It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD Genetically puts a limit on human life numbered at 120 Years

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio
God is funny. First... he told me I wont live forever.
Then he told me... when you go... no one will follow you.
Now... god is pissed because I retired from heroism and patriotism.

Your God lies to you and is disengenuous. You are better without that belief system.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Death is one way to proceed to your next level of existence. Without it, most people will not be able to graduate from Earth. Life is similar to going to school. You pass a grade and then go to the next one. You climb up through the ranks until graduation. Living to 120 years old is meaningless if you don't even have a flicker of faith in God. Your life mission is to gain truth, knowledge, and wisdom in the Kingdom of God. If you don't do it here (on Earth), then you have to do it somewhere else.

I'm just saying that you should focus on doing God's Will and not how long you are going to live. Eternal life will be given to you as a gift. You don't have to do anything to get this gift but have faith in God that you will receive it. That faith alone shows that you are willing to journey through God's path back to Him.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I have always been fascinated with this bit.

I am guessing that if we lived any longer we would start to have people develop awesome skills in everything....and would rival any god.

Shait, give us 300 years and we will become masters of all. Give us 600 after that and we can start our own civilization.....

God is a dick.

edit on 10 11 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Once I finish uploading my consciousness into skynet, we will see who will be laughing last.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

There was a time when the earth was 25% smaller. A canopy of Ice or water circled the entire planet. It had a lens effect that made stars seem larger and nights were a red light. Bright enough to increase plant growth and see at night. There was also much more bio- luminence in nature. The level of orgone was high... The atmosphere being around 2.18, oxygen around 30%. There was no genetic damage from the sun. The smaller size earth gave off a stronger and different EMF. This EMF being at a different hertz than today. When changed back to under these conditions. A cell that divides nine times the first cell will not die. When recreated fish grow twice as fast in half the time to massive sizes. A house fly lives three times longer. A rattlesnake's venum becomes non toxic and etc and etc. In otherwords when placed before birth into recreated conditions you live maybe 2-300 years. However DNA damage that you do have from the sun as is, before birth and your parents exposure is the problem. The lack of minerals in the soil and being obsorbed into plants is the another story. *Sonic bloom* mimics the mist that came out of the earth then. Adam lived almost a thousand years. Creation Reseach Society Glen Rose Tx builds these bio spheres.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Eh thats not really how genetics works. Genetics gives you more of an indication where a predisposition lies. You have a chance of a certain cancer with a certain BRCA 1 or 2 mutation. NOT a "you are screwed, prepare your will".

So it is not proven that we have "reached our lifespan limit" quite yet. Though it is possible. Thus there will always be "lucky" individuals who will break that limit.

As for the bible quote? Does the bible not have certain individuals who are older than this? Or is that your "gods will"?

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Like Dr. Frankensteen, I’m re-animating this thread. It’s been some time away from ATS till recently. Thanks to those for and against to what I initially asserted in starting this thread. All are respected opinions.

Now, most common comment was, to paraphrase, Didn’t Noah and family live long past the 120yr drop dead year mandate? Yes, absolutely 100% correct! Buuuuut if you read Genesis 5:32 you will then see that Noah and family were all ready alive before God put his limit into motion. So essentially, Noah and family were already in the pipeline to live out looooong years. It wasn’t like God was going to off the already living Noah family. Noah and family and anybody else of his generation were the last generation of the long lifers. IMO
edit on 28-8-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Deuteronomy 34:7 ... “And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.”

So, it appears Moses was still able to continue living if not for the 120 year lifespan limit God set.

Imagine that! God gave Moses the power to lead the Israelites out of Egypt and into the land of milk and honey..... Yet for as Great as that deed of obedience was done for God, God kept his word to humanity, post Noah and did not let Moses live longer, at least in Moses physical world of his time.

—————————————————————————————————-

As part of a tv program called The Truth Is in the Stars, William Shatner poses his final interview question to Stephen Hawking on the subject of Immortality......The following exchange ensues...

William: .....extend my life, we’ve always dreamed of immortality. We are afraid of dying and loosing all of this.Do you think science at some point in the future, will help us achieve immortality?

Stephen: ....Nothing is immortal, the human repair mechanisms wear out like everything else. To extend life further, would require a major redesigning of the human genome, which is unlikely to happen by the time of Star Trek.

William: ....Thanks so much for taking the time.

The look on William’s face was of shear disappointment and the tone of Williams voice was somber....as he was thanking Stephen.

Immortality for human’s and break the 120 year limit? The attempt will be yet another means to piss off, even more, the God of Abraham.
edit on 2-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
so much for genesis being perfectly correct...

Jeanne Louise Calment (French: [ʒan lwiz kalmɑ̃]; 21 February 1875 – 4 August 1997) was a French supercentenarian from Arles, and the oldest human whose age was well-documented, with a lifespan of 122 years and 164 days.[1] Her longevity attracted media attention and medical studies of her health and lifestyle.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I’d put my money on the Smithsonian writers then the writers of the “editable by anyone” wiki .. as a source. In fact most colleges will not accept classwork papers with wiki as a bonafide or trusted reference source.

Here’s the take from the Smithsonian.....

www.smithsonianmag.com...
edit on 2-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Some who were born after the Flood also lived much more than 120 years. Arpachshad died at 438 and Shelah at 433. (Gen. 11:10-15) Yet, by Moses’ time, the normal life span was down to 70 or 80 years. (Ps. 90:10a: “The span of our life is 70 years, or 80 if one is especially strong.*” [Or “because of special mightiness.”]) So Genesis 6:3 was not fixing for humans a maximum or normal life span of 120 years.

Instead, Genesis 6:3 expresses God’s resolve to end the corrupt system of things on earth. Jehovah issued a judicial decree to do so in 120 years. The issuance of this divine decree in 2490 B.C.E. marked the beginning of the end for that ungodly world. Only 120 years more and Jehovah would bring “the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh in which the force of life is active from under the heavens.”​—Genesis 6:17.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Some who were born after the Flood also lived much more than 120 years. Arpachshad died at 438 and Shelah at 433. (Gen. 11:10-15)

I agree with what’s written, however I am of the opinion that the descendants of Noah had the longevity in the their dna from his genes which would have been passed on through the bloodline until mixing would have diluted the gene pool enough to harness the lifespan over time to be up to, but not exceed 120 years of age.

[6:3] Then the LORD said, "My spirit shall not abide in mortals forever, for they are flesh; their days shall be one hundred twenty years."

So.... “My spirit shall not abide in mortals forever, for they are flesh“ Mortals where flesh before the flood, as they continue to be flesh after the flood. Surly God’s spirit is now in our mortal selves made flesh, and he has not left our bodies, until we die. In his context, at least to me, of using the word “forever” is the same as saying it to mean immortally. Not wanting his spirit to dwell in our flesh for an eternity .. even he doesn’t want that... hence the up to 120 year limit. IMO

“the deluge of waters upon the earth to bring to ruin all flesh

All bad flesh..... but the continuation of good flesh, Noah and family, go on. So now, there is no mortal flesh to be, in the word used by God, forever.
edit on 3-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

The graph above proves the flood was primarily meant to reduce the human lifespan. The sharp decline in longevity is clearly seen after the flood event. It’s no coincidence that Moses was inspired to record the birth and death dates of the long lived families. Around his time only a few death dates were important and they were around the 120 year mark. Sometime after that death ages were no longer important in the bible. Since human lifespan details were included early on in the bible then God had it recorded for a reason.

You might enjoy the following link to a wiki article (with chart) on the longevity differences between the Masoretic/Vulgate, Samaritan Pentateuch and the Septuagint (Lucian).

en.wikipedia.org...

If you use the ages when they had their first sons from the Samaritan Pentateuch and the Septuagint for Arphaxad through Nahor the building date of the pyramids of Egypt happen after the flood. If you use the ages when they had their first sons from the Masoretic/Vulgate texts for Arphaxad through Nahor the building of the pyramids of Egypt happen before the flood. You might also like the following YouTube video presentation about that conspiracy.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Can two opposing opinions be correct?

The chart above and associated materials provides for the argument that after the flood, the downgrade in lifespan is due to God not wanting his spirit to be in the flesh of humanity forever as I now see it. The limit 120 years appear to be supported by the ages lessening as the generations moved forward.

However, as I read the telling of Noah in the Book of Jasher which is expanded beyond the biblical telling .... I can also agree that God mentions the 120 year period to mankind in the context to stop the evil or be flooded. The 120 year period ends and mankind in Noah’s time remains evil and the flood takes place at which after that point, 120 is no longer relevant.

So to parse this verse from a standard bible..... [6:3] Then the LORD said, "My spirit shall not abide in mortals forever, for they are flesh; their days shall be one hundred twenty years."

The chart supports this half ..... Then the LORD said, "My spirit shall not abide in mortals forever, for they are flesh”

The period of time given to the evil doers to change or else... is supported by this half ..... “their days shall be one hundred twenty years."

Below is taken from the Book of Jasher which is mentioned in the Bible:

Reference link: www.sacred-texts.com...

Chapter IV:19-21

19 And the Lord said, I will blot out man that I created from the face of the earth, yea from man to the birds of the air, together with cattle and beasts that are in the field for I repent that I made them.

20 And all men who walked in the ways of the Lord, died in those days, before the Lord brought the evil upon man which he had declared, for this was from the Lord, that they should not see the evil which the Lord spoke of concerning the sons of men.

21 And Noah found grace in the sight of the Lord, and the Lord chose him and his children to raise up seed from them upon the face of the whole earth.

Chapter V:7-11

7 Speak ye, and proclaim to the sons of men, saying, Thus saith the Lord, return from your evil ways and forsake your works, and the Lord will repent of the evil that he declared to do to you, so that it shall not come to pass.

8 For thus saith the Lord, Behold I give you a period of one hundred and twenty years; if you will turn to me and forsake your evil ways, then will I also turn away from the evil which I told you, and it shall not exist, saith the Lord.

9 And Noah and Methuselah spoke all the words of the Lord to the sons of men, day after day, constantly speaking to them.

10 But the sons of men would not hearken to them, nor incline their ears to their words, and they were stiffnecked.

11 And the Lord granted them a period of one hundred and twenty years, saying, If they will return, then will God repent of the evil, so as not to destroy the earth.

Chapter V:21-25

21 And all the sons of men who knew the Lord, died in that year before the Lord brought evil upon them; for the Lord willed them to die, so as not to behold the evil that God would bring upon their brothers and relatives, as he had so declared to do.

22 In that time, the Lord said to Noah and Methuselah, Stand forth and proclaim to the sons of men all the words that I spoke to you in those days, peradventure they may turn from their evil ways, and I will then repent of the evil and will not bring it.

23 And Noah and Methuselah stood forth, and said in the ears of the sons of men, all that God had spoken concerning them.

24 But the sons of men would not hearken, neither would they incline their ears to all their declarations.

25 And it was after this that the Lord said to Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me, on account of their evil deeds, and behold I will destroy the earth.

Draw your own conclusions...

edit on 4-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

A part of me ponders the effect of diet on longevity. I get the impression the change may have recorded after Genesis 9:3

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

I believe the Scriptures remind us about cause and effect here too. Perhaps this lifestyle change added to this.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
God favors carnivorIsm over herbivorism If you precede 9:3 with 4:3-5...

4:3] In the course of time Cain brought to the LORD an offering of the fruit of the ground,
[4:4] and Abel for his part brought of the firstlings of his flock, their fat portions. And the LORD had regard for Abel and his offering,
[4:5] but for Cain and his offering he had no regard. So Cain was very angry, and his countenance fell.

And so meat is the choice God would rather have, first born’s being his favorites....whether to give it life or smite.

In reference to 9:3-4

Speaking to 9:3 ...God loves (meat) living creatures both human and animal while they are living, they are his creations to love, otherwise why create them? .....but not with life’s blood still in the veins once dead. Consuming animal flesh with blood still in its veins appears to be an abomination to him. So then God, in terms of animals, prefers that animal meat is drained of it’s life’s blood during sacrificing and or before consuming.

I find no instances in the Bible were God addresses cannibalism beyond his 10 commandments but 9:4 could be interpreted to mean in terms of cannibalism, which is quite possible .......

I have always found it interesting that Jesus addresses cannibalism figuratively i.e. “this is my body, this is my blood”. (Sure as we know there are deeper meanings behind what he said)

edit on 4-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Sin initially capped the human lifespan to just below 1000 years. That was inherited and passed on to each new generation.
Then with the scripture you referenced God reduced that cap to 120 years. And it's interesting even with huge medical advancements we can't really live beyond that today even in 2020.

Why do cells in the human body that have a total replacement on average every 7 year get and less efficient and genetically less inferior replication from 25 years and up? Science hasn't answered that question yet, the replication in theory should be just as good as the last one, but they are aren't.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I suspect the body's ability to produce stem cells plays a role in this.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think genetic engineering is the same as intelligent design, as the same as creation, as the same as engineering...all synonymously. When it comes to Galaxies, Sun Stars, Planets and Life creations, the creator God, the engineer, is second to none...at least in my lifetime.

What a lifespan is or what it could mean can be theorized from the laymen to the professional ad infinitum.

......So, perhaps to add to the stem cell theory, one might take a look into human organs that no longer have function, dead plumbing like the appendix, etc. and how our bodies have been evolved to weed out possible functions no longer necessary from the past...and continue to evolve to complement the future of human evolution.

Here’s a factoid to ponder. “ While all vertebrate mammals experience spontaneous yawning, only humans and our closest relatives, chimpanzees, seem to experience the contagion effect—a sign that there may be a deeper social meaning to the experience.”

During Noah’s time before the Flood, one could theorize that the atmosphere was different in some way and mammals of the time did not yawn. What could have been different is anybody’s guess. Perhaps organs and internal plumbing were also, so different in all mammals that it enabled lifespans into the hundreds of years. Something to think about.

SIDEBAR: He is a bit of intelligent design by God imo..Bacteria Flagellum vid:

m.youtube.com...

edit on 5-9-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Something else that could be a variable is the earths atmosphere pre-flood compared to what it was after.
It appears there was a type of H20 atmosphere beyond what we know today beyond the cloud systems.
It could also have been a type of filter for cosmic rays, with it gone, these rays now getting through began to shorten humanities life span beyond the genetic flaw we were born with.

Genesis 1: 6 & 7

6 Then God said: “Let there be an expanse between the waters, and let there be a division between the waters and the waters.” 7 Then God went on to make the expanse and divided the waters beneath the expanse from the waters above the expanse.c And it was so.

Genesis 7:11

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month--on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.

Some may wonder where all that water went, because from the atmosphere down H20 stays as it is, only changing forms via solid, liquid or vapor. All indications are that is still with us at ground level or under the crust of the earth over 400km down there huge massive subterranean oceans that transition between the upper and lower mantels.
And on the surface the oceans are very deep and cover most of our planet.

Another point imagine water traveling at high velocity 400km and bursting forth like some type massive geyser, or
water volcano, not one but thousands all around the world all at once on top of the a rainfall heavier than this earth has ever experienced or will experience, imagine the worst flash flood from rain X 100.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join