It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Proposed New Law

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Nikola Tesla claimed to create a flying machine known as "the flying stove", which when explained with current day knowledge is said to "convert inertial energy to centrifugal acceleration which, according to the right-hand rule, generates linear acceleration."

It is 4 rotating eccentric weights (which can be considered as 4 gyros) which as an entire assembly also rotates about an axis (which its entire self becomes a gyro).

Pretty neat stuff...

fuel-efficient-vehicles.org...

"Through gyroscopic action of my engine" - Tesla
edit on 7-10-2016 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Nikola Tesla claimed to create a flying machine known as "the flying stove", which when explained with current day knowledge is said to "convert inertial energy to centrifugal acceleration which, according to the right-hand rule, generates linear acceleration."
He also claimed the ionosphere doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Really? I would like to read about that. Got a source?

I bet he was misquoted, because a good portion of his wireless energy transmission research and experiments involved sending signals between Earth and the ionosphere. He also speculated that the area we know as the ionosphere was super conductive, and he wasn't wrong about that.

He is actually quite famous for his experiments utilizing the ionosphere... so what you said doesn't make sense at all.

He is literally referred to as a "Master of the ionosphere"....

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

He is literally referred to as a "Master of the ionosphere"...
By whom?

Here you go. His own words:

The fact is that the radiations of the transmitter passing along the earth's surface are soon extinguished, the height of, the inactive zone indicated in the diagram, being some function of the wave length, the bulk of the waves traversing freely the atmosphere. Terrestrial phenomena which I have noted conclusively show that there is no Heaviside layer, or if it exists, it is of no effect. It certainly would be unfortunate if the human race were thus imprisoned and forever without power to reach out into the depths of space.

He also thought that radio was of no use:

The Hertz wave theory of wireless transmission may be kept up for a while, but I do not hesitate to say that in a short time it will be recognized as one of the most remarkable and inexplicable aberrations of the scientific mind which has ever been recorded in history.

www.tfcbooks.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

That's funny, he is saying the "Heaviside layer" doesn't exist. Not the entire ionosphere. If you are not aware, the Heaviside layer is only one layer of the several layers that make up the ionosphere, it is known as the E Layer. There is also the D layer, F layer, sporadic E layer....

He didn't say the ionosphere as a whole didn't exist. He is simply saying this specific layer doesn't exist, and then he says if it does exist it doesn't have the effect on radiowaves that others claim. In summary, he is just saying the E layer is not what people have defined it as. He is quite right about that as well, since the E layer hardly exists at night. It only really exists in the day. Even then, it only blocks a very small range of frequencies, and allows everything higher to pass with little absorption. He actually goes on to prove the E layer isn't what others describe with his experiments.

So for you to claim he said the ionosphere doesn't exist at all is a very misleading and an extremely oversimplified translation of Tesla's quote. You should be quite ashamed of yourself going around and making such a claim.

He also did not say radio was of no use... that is ridiculous. Especially since he was the first to utilize radio in ways nobody imagined, and created the first radio controlled boat. He created the first drone...

You might be mistaking him for Hertz who said radio waves were of no use.

What he said was, the Hertz wave THEORY will be useful for a while, but not long. It means he knows of a better theory that will replace it. He didn't say radio was no use.

Wow Phage, if I didn't know any better I would think you have some personal grudge or bitter envy for the guy if you so ridiculously misunderstand his writing style and thinking, and putting your own horrendous twist on the interpretation.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

He didn't say the ionosphere as a whole didn't exist. He is simply saying this specific layer doesn't exist, and then he says if it does exist it doesn't have the effect on radiowaves that others claim.
In 1919 there were no other layers as far as anyone was concerned. And it has exactly the effect he described. It reflects radio waves. Read up on it. The problem was, he didn't understand how electromagnetic radiation works. He was good with electricity, not so good with electromagnetic radiation. Read what he wrote. It makes no sense.

He actually goes on to prove the E layer isn't what others describe with his experiments.
After 1919? Where?

What he said was, the Hertz wave THEORY will be useful for a while, but not long. It means he knows of a better theory that will replace it. He didn't say radio was no used.
So tell me, what theory has replaced Hertz's theory of electromagnetic radiation?

edit on 10/7/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

He is literally referred to as a "Master of the ionosphere"...
By whom?

By many people and scientists actually... Enough for the BBC to make a documentary named "Masters of the Ionosphere".

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I guess they didn't know he didn't believe in it.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

In 1919 there were no other layers as far as anyone was concerned. And it has exactly the effect he described. It reflects radio waves. Read up on it.

Tesla's big idea was to transmit wireless energy using a conductive layer of the atmosphere that nobody at the time knew existed. In 1919, Tesla knew of the other layers that nobody else knew, and used them to his advantage.

He was debunking the only layer that scientists knew about in that day, because he was much more advanced than them experimentally.

Just FYI, the Heaviside layer (E Layer) can only reflect radio waves from 10 MHz and below. All other frequencies pass right through. It also only reflects mostly during the day, and almost not at all at night. To straight claim it "reflects radio waves" erroneously asserts that it "reflects all radio waves". It does not, and Nikola Tesla knew that, and it is a fact. In 1919 the Heaviside layer was thought to reflect all radio waves, just as you think so, and Tesla proved that wrong, and proved you wrong. Hence why he said it may not even exist.

He actually goes on to prove the E layer isn't what others describe with his experiments.
Where?

...are you really not aware that Tesla was able to pick up cosmic radio waves with his largest radios? He was one of the first to detect radio signals originating from outside Earth. In 1919, when scientists thought the Heaviside layer reflected all radio waves, Tesla said that was not correct mostly because he had actually detected cosmic radio waves. That would not be possible if there was a layer reflecting all radio waves... He also said it would be crazy to think we couldn't send radio waves to other planets.

So tell me, what theory has replaced Hertz?

Just to educate you a bit... Maxwell mathematically theorized about the existence of Transverse Waves (TW) and Scalar Waves (SW).

Hertz was the first to discover experimental proof for electric TW. Hertz then went on to revising Maxwell's equations regarding TW. In the process Hertz completly discarded Maxwell's SW equations because they didn't agree with his experiments, and since Maxwell was dead he couldn't oppose to it.

That is when Tesla discovered experimental proof of electric scalar waves (SW). Completely humiliating Hertz in the process, and they ended up in disagreement.

On top of that Telsa discovered special characteristics of scalar waves. Mainly that they created extra energy that he called "radiant energy". Which, if Tesla wasn't misinterpreted all the time, probably would have been more understood than it is now. Unfortunately, even after many scientists have proven the existence of scalar waves experimentally, they were still discarded from Maxwell's equations. Also because they were dependent on an "ether" which was supposedly "disproved" around that time. Later of course other scientists found contradictory evidence of the existence of the "ether"... and now here we are.

So in the end, Tesla was quite right, yet again. There is still more left to be discovered regarding scalar waves and their characteristics. Tesla wrongly assumed scientists would be intelligent enough to discover these sooner. But if that did happen, it would eventually revise or phase out Hertz discoveries and provide a much more clear understanding of radiowaves.. but we are still waiting on that.

You might want to read up on that.

By the way, it is against terms of service to post knowingly false information. Saying Tesla didn't believe in the ionosphere is knowingly false. Say it again...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ConnectDots

Where you aware this quack was fired from his position for defrauding the Russian government in a scam over his torsion fields. RussI and invested a huge amount of money only to discover he was a fraud. See torsion fields do exist well lets say a version of them under Einstein-Cartan theory. But this nut case has an entirely diffrent version. Basically I think they thought the name was cool and decided to use it with no understanding of what Einstines equations showed.

The woo master basically says is that massive objects rotating at high speed, create torsion fields that propagate through space ( his version of gravity wavea if you will) and he claims it interacts with any matter they pass through, changing that matter's inertia. So you put his magic gyroscope into a moving object and it can change the speed it travels. Unfortunately he has never been able to come up with a coherent theory as to how this happens. And for that matter never been abe to produce anything other than a gyroscope that gets kicked by a force causing it to jerk forward like like a car that blew a head gasket.

What he has discovered is that gyroscopes will always attempt to return to their original position to maintain spin. And if you interior this spin your going to get momentum much like applying breaks to a car. In other words get something moving fast enough then stop it that enervy has to go somewhere . Problem is in space or won't work because you need a table or something g to provide friction in space all that would happen is your ship would spin. By the way he claims this same force explains ESP and even ghosts and can be used for holistic healing. If your going to make a stupid tHenry at least sell it as a cure and make money.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

That is odd, you modified your reply, and I can't quote your modifications. It shows your old reply. So I will copy and paste.

The problem was, he didn't understand how electromagnetic radiation works. He was good with electricity, not so good with electromagnetic radiation. Read what he wrote. It makes no sense.

No, the problem is YOU don't understand him, and YOU don't understand his theories and his personal knowledge based on his own experiments and discoveries. So YOU erroneously think he doesn't know what he is talking about, and it doesn't make sense to YOU.

Tesla was anti-mainstream science, and made his own theories and experimental discoveries. Unlike you, he wasn't bound to someone else's understanding of electromagnetic radiation. Since you are limited by what you've read in a book, you read Tesla's writings with a bias, and you don't understand what he is talking about.

What makes it worse is the only way to explain something to people with a strong bias like yourself is to use terms that you would understand, but attribute those terms to things you don't fully understand, but are related.

In the end, it makes you look ridiculous when you say such things. Tesla knew more about radiation than most people of his time, but nobody understood him when he tried to tell them about it.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

It is so refreshing to read the posts of someone knowledgeable about the work of Tesla.

I'm reading Lost Science by Gerry Vassilatos at present, and there is a chapter on Tesla detailing how he went about his work, the adventure into discovery that it was, and how he was misunderstood.

All the science we need to make this a better world has already been discovered; it just needs to be brought back.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConnectDots
I'm reading Lost Science by Gerry Vassilatos at present, and there is a chapter on Tesla detailing how he went about his work, the adventure into discovery that it was, and how he was misunderstood.

The other scientists written about in the book are:

1. Baron Karl Von Reichenbach
2. Antonio Meucci
3. Nathan Stubblefield
4. R. Raymond Rife
5. Henry Moray
6. Thomas Townsend Brown
7. Dr. Vladimir Gavreau
8. Philo Farnsworth

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I don't believe you understand tesla at all. He was the PT barnum of science. He made outlandish claims regularly. For example when Marconi was doing his second test on radios he claimed he all ready did that and spoke to Martians. Many of the things the internet claims he invented he didn't. He didn't ever have a working radio did no tests on the ionosphere like you claim. And yes even denied it's existence entirely saying crazy things like radio transmissions worked by electricity. He had no understanding of em waves. He believed that electricity was being transfered by Marconi but just at the wrong frequency and that's why he didn't see huge power readings. He also didn't invent the microwave or the florescent light or hundreds of other things people claim. In fact really his only claim to fame Is the patent for AC motors. But here's a shock for you he wasn't the inventor. A man by the name ofGalileo Ferraris had come up with the same design months before in Italy, and Ferraris had talked about the motor as early as 1885. It's believed that Tesla got access to this professors schematics through the academy of science in Turin. But Tesla had one thing this professor didn't a team of high priced lawyers to get his patent through.

Tesla was not a scientist he was very smart however he was an engineer at hart. If you gave him a design he could improve it and make it better than it was. But as far as original ideas he didn't understand the science involved. So Phage is right your hero was not what you believe him to be. By the way I didn't go into his real outlandish claims but let's just say he was comic relief for most scientists in his day. And don't say science was against him and he was not given funding. This guy blew through what today would be millions of dollars of investors money to produce nothing. And he had scientists all over the world trying to reproduce his experiments until they learned much like the investors he was all talk. If anything his outlandish claims slowed science as they spent time investigating his fanciful claims.

edit on 10/7/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConnectDots
I invite the scientists on the forum to consider Shipov's work.

Truth be told, I especially invite those members who love and have expertise in science and technology as an avocation rather than a vocation.

The reason for this is that it is understandably very difficult for people whose livelihood depends on their employment either in science or technology to be objective about anything that threatens that livelihood.

Personally I'm totally free of such pressure. It's very easy for me to open my mind to things that boggle the mind at first. But I am empathetic for those who are not free.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

The problem was, he didn't understand how electromagnetic radiation works. He was good with electricity, not so good with electromagnetic radiation. Read what he wrote. It makes no sense.

The problem is that, even today, some of Tesla's theories are not fully understood by most people. I have in my possession a book compiled from his actual notes in Colorado Springs. Each chapter is a transcribed copy of a section of those notes with a photocopy of the notes themselves. Many of his equations were grad-level descriptions of electromagnetic wave phenomena. A few I still struggle to understand.

For quite a long time I considered Einstein as a mathematical geniuses and Tesla as a driven, prolific experimenter. After looking through that book, I realized he was much more: a genius in his own right, with a mathematical and physical foundation that rivaled Einstein.

Tesla understood electro-magnetic waves better than most engineers and scientists today.

No, the book is not online so far as I know.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I am in a unique situation in that respect. I am an Electrical Engineer, pursuing a Masters in Control Theory/Communications, but I also spent 30 years self-teaching myself in the field and running private experiments in my own shop, before getting the degree. I have many projects underway, all self-funded to this point, and some very close to release. I have no such professional concerns.

My only professional compulsion is to seek the truth and help others with my work.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
No, the book is not online so far as I know.

There is a free 431 page PDF: "Nikola Tesla Colorado Spring Notes 1899-1900."

It is housed on a dot org website Shamanic Engineering.
edit on 10/7/2016 by ConnectDots because: Add

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

That may be the same book I have. The layout is very similar, but I did not recognize the equations he used. It may be a different volume. I have to admit that even after having it for a couple of years, I still have not completely digested the information it contains.

I should have time this weekend at my shop to take a look and compare the two.

Either way, thank you for locating that! I invite all those who doubt Tesla's abilities to peruse it.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
That may be the same book I have.

How did you find the book?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join