It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Hurricane Center- Matthew Strengthening

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

What a clown to beat that kind of fear drum...

Wouldn't be the first cat 4 to hit Florida and wont be the last, will it kill certainly... typically the stupid..If you have a well built home, and are not in a flood plain most likely not, and have the supplies to ride out the aftermath... odds are high you will be fine.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Got me a few hours sleep. Getting rather windy and rainy, looks like a storm now. Power periodically flickers, but still on so far. Hope it doesn't get much worse.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
UPDATE: cenflo some wind gust up to 30mph and rain bands hitting
pretty good. Nothing worse than a typical summer florida thunderstorm so far.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I'm posting this again. Only one feed is active right now and it's at Daytona Beach.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
UPDATE: cenflo some wind gust up to 30mph and rain bands hitting
pretty good. Nothing worse than a typical summer florida thunderstorm so far.

I'm starting to get the feeling that this Hurricane may weaken to a CAT-2 before the central eye-wall contacts any land mass..and that may not be until maybe Savannah.

Who will take the heat if this happens? Everyone bought in to the "storm of the century" warnings.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Current location of Matthew:

NOAA

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why would anyone need to take the heat? Isn't it best to be prepared regardless. Weather watching is an unpredictable science, unfortunately.

American news media runs on fear mongerring almost every single day, regardless of the issues, so it's not really anything new.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hoo doggie! It's a-blowin' now!

Lost power about 7 am. Still out of course. Some branches down, no major damage, just a mess so far.

Strap in! It's a guster, it is!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Because history has shown us... cry wolf to many times in a row when the wolf does show up many more will be hurt or killed than should have been.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Doesn't look much worse than the storm last week on Lake Michigan.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

just upped to a category 3 700,000 customers without power in florida
edit on 7-10-2016 by research100 because: added info

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: subject x
Hoo doggie! It's a-blowin' now!

Lost power about 7 am. Still out of course. Some branches down, no major damage, just a mess so far.

Strap in! It's a guster, it is!

Still power here but pretty much the same otherwise. Watched a tree split in half and neighbors horses run like crazy back to the stall!! So far my only casualty is the hammock I forgot to put away and the trampoline isnt looking to promising.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
So I've been looking up wind speeds at airports closest to the Eye, the winds seem to be from 30 mph to a little over 50 mph, I find this nothing close to Cat 4 winds being reported. Anyone else find this odd?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Lulz, hubby said -- and I quote -- "F'ing figures. For years, it's boring season after season. We leave, and NOW the fun starts!" XD

One one hand yeah, it's a biggie storm to not be just shrugged off, but on the other hand, FFS, you out-of-regioners need to calm the F down already. You're getting a lot of IRL laughs out of us Gulf & S Atlantic natives for hyperventilating.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
So I've been looking up wind speeds at airports closest to the Eye, the winds seem to be from 30 mph to a little over 50 mph, I find this nothing close to Cat 4 winds being reported. Anyone else find this odd?

Not if those are in the eye itself, it's calm. Always is. You can go outside when the eye is overhead (but it's not advisable, the storm can pick back up quickly when it passes) Look for the wind speeds in the surrounding wind radius in the clouds themselves, not exactly IN the middle of the eye.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Yeah I know that, the eye is over the ocean the airports closest to the eye right now it Daytona beach, Flaggler, St. Augustine, etc. all reporting 35-55mph. Not the Cat 3-4 winds being reported. Look it up.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

called it yesterday, they just want ratings

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is the storm of the century?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Let me just take the opportunity to post this thread. Debunk it as you will. IMO it worked last month in Hawaii (on their fb page there were calls for people to use their harmonizers against the hurricanes approaching Hawaii. One went north, and one went South, avoiding Hawaii like a plague. Last week I requested them to activate the devices for Aruba, and Matthew passed 100 miles north of Aruba. We didn't have any higher winds than we usually have, but we got some rain. Days before some of the models were predicting it to pass closer to us, one even predicting it to pass south of us. As far as I know, there are a lot of harmonizers in Florida since 2006. The last major hurricane to make landfall in Florida was Wilma in 2005. It's a record in recorded history.

Slim Spurling and the Hurricane season.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

I totally "get" this kind of thing and am very much aware of it.
Hurricane Whisperers.

Humanity has all sorts of "abilities," some of humanity more aware of them than others.

This could have been an incredibly lethal storm. It's not over but it's not as bad as it could have been so far.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join