as she was briefed. “We have to follow the thread that leads us back to the start of these abominated leaks” she urged her unit at once.

The PSSC troops rapidly weaved back along the codes of the path that led them to some life forms and their intricacies, which they immediately copied and pasted into their award winning choice supersonic and -optic enlarger lens “EarthView”. The results were forwarded without delay to the Interpretations Laboratories who sent their results only hours later to the Triangular Proteinaceous Table of the GCAS.

The Great Council did not waste any time either to call an Urgent Unofficial Meeting to examine the material brought forward. What they saw was quite unusual::

Eeek, here there are again, said she, looking at a harmless spider in the corner of her room. She stepped towards a cabinet, grabbed a can of low irritant fly spray, returned to the corner and squirted the spider with a vague vapour from the can. I’m so sorry spider, but I hope you die a nice death. And take the meaning of your death to other spiders and let them know not to come into my room, please, she added, or I will kill them too.

“What is this?” asked a councillor, “can you move in on her thought sequences as to why she squirts the spider only half dead making it sick instead of killing it?” Again they analysed her behaviour::

“You are such a killer”, she heard her sister saying and looking at her with angry eyes, “what are you afraid of, you wooz?” She could not stand her older sisters’ disapproval. Her sister had told her many times that story of spiders and how they feel, and how ignorant people kill them because they cannot bring themselves to understand these creatures. She had to admit, she was one of them. One of those who needed to get rid of spiders for their survival; no matter how often they were told about the spiders’ innocence, some people could not judge differently. The only thing she could do - she was even reasonably proud of herself for doing so - was not to use too much poison that could have killed ten spiders at once, as she had observed other people do.

Little did she know what devastation she caused with her action. The undead spiders created glitches and could not hold their sacred purpose and leaked otherworldly information from the Great Web of Life not meant for Earth. Nor would she ever have guessed, that she was not the only one having such inappropriate episodes of mercy.

Highest levels of alarm were raised at the Council Meeting and a debate started about what kind of solutions to this difficulty they should submit to His Greatness, the GMS, together with these evaluations.

“We could slice out the problematic areas from the Web, then use the new BondFast, that fills the main and any consequent gaps with undetectable precision”, offered one Councillor, and another mentioned it would be best to terminate her and her likes by the Tarantula Squad.

The GMS was shocked:: how can these useless senseless councillors come up with such propositions! The GMS did not like the members of his Great Council, he would rather have Portia and members of her clan in his council, but they were too smart to get themselves trapped into that tedious job.

His Greatness, the Grand Meta Spider, interrupted his weaving, closed his eyes and took a deep deep breath before stepping infront of the Triangular Proteinaceous Table and said with a sonorous voice::

”The surprises are about to begin !” ……

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

I like spiders and I liked your story.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

i'm glad to hear that. thanks

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I hate spiders. but that was some great writing! Does your story continue?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

very brave of you to read my story despite hating spiders. but hating might not be as bad as being afraid of them.

no, there is no written continuation to this story, but i hope it does in your imagination. i'm even curious how others would continue the story

but i'm writing an other one. also about spiders. will post it soon.

edit on 7-10-2016 by lucia2389 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2016 by lucia2389 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I am afraid of spiders. They creep me out!!!!!!!

You are a good writer, so I will read your next story. I just hope there are no creepy spider pics involved. LOL

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Loved it. Thank you.

Excellent stuff

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

thank you too

it means a lot to me to receive a feedback

top topics

join