It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DCLEAKS Releasing 1000's of New Clinton Insider Emails

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Quauhtli

These weren't State communications, though. Since a lot of people want to know about Trump's tax records, is it now ok for hackers to steal and release them?

Is it not ?

The entire media seems to think its great including the entire left-leaning world !

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You must accept the last statement has important "So the end does justify the means provided the intent is pure (i.e., to reveal the truth), and greater good is served (i.e. in order to help the innocent)."

Most of your arguments are really related to responsibility. And, yes you have to accept the potential of being wrong. Spying on a spouse does not serve the greater good even if it would reveal the truth. Hackers are in fact a public service when used correctly because the can help correct a corrupt government You may have heard the term white hats, black hat hackers or more simply good and bad.

Officials, bad ones, must be made accountable for their actions and sometimes the justice system is just to weak to do it on it's own and needs a little help. We are talking about the greater good. Anything in this world can be misused, guns, trucks, and skills.

edit on 6-10-2016 by WishIKnew2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Hacking is a despicable act...

I fear the ramifications of this precedent...

I want Hillary to lose the election but not at this cost...
The cost of abandoning our sense of right and wrong...
The ends justifying the means is the dominion of the left and we should do well to avoid it...

Hacking private communication is wrong no matter the target and/or the outcome...

-Chris

Not against corrupt government people, if the hacks expose illegal activity, then it is RIGHT to do, not wrong. This country was founded on right and wrong, but it is quickly dissolving into just WRONG.
A lot of things that we could be doing right now to preserve liberty have been made "wrong" , and illegal as well, but that doesn't make it right.
Because our government is now doing so much wrong, no one can even think for themselves anymore what exactly is wrong and right.
Only the corrupt and the corrupt media in America are now calling Russia an enemy, when what they really are, is the people's friends, because they are helping to expose severe corruption in America..

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ok, I'll try to respond to multiple posts at once:

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Haha are you implying that morality is being followed this election?

Not saying I'm happy about this sad state of affairs.

LOL Yeah sorry about that. Every election season has its horrible moments. But this one is a freakshow. I can't imagine that future ones can top this one in that regard.

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Since a lot of people want to know about Trump's tax records, is it now ok for hackers to steal and release them?

Yes and yes.

Admittedly, I'm conflicted about it. The revolutionary in me sees hactivism as a legit weapon against a much stronger opponent/system. But the growing politician in me feels that hactivism is wrong and should be unnecessary. As in, if we can clean up the system and its transparency issues, there would be no need for hactivism in the first place.

originally posted by: Quauhtli

Good question.

I'd say no, it's not right, but at the same time it's fair game. He is running for president.

In this world we live in, privacy is fleeting on almost every level for all of us. We all have to be prepared for our dirty laundry to be aired out in public, like it or not.

That seems to be my personal "moral" struggle on it, as well. Ironically, I treat every conversation I have as if I'm being watched. And I repeatedly tell people I work with to be moral and diligent as if everything we say and do was being reported to the world. But that's because my elders always told me that "what's done in the dark will eventually come to the light".

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Quauhtli

These weren't State communications, though. Since a lot of people want to know about Trump's tax records, is it now ok for hackers to steal and release them?

Is it not ?

The entire media seems to think its great including the entire left-leaning world !

I think I answered this in the earlier parts of this post.

edit on 6-10-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

"Hacking" has been going on for so long that it's Standard Operating Procedure between nations. When I was in Naval Intelligence, it was simply called electronic "spying".

Now, thanks to the internet, a 15 year-old can "hack" if he/she wants to. Particularly if the target system is owned by a government agency, where at least one linked computer is kept in an employee's basement at home.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
O' yes, I forgot able this one "And then there are issues of freedom and privacy. Do you have a right to privacy? Do you want your private communications to be plastered all over the internet? What about all your work emails?"

Privacy does not exist if it's being used as a shield to protect yourself and to hurt the innocent by preventing them from have critical knowledge.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Hey, all. Started a thread about this but didnt realize a thread already existed.

I've been trying to get to the actual data on the DCLEAKS.COM site tonight, but they are swamped with traffic. I did, however, just now get one of the section's list of emails to show up - massive long list! Pretty good sized dump! The problem though is that it looks like I would have to click the "Download" link on each individual email in order to get the whole dump.

Has anyone found a magnet link for this dump, or does anyone wanna build a nice little script/crawlerbot to get all of these downloaded?

The DCLeaks Site for Tonight's Leak
edit on 6-10-2016 by SoulOfCeres because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
" I repeatedly tell people I work with to be moral and diligent as if everything we say and do was being reported to the world."

No, not world just to the NSA for the last 15 years. Every text message, phone call and email. I even knew one of the engineers who helped construct the system.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Big computer/fast, large band width and repeat

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The public at large historically has had a problem with identifying evil.

Here, we have an opportunity to do just that, are we gonna bawlk?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox
Are we going to apply critical thinking or fly off the handle looking for keywords? In other words, are we going to act responsibly?

Remember "climategate?" A whole lot of noise over claims about out of context statements.

edit on 10/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: JacKatMtn

So you DON"T think it's okay, or you DO?

Or it's only ok when you want it to be because "they did it to us?"

Who did? Did the person who was hacked run the data gathering program?

And I'm not the person who would ever say "if you don't have anything to hide, then why worry?" because that is the highway to hell.

In an AMERICA that I grew up in. with a Government that defended the Constitution, I would say Yes.. this kind of action is deplorable...

we don't live in that country anymore... We live in a nation that has taken the attacks on 9/11/2001 to enact (at first) TEMP sacrifices to deal with a threat... to be limited... and have to be renewed on a 2 year basis... They called it the PATRIOT ACT...

When they GOVT got tired of this.. they created a the USA FREEDOM ACT..... and passed it...

Funny... how our elected, name bills, and pass them... that are 180 degrees from our countries founding principles..

If YOU are fine with that... then... you may just not understand what the Grand Experiment means to freedom seekers across the globe....

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I'm NOT fine with it. i though it was massive overreach when it happened.

And I still think what's happening now with the hacked documents also wrong.

The wrong of the Freedom Act/Patriot Act does not equate to illegal hacking being okay (especially by foreign governments with their own agenda to do harm).

- AB

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I guess that you forgot that little bit of important historic precedence. We, the American people lost those rights to privacy. Everything we do or say is open for scrutiny and interpretation.

Here, we have the tables turned, we have the closest semblance of transparency we will get from a government that expects our lives to be an open book.

I suppose the point of your argument is that it's better to stay in the dark for the benefit of national security? I think your stance is cowardly.

People are worried about the legality of the method which information is obtained on a government which scoffs at the very laws they expect us to abide by. Legality is an illusion. The upper hand is obtained by whatever means.

You want a monopoly on this tactic by those who would use it to subdue us? Interesting....

I suppose that theorizing is safer than knowing.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
These hackers are intelligence sources from within the US revolting against Clinton and her cronies for getting one of their homies killed when information was accidentally leaked to a foreign intelligence group through e-mails on an unsecured server.

Russians have nothing to do with it.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

I'm NOT fine with it. i though it was massive overreach when it happened.

And I still think what's happening now with the hacked documents also wrong.

The wrong of the Freedom Act/Patriot Act does not equate to illegal hacking being okay (especially by foreign governments with their own agenda to do harm).

- AB

Of course HACKED documents are wrong.... it should be criminal... but you can't on one hand demonize folks who cherish freedom and privacy, and allow the government to violate the same, in the name of PROTECTING THE SAME FOLKS...

If you can weigh that as OK, then I respect your opinion.. I have a different take, and it's ok.....

It's a free country?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

The ends justifying the means is the dominion of the left and we should do well to avoid it...

Hacking private communication is wrong no matter the target and/or the outcome...

-Chris

The corrupt government is doing it to the people. I have no problem with the people doing it to the corrupt government.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

-Chris

Not against corrupt government people, if the hacks expose illegal activity, then it is RIGHT to do, not wrong. This country was founded on right and wrong, but it is quickly dissolving into just WRONG.
A lot of things that we could be doing right now to preserve liberty have been made "wrong" , and illegal as well, but that doesn't make it right.
Because our government is now doing so much wrong, no one can even think for themselves anymore what exactly is wrong and right.
Only the corrupt and the corrupt media in America are now calling Russia an enemy, when what they really are, is the people's friends, because they are helping to expose severe corruption in America..

Hacking and releasing information is like a gun. There are right ways to use it and right reasons and there are wrong ones. Exposing corruption...illegal acts by a corrupt government is the right reason.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Excellent point.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join