It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

UKIP's Steven Woolfe in hospital 'after altercation' at a meeting of party MEPs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
It never rains but it pours for Ukip at the moment , the day after their leader of just 18 days resigned news is breaking that leadership hopeful Steven Woolfe has been taken to hospital following an incident at a party meeting , stand in leader Nigel Farage has said in a statement that his "condition is serious".

In his statement, Mr Farage said: " I deeply regret that following an altercation that took place at a meeting of UKIP MEPs this morning that Steven Woolfe subsequently collapsed and was taken to hospital. His condition is serious." Mr Woolfe, who celebrates his 49th birthday today, is said to have been taken ill after walking out of a vote at the parliament in Strasbourg.
www.bbc.co.uk...

More to follow.

edit on 6-10-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
he was going to defect to tories, got chinned, hope it dies, scum.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
What you write is despicable! You should be banned from ATS!
Hope MW recovers OK!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

You type that then call him scum ?
Party affiliation is no reason to wish a person dead , grow up.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

That's Labour Party thinking. Physical violence against their own people is more their style.
edit on 6-10-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

hope it dies, scum.

You have been on ATS since 2012 and that's the quality of your writing? Really?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Im deplorable, queen Hillary says so! And blacks are "Super Predators" so I'm in good company...a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

That's Labour Party thinking. Physical violence against their own people is more their style.

Seems to me they are upset that he was defecting from UKIP to the Tories, so why bring Labour into it?

On topic, can't say I agree with any UKIP policies, except for coming out of the E.U, but I wouldn't wish anyone any harm for their political beliefs. Hope he recovers soon.
edit on 6/10/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Why do you guys think stinkelbaum is talking/typing literally?

Couldn't be a metaphor?

Besides, stinkelbaum sounds like a high percentage of the anti-trump crowd on ATS

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Any source for this defection talk?

I find it hard to believe since he'll be a shoe in for UKIP leader this time.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Any source for this defection talk?

I find it hard to believe since he'll be a shoe in for UKIP leader this time.

I couldn't find anything to suggest he was going to defect, as he stated he would be standing for UKIP Leader.

However, he did say this.

In his statement announcing his candidacy, Mr Woolfe, a barrister, said he had been "enthused" by Theresa May's start to her premiership. "Her support of new grammar schools, her words on social mobility and the growing evidence that she is committed to a clean Brexit prompted me... to wonder whether our future was within her new Conservative Party," he said.

news.sky.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Good spot.

Hmm. Not sure I like the tone of that.
Not really what the leader of one party should be saying about another.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Good spot.

Hmm. Not sure I like the tone of that.
Not really what the leader of one party should be saying about another.

UKIP are far right Tories, so it doesn't come as much of a surprise to me. But don't forget Labour have lost a lot of misinformed supporters to UKIP and they could potentially lose them if they start agreeing totally with the Tories. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Further to Cobaltics info above, this is from a BBC live feed...

UKIP sources have told the BBC there was a UKIP meeting of MEPs at 10am today.

There was a "rumbustious argument" over whether Steven Woolfe had been talking to the Tory party.

A verbal conflict arose and he went outside with another MEP.

The other MEP took off his jacket and went outside the room and punches were exchanged.

It is believed that he banged his head against a structure, a window or a wall but he got up.

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 6-10-2016 by uncommitted because: above, not below

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Steven Woolfe has released a statement from his hospital bed.

"The CT scan has shown that there is no blood clot in the brain. At the moment I am feeling brighter, happier, and smiling as ever. "As a precaution, I am being kept in overnight awaiting secondary tests to make sure everything (is) fine.

"I would like everyone to know that the parliamentary staff, the UKIP MEPs with me and hospital staff have been brilliant. Their care has been exceptional. "I am sitting up and said to be looking well.
The only consequence at the moment is a bit of numbness on the left hand side of my face. "
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 6-10-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I have read that after Hookem called him "scum", Mr Woolfe said words to the effect of "lets settle this like men" and then took off his jacket.......

Obviously, this is not a good thing at all and was clearly unintentional (the injury rather than the punch) but it really does appear as if Mr Woolfe brught this on himself - if initial reports prove to be correct.

Again, this doesn't make it right or anything but Mr Woolfe is clearly at least partly (mostly) to blame here, IF true.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
a reply to: SprocketUK

Further to Cobaltics info above, this is from a BBC live feed...

UKIP sources have told the BBC there was a UKIP meeting of MEPs at 10am today.

There was a "rumbustious argument" over whether Steven Woolfe had been talking to the Tory party.

A verbal conflict arose and he went outside with another MEP.

The other MEP took off his jacket and went outside the room and punches were exchanged.

It is believed that he banged his head against a structure, a window or a wall but he got up.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Cool. Thanks for that.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You see this is exactly why i hate ATS these days

If you make posts like this, you should be banned, without notice, no second chances no "off topic post removed" just banned.

This is not black and white, you have made a disgusting comment openly calling for the death of another human being because you disagree with his politics. For that reason you should, in my view be, banned because you quite obviously lack the intelligence required to articulate why you disagree with his politics with out resorting to such drivel.

Not to the topic at hand.....

Pretty sad that these guys can't behave themselves during a party meeting, things should never get this out of hand. If he really is that bad that he deserved a punch or whatever then just remove him from the party.
edit on 6-10-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
You see this is exactly why i hate ATS these days

If you make posts like this, you should be banned

you have taken it all out of context , he was clearly talking about hoping that the Tory Party dies, not pulling Building 7...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Oct 6th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join