It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Mom Throws A Fit When Her Daughter Learns About Islam In School

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Miracula2

Islam calls for the execution of people who will not convert.

Christianity's bible calls for the same thing.

Btw: I cut the rest of your rant because I don't care about your feelings towards Muslims.

Ironically, the Qur'an doesn't push "convert or die" either. One of the 114 Surahs/Revelations of the Qur'an specifically tells us this (Pickthall translation):

1. Say: O disbelievers!
2. I worship not that which ye worship;
3. Nor worship ye that which I worship.
4. And I shall not worship that which ye worship.
5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
6. Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

That's the entire Surah/Revelation, so there's no other context for it. And remember, unlike the other Scriptures, the Qur'an is the one we believe are God's direct words. So any Muslim who disobeys this is literally defying God and the Qur'an.

Ok, I'll back out of this thread again lol.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not every religion or for that matter culture and civilization is the same. Generalization as a method is generally superficial.
edit on 10 10 2016 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57

Generalization as a method is generally superficial.

I'm not the one generalizing a whole religion. You are. So speak for yourself, mate.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I just edited my last post to be more clear.
edit on 10 10 2016 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

It still applies to you. Religious practices change with the region or even from person to person. Pretending like all of Islam is uniform is a dumb idea.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

It still applies to you. Religious practices change with the region or even from person to person. Pretending like all of Islam is uniform is a dumb idea.

Ironically, it was your idea.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker

I found this regarding the lawsuit that was filed by the woods...

LINK

the case is still going through the judicial system so it doesn't really answer that many questions. but, according to what facts it does provide, the school is claiming that the father made threats against the school. that is why he was banned from the premises. it also points out that there avenues that the father could have taken to get that ban lifted, but he didn't go for them. it is possible that if he had, it would have been determined that there was just a misunderstanding between the father in the school in that phone conversation and ban would have been lifted.

edit on 10-10-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I found this regarding the lawsuit that was filed by the woods...

LINK

the case is still going through the judicial system so it doesn't really answer that many questions. but, according to what facts it does provide, the school is claiming that the father made threats against the school. that is why he was banned from the premises. it also points out that there avenues that the father could have taken to get that ban lifted, but he didn't go for them. it is possible that if he had, it would have been determined that there was just a misunderstanding between the father in the school in that phone conversation and ban would have been lifted.

Thanks for the link. I checked it out and bookmarked it.

For anyone who is interested, here is the link to directly download the PDF.

Here is the direct link to the lawsuit PDF.

This "benign" class meant that, after her family supported her refusal to recite a statement of faith not her own, she was relegated to the school library and given failing grades in the class.

From HERE:

Thursday, October 06, 2016

Suit Over High School Assignment On Islam Moves Forward

In Wood v. Board of Education of Charles County, (D MD, Sept. 30, 2016), a Maryland federal district court refused to completely dismiss a suit by parents of an 11th grader who complained that their daughter's World History assignments "promot[ed] the Islamic religion over other faiths" and "required the students . . . to profess statements on the teachings and beliefs of Islam in written worksheets as graded homework assignments." The father warned the school against retaliating against his daughter for her adherence to her Christian faith. The court dismissed plaintiffs' claim for injunctive relief as moot since their daughter had now graduated. However the court allowed the parents to move ahead with their Establishment Clause and compelled speech claim for damages against the school's principal and vice principal, saying in part:

Here, while discovery and trial may or may not prove otherwise, Plaintiffs allege in the Complaint that in addition to learning facts about the background and beliefs relevant to Islam, Defendants required C.W. to “confess” the Islamic Profession of Faith....

The court also allowed the father-- who was barred from school grounds after threatening media coverage and a lawsuit-- to move ahead with his claim of retaliation. The court dismissed due process, Title VI and Title IX claims.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

-- snip --

My bible may be well worn, but it isn't in any danger of falling apart if I open it one more time.

I'm not Jewish, I'm a Christian. Jesus brought a new covenant.

While I may not be from Missouri, you'll have to show me. Just exactly Where in the New Testament do you see Jesus calling for the execution of someone who chooses not to convert? (I have various copies, so don't hesitate to use the one you are going by...)
edit on 10 10 2016 by CornShucker because: punctuation

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornShucker

-- snip --

My bible may be well worn, but it isn't in any danger of falling apart if I open it one more time.

Translation: "It's ok for Christianity to pick and choose excerpts from their religious works, but not Muslims."

While I may not be from Missouri, you'll have to show me. Just exactly Where in the New Testament do you see Jesus calling for the execution of someone who chooses not to convert? (I have various copies, so don't hesitate to use the one you are going by...)

And why can I not use the Old Testament? It's certainly part of your Bible. Oh that's right because you have different standards for Christians than Muslims. So Christians can be judged with a different set of rules than Muslims.
edit on 10-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You are confusing your belief systems. Old Testament - Judaism. New Testament - Christian, who use the Old Testament as historical. Quran - Muslim, who (so I have been told) use both Testaments as historical.

Good argument for religious history being taught in school.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Translation: "It's ok for Christianity to pick and choose excerpts from their religious works, but not Muslims."

Translation: "I'm so smart I get to tell anyone reading this thread what is going on in your head."

You aren't and you don't.

And why can I not use the Old Testament? It's certainly part of your Bible. Oh that's right because you have different standards for Christians than Muslims. So Christians can be judged with a different set of rules than Muslims.

Again, you have somehow made yourself the arbiter of what I do or don't believe. I'm not going to let you bait me into responding to you in a way that gets me a slap on the hand from the mods. They've hit me for far less than the attitude you've shown in some of your replies today.

There are some schools of thought that actually do give the Old Testament as much weight as the New Testament. I am not part of that group. The birth and teachings of Jesus were a pivotal change and, while I have read it, I've made more than one minister upset with me for pointing out that there are technically no "Christians" in the Old Testament. How could there be if Jesus is Christ?

That's all I'll say on that one. I don't want a deletion for thread drift.

You've more than implied that I have an agenda and, if I do, it is only that there be a level playing field. You used the insulting term "babbling" when I was actually making a valid point. Now, you say once again that (according to you) I'm not but I will continue to disagree.

From the Introduction section of the lawsuit filed by John Kevin & Melissa Wood on behalf of their minor daughter, C.W. and John individually. (Case 8:16-cv-00239-GJH)

2. The United States Supreme Court has held that our public schools should not promote a certain religion over others: “School sponsorship of a religious message is impermissible because it sends the ancillary message to members of the audience who are nonadherants ‘that they are outsiders, . . . and an accompanying message to adherants that they are insiders.’” Santa Fe Indep. Sch. Dist. v. Doe, 530 U.S. 290, 309-10 (2000) (quoting Lynch v. Donnelly, 465 U.S. 668, 688 (1982) (O’Connor, J., concurring)).

3. United States Supreme Court precedent does not create a double standard that allows for the promotion of Islam in our public schools while disallowing and silencing the teachings of Christianity and Judaism.

4. This case, therefore, seeks to protect and vindicate the fundamental constitutional rights of two Maryland parents and their daughter, C.W., who were harshly punished for voicing concerns about the desecration of their Christian beliefs and heritage and the promotion of the Islamic faith in the Defendants’ World History class.

5. Defendants concealed that their high school World History class promoted Islam. The class syllabus failed to mention that the course involved the teaching and promotion of Case 8:16-cv-00239-GJH Document 1 Filed 01/27/16 Page 2 of 25 3 Islam. The class syllabus also failed to mention that Defendants were using two different textbooks. Defendants required that students keep the second textbook, which extensively covered Islam, at the school. Defendants only allowed students to take home the first textbook that did not extensively cover or devote a separate chapter to Islam.

6. Defendants patently rejected the valid requests and complaints of Plaintiffs, as concerned parents, and discriminated against Plaintiffs’ daughter, C.W., by removing her from the academic environment of her World History class, relegating her to the student library, and issuing her failing grades on assignments because C.W. refused to deny and insult her Christian beliefs by affirming, for example, that Muslims hold stronger faith convictions than Christians. See Exhibit 1 (“Most Muslim’s faith is stronger than the average Christian.”) (emphasis in original).

7. Defendants’ curriculum, practices, policies, actions, procedures, and customs promote the Islamic faith by requiring students to profess the five pillars of Islam and to write out faith statements of the religion. Defendants require that students write out and confess the Shahada, the Islamic Profession of Faith.

8. Defendants, however, do not treat Christianity in the same manner as Islam. Defendants do not require students to profess or write out faith statements of Christianity, including creeds associated with Christianity. In fact, Defendants teach about Christianity in a disparaging manner and do not require students to learn any tenants of Christianity or Judaism, such as the Ten Commandments.

9. Defendants spent only one day teaching Christianity, but devoted approximately two weeks to promoting Islam.

All emphasis CornShucker's except as noted at the end of section 6.

Again... Public High School is not the same as college. Retaliating against their daughter by isolating her in the school library and giving her failing grades is blatant discrimination and shows, by default, that the offense part of the class to a believing Christian was mandatory.

I'm under no illusions that I can convince you of anything. This post is mainly for those following the thread. My original assertions stand and you can browbeat will whatever condescending remarks you want. My only intention was to point out an existing double standard. It would go a long way if you could show me an example of a public school that was reprimanded for requiring Muslim students to memorize and recite the Sinner's Prayer (Yes, it's a prayer!). Doubtful you can find one, though.

ETA:
I especially want everyone to read Section 2 of the lawsuit. It related directly to what I said previously about the very same people who have screamed bloody murder about the Separation of Church and State as well as those that have touted Supreme Court decisions when arguing other points in other various threads. You can't have it both ways. Is a Supreme Court decision the "Law of the Land" or NOT?!
edit on 10 10 2016 by CornShucker because: self explanatory

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You are confusing your belief systems. Old Testament - Judaism. New Testament - Christian, who use the Old Testament as historical. Quran - Muslim, who (so I have been told) use both Testaments as historical.

Good argument for religious history being taught in school.

TheRedneck

Uh... No I'm not. When I was a Christian/Catholic our preacher read from both the Old and New Testaments. There was NEVER a point where I was told that the OT didn't apply because of Jesus. In fact, if I had asked that stupid question, the preacher would have merely pointed to these passages said BY Jesus:

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” — Matthew 5:18-19

“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

More tripe saying that you are allowed to pick and choose your dogma while tactically disallowing Muslims from doing the same. What a hypocrite you are.

Again... Public High School is not the same as college. Retaliating against their daughter by isolating her in the school library and giving her failing grades is blatant discrimination and shows, by default, that the offense part of the class to a believing Christian was mandatory.

And again they aren't teaching or forcing the kids to worship a religion. Any religion. Like I said there is no forcing of kids to utter prayers.

It would go a long way if you could show me an example of a public school that was reprimanded for requiring Muslim students to memorize and recite the Sinner's Prayer (Yes, it's a prayer!). Doubtful you can find one, though.

I'm not going to acquiesce to your strawman. You didn't even prove this was happening in the first place with your source from that douchebag Marine who got himself banned from his daughter's high school

PS: Posting the Marine's lawsuit case doesn't prove that his points are correct. You need to post the court decision to show that and only if it agrees with the Marin.
edit on 10-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Thank you for clarifying my beliefs to me. That is a huge load off my mind.

Now, would you mind telling me what I want for dinner tonight? I would appreciate not having to figure my thoughts out for myself.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
well, actually the judge did decide on a few things if I read the link I provided right.
the girl didn't get credit for homework that wasn't completed. I do believe that the judge decided that the constitution didn't protect her from actually doing the homework. what's left is weather or not she was expected to recite a prayer, and was penalized for not doing this.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Please don't.

This thread is in desperate need of your specific knowledge.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
a reply to: blueman12

It is not required to live a healthy and normal life

Some aspects of it are good. Islamic doctrine forbids alcohol abuse. Alcohol abuse causes so many other problems. Alcohol related car fatalities. Liver disease. Family breakdown.

On the other hand I have demonic negativity from Christians. When I first became interested in Christianity in Glenville, West Virginia while attending college I had invited to Mormons to present their message. Then other Christians came to my door uninvited to oppose Mormon doctrine. Now, the Mormons had taught that other churches were in fact imposters and servants of the devil. And of course when a minister came to my house to oppose Mormonism but didn't express concern for my salvation before I invited the Mormons I questioned his intent and assumed he was demonic. Two other preachers were rather hostile.

There were behaviors I have never seen from people I served with in the Coast Guard at my air station. Using indignant behavior to convince someone that didn't have much experience with religion that Mormon doctrine that asserts that other Christians are demonic. It was an act of mass deception by paid Christian ministers only to find out years later that Mormonism was false. Richard Abanes in his book One Nation Under Gods Joseph Smith Jr's false prophecies meticulously.

The most bizarre thing is that at Glenville the Mormon missionaries told me to pray and ask for a burning in the bosom about the authenticity of the Joseph Smith and the Mormon church. To fast and pray. I did, and got the burning in the bosom. At that point I was hooked. Here is some supernatural divine power convincing me with the burning in the bosom and yet, people in the Old Testament were killed in once instance by the 10's of thousands for willfully following a false prophet.

So, why would God give someone a burning in the bosom, feeling like a spiritual fire in their heart area, to confirm a false prophet, which Smith was? At that point the search for a subsequent true doctrine is pointless, because if you fast and pray, God is only going to use a supernatural power to mislead to a false prophet like Smith of the Mormon church.

I could fast and pray to receive a burning in the bosom to establish the authenticity of Islam, but it would neither prove or disprove Islam after receiving the same supernatural answer to affirm Smith's authenticity. If God is going to mislead people when they are fasting and praying. No food, no water. It's an act of sincere effort on the part of the person fasting and praying only to be lied to. Fasting is not easy at first. It's becomes trivial after a while and not very hard.
edit on 10-10-2016 by Miracula2 because: mispelled hit in first sentence

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Now, would you mind telling me what I want for dinner tonight?
TheRedneck

Medium rare. Freshly crucified Jesus steaks. I mean if He is only going to give you burning in the bosom to confirm Joseph Smith Jr's numerous false prophecies when you fast and pray sincerely to get an answer and then lies.

Crucify him twice.

Jesus constantly contradicted Himself. Jesus said those who live by the sword must perish by it, and also said that He did not come to bring peace, but a sword. Therefore Jesus was living by the sword.

Crucify him three times until he exhibits the lack of deception and self-contradiction I expected from officers I served under in Coast Guard aviation.

Jesus steaks with A1 sauce

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Don't lump me in with "haters"
I guess I'm seeing a bigger picture of a subtle and not so subtle free pass the religion/political system that Islam is gets.
Sharia courts in England, maybe "caning" in the USA next? Take your pick

en.wikipedia.org...

including two of Singapore's neighbouring countries, Malaysia and Brunei. Of these, judicial caning, for which Singapore is best known, is the most severe. It is reserved for male convicts under the age of 50, for a wide range of offences under the Criminal Procedure Code, and is also used as a disciplinary measure in prisons. Caning is also a legal form of punishment for delinquent servicemen in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) and is conducted in the SAF Detention Barracks. Caning is also used as an official punishment in reform schools. In a milder form, caning is used to punish male students in primary and secondary schools for serious misbehaviour. The government encourages this but does not allow caning for female students, who instead receive alternative forms of punishment such as detention. A much smaller cane or other implement is also used by some parents to punish their children for misbehaving. This is allowed in Singapore but "not encoura

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join