It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ROCK in Gentle Peace BlupBlup

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Don't take your poems to another arena
for there maybe no pastures that are greener
although they may appear that way
don't take your words, you should fight and stay

Poets unite, gather your words and armour
From the Alien abductee to the humble farmer
Out into battle, drive your pen into the land
Cry out "We are poets, this is our line in the sand"

This one hit me and I don't quite know why.

I respected him tremendously and always paid heed when I saw his posts. Loved his wit and easy way.

Thank you Hazardous1408 for posting that.

I imagine he touched quite a few more than he was aware of and will be remembered by those who he never met.

Peace be to him and his family.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
When I first friended Blups, we had been discussing something -- God knows what -- on Mutter. We disagreed. We vehemently disagreed. We took it to U2U, and it went back and forth and in the end we ended up mutually laughing at each other and ourselves. That was Blups. He had rules for himself. Not everyone does. He did. He also understood the value of laughter.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I know why (I think!) .

When a person makes a stand, they fortify it. They surround it with rations and things that will further their cause.

I think Blups was digging in. I know that he knew how to do that.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Good Bye BlupBlup.

You left a lasting impression on more people than you'll ever know and because of that, you will live forever.

edit on 6-10-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I am saddened to hear this. May he rest in peace and meet the late and GREAT Bob Marley in the abyss beyond!

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Indeed you are correct.

So many things have been taken from us as a people and words are one of the few things left to us and so we should imbue them with all of the passion we have and drive our meaning home with their use.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
well that sucks. gonna miss ya blup. see ya at the bar when i punch my ticket.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Just out of nowhere?
We never agreed on anything and didn't get along at all.
Doesn't mean I didn't respect him and now, I wish we had.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Behind every avatar and screen name is a real living person who is loved by family and even though we never met I feel the loss of a friend. Rest in peace and I hope you're family is doing the best they can to deal with the tragedy of losing a loved one.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

I hear you. I really hear what you are saying. That is good stuff.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Rest In Peace, BlupBlup. You will be missed.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

so sorry to hear this sad news...condolences to friends family and online friends as well...he will be missed...another good one gone...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Oh my...I didn't "know him" well here, but I do know I read and enjoyed his posts from time to time. I've seen a lot of surprise passings in the past year - far more than enough to remind me how precious our time and our loved ones are.

To Blupblup's friends and family, I hope the experiences and memories can be cause for a celebration of his life and help ease the pain of loss, seeing and knowing how he lives on through the lives he's touched.

Rest in Peace Blupblup.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
May your new quests prove adventurous but know that on this Earthly realm you will be missed greatly.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

RIP Blup.

Another friend on ATS gone...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
One our best posters, in my opinion. Such a sudden loss!

Condolences to his family. He'll be missed here too!

edit on 7-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

He got me into Rick and Morty so he crosses my mind every time I see a show. Kinda the same for Venture Bros too and One Punch Man...we both went through an animation phase at the same time.

I have this thing whereby members who joined up in late 2007 and 2008 are like family to me. Not all are friends though they are all familiar. Some of the best ATSers appeared at that time, like an internet version of Field of Dreams. I've a soft spot for them even if they're anti-everything I believe in.

Blup was one of the guys I got along with. He signed up at the same time and we kept high-fiving each other's posts in different threads and forums. We both supported LFC and shared similar political views. : )

I like to think we'd have got on in real life as easily as on-line. Couple of disputes and the rest all gravy. That's a lot to say and it's a credit to him that he came across as *real* and not a game character. I'll miss him and especially miss seeing his name in the BTS threads. It was good to see him pop by now and then and suddenly appear in a thread.

We've got members who knew him in real life and my thoughts are with them.

We've lost another of the good ones and the third great Brit in 12 months. Gone and not forgotten.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I have been staring at this text field for about ten minutes.

There just are no adequate words.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21339407]argentus[

go forth in peace blup

I never knew ye , but ye had great taste in music !

aww the best

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Didn't know the member myself but a good person gone is always terrible news, I use the words I heard once regarding my passed mum, they are never gone as long as you remember them..

Condolences to the family and great journey blupblup....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join