It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Mom Throws A Fit When Her Daughter Learns About Islam In School

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What are you babbling about? No one is making the kids recite prayers in class.

Its amazing how people don't bother reading - maybe growing up they spent too much time in a christian church?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: surnamename57

The only difference is that real muslims, who make up a large part of Muslim world population, are extremely religious and their present-day fanaticism in some ways serves as a starting material for jihad.

In all fairness, that's the bigger picture of the thin end of the wedge many refuse to see

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   

So from your link - are you saying that another Khomeini can or can't arise in your own backyard? Or are you suggesting women were free to wear mini skirts under the Shah?

hehehehe

all-that-is-interesting.com...

Great Britain, which depended on cheap and easy access to these oil reserves and was fearful of what the Soviet Union might do if they got their hands on them, would not have any of it, and made it so that the Iranian economy would plummet and Mossadegh would inevitably be overthrown. That did happen, but not for nearly as long as Great Britain would have liked. Mossadegh did resign, but reassumed the position of Prime Minister after days of protest. At the time, the United States had supported Mossadegh's election, as then the phrase of the day (at least on paper) was a nation's "right to self-determination". And yet, the United States' relationship with its Western ally--or more generally, fear of the ubiquitous communist threat--proved to be stronger. In 1953, the CIA led a coup against Mossadegh--Operation AJAX--and eventually overthrew the leader, as well as the promise of Iranian democracy. The Shah re-assumed its control, the West had its predictable oil supply and cozy relations with Iran, and as these images suggest, life for most seemed to be pretty comfortable--however superficially. What these photos don't show, though, is the resentment that many Iranians felt toward the United States and its hypocrisy when it comes to self-determination and democracy. This anti-Western resentment would incubate in fundamentalist fringes over the next several years and culminate in the 1979 Iranian Revolution, which would overthrow the Shah monarchy. Except this time, their proposed replacement was not a man of democratic reform like Mossadegh. It was Ruhollah Mostafavi Moosavi Khomeini, whose hatred of the West would dictate his every political move, even at the expense of the Iranian people.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

The only difference is that real muslims, who make up a large part of Muslim world population, are extremely religious and their present-day fanaticism in some ways serves as a starting material for jihad.

In all fairness, that's the bigger picture of the thin end of the wedge many refuse to see

I have always tried to get to the bottom of this and in my opinion a smaller number of them engaged in jihad is not a matter of isolated instances. The problem runs deep.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker

for a class with one textbook that was not to leave school property

Now that is pretty blatant - thank's for pointing it out - what do they have to hide?
But it's not indoctrination, they'll scream back at ya; even though they would never repeat the word "indoctrination" in their response.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

So 2 "different textbooks" Why would a Lawyer even bring this up if it held no evidential merit - who is in denial?

constitution.com...

And the school is hiding it from the parents. Their daughter’s 11th grade World History class uses two different textbooks-– one they can take home (excludes Islamic texts) and one they can’t take home (includes Islamic texts). Their daughter, identified as C.W., along with other students, was assigned homework which:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You are confusing your belief systems. Old Testament - Judaism. New Testament - Christian, who use the Old Testament as historical. Quran - Muslim, who (so I have been told) use both Testaments as historical.

Good argument for religious history being taught in school.

TheRedneck

Jesus said the old laws from God had to be upheld as well.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

You gotta love lawyers -

"here it is far from clearly established that he (the father) has a constitutionally protected liberty or property interest to enter the grounds of La Plaza High School"

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

And why can I not use the Old Testament? It's certainly part of your Bible. Oh that's right because you have different standards for Christians than Muslims.

And so we have the situation where extremism is sanitized by western apologists by saying the Quran and what the mullahs interpret from the Hadiths are a different kettle of fish....

But you've never heard about the hadiths?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

same here - he even went so far as saying there were certain claims that were moot now as she had graduated - what a farce

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

So, why would God give someone a burning in the bosom, feeling like a spiritual fire in their heart area, to confirm a false prophet

the message of "God"s response is that it's too late - the subconscious has already been misled by the proseletyzing of the Mormons or whatever flavour of religion came to your door prior to your fasting. The mind does play tricks on us.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Very deep indeed, following the contrived agenda of the neo-cons. We're all peons paying our taxes as they send us to die making money for the MIC
First we have to make an enemy of Islam - what better way.
"Clash of Civilizations" by Samuel Huntington

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

I wish this lady the VERY BEST in her efforts. However I am surprised it took this long to be honest.

The Islamic Brotherhood have planned this for years and years. To insert their teachings into schools across America. This is real and now many of you can see. This is to corrupt your children. If any of you have children and live in America I would be seriously seriously worried about what they are being taught. There is many Islamic preachers in the highest of positions of education system of America and I would wish you all to quickly work to remove them fast.

Such ignorance. I was taught about Islam in school long before the Muslim Brotherhood even existed so how can they be blamed for it being inserted into our schools? It is impossible to talk about the history of the world especially the Middle East and not talk about Islam.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Very deep indeed, following the contrived agenda of the neo-cons. We're all peons paying our taxes as they send us to die making money for the MIC
First we have to make an enemy of Islam - what better way.
"Clash of Civilizations" by Samuel Huntington

Not talking enemies or agendas. Just rubbing it in.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Dude. Just stop. I ignored most of your responses because they either made no sense or I just don't care (for instance your random non sequiturs, don't care). Now you are assuming parts of my knowledgebase.

PS: Your responses put you squarely in the hater category. Telling me that Islam can't be taught in school... That is hater talk. Defending that douchebag Marine who got kicked out of school for being an Islam hater. That's hater talk.
edit on 11-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: BlackProject

I wish this lady the VERY BEST in her efforts. However I am surprised it took this long to be honest.

The Islamic Brotherhood have planned this for years and years. To insert their teachings into schools across America. This is real and now many of you can see. This is to corrupt your children. If any of you have children and live in America I would be seriously seriously worried about what they are being taught. There is many Islamic preachers in the highest of positions of education system of America and I would wish you all to quickly work to remove them fast.

Such ignorance. I was taught about Islam in school long before the Muslim Brotherhood even existed so how can they be blamed for it being inserted into our schools? It is impossible to talk about the history of the world especially the Middle East and not talk about Islam.

Why do people have such problems understanding this? Talking about Islam or even learning about their beliefs isn't going to magically turn kids into Muslims. I know a bit about many religions, yet I am none of them.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Try both reading and understanding... it works wonders.

Jesus was talking to the Jews when he said that, not to the Gentiles.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That's because Jesus was a Jew...

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

the school claims that he threatened the school!! would you prefer that the school that your kids go to lets the person who just threatened to blow the school and all it's occupents to kingdom come because they won't let his little girl do whatever she wants have free access to the school?
right now, as far as I can see, we're being presented with just one side of the story...
there's another side, so before we go jumping onto the bandwagon, how about we try to find all sides of the story. I mean the last time that allegations like this were made (that I know of) after much digging I ran across the school administration's investigation of the incident and found out that out of all the students that were being taught by this teacher, only one was making the claims, every one else was saying it never happened. I just don't feel like digging that deeply this time around, it seems like I do too much digging as it is while on ATS. I suggest that others do some digging and try to discover the facts on their own.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Why dig when it is much easier to baselessly assume and present that as factual? Critical thought takes effort. People on ATS aren't looking to expend effort.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join