It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FREE SPEECH CRACKDOWN: Europe tells British press NOT to reveal if terrorists are Muslims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
They should, i just think the overwhelming number of Islamic terror attacks make people notice. Maybe Muslims should speak out more against this demonic plague.reply to: enlightenedservant

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
There are loads of English rags that go out on a limb to cry 'muslim terror' before everything is properly known, and of course that is also used in turn to promote anti-immigration as-if. The same goes for some European rags, however English jingoism is always the undercurrent, well propagated by these right-wing rags.
Most English just want to get on with their lives, but there is always rent-a-mob around the corner.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
There are loads of English rags that go out on a limb to cry 'muslim terror' before everything is properly known, and of course that is also used in turn to promote anti-immigration as-if. The same goes for some European rags, however English jingoism is always the undercurrent, well propagated by these right-wing rags.
Most English just want to get on with their lives, but there is always rent-a-mob around the corner.

When's the last time a newspaper in the UK blamed islamic terrorism and was wrong?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: mobiusmale

Do they announce the religious affiliations of every other person who commits a crime?

In the last 30 years maybe 6 or so physicians performing abortions has been killed...James Kopp(sp?) was a christian zealot and the media reported on it constantly...

Islam on the other hand killed 10x that many in any given single attack in the name of mohammad ...

The next time a Christian blows up a plane in the name of Jesus or beheads an abortion doctor in front of his patients I will be sure to mention it..

Spoiler Alert: Muslim radicals kill at a prodigious rate unseen since the Christian Inquisition era...

-Chris

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

You're attempting to justify censorship by making a poor comparison.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You're attempting to justify censorship by making a poor comparison.

I'm not attempting to justify anything. How many serious crimes are committed by white male Christians? When they are reported, and before any reason for the crime is known, how often do the press highlight the fact the suspect is a Christian? You tell me, I can't say I have ever noticed that in initial reports, but often papers such as the Express will make a point of saying if the suspect is Muslim - why do you think they do that?

By the way, actual text from the OP is not saying for this to be censored, just for the press to consider what is actually appropriate at the time of the initial report. If it's not appropriate to say the suspect is Christian, then why is it appropriate to say they are Muslim? Hmmm, I can't imagine.

ETA - this is important. What I describe is at the point a suspect is identified, not when their motives are either proven or stated. That then is of course a different story.
edit on 6-10-2016 by uncommitted because: as per ETA

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

By suppressing identification, you are obscuring motivation.

Even voluntary censorship is still censorship.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

That's strange, because the only commonality and the only thing connecting these attacks is Islam. If you don't want violent backlash against Muslims, tell them to stop killing innocents in the name of their religious beliefs.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

This should come as no surprise.

I started a similar thread on just this topic a few days ago.

Shameful examples by Western "democracies" and very hypocritical, labeling other nations as "repressive".

10 months in jail for 87yo grandma who said Auschwitz was a labor camp..

edit on 6-10-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I agree ...

Why are just Muslims highlighted by their religion
Why not Christian and other religions

edit on 6-10-2016 by artistpoet because: typos

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

By suppressing identification, you are obscuring motivation.

Even voluntary censorship is still censorship.

Yeah, way to go not actually answering the point in anyway whatsoever. Well done.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I agree ...

Why are just Muslims just highlighted by their religion
Why not Christian and other religions

Because the OP is from an anti immigrant right wing newspaper.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

That would explain the lack of reasoning

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Peter Sutcliffe the notorious "Yorkshire Ripper" said God told him to murder and mutilate a string of females

Was he a "Christian Terrorist" ... or mentally ill
edit on 6-10-2016 by artistpoet because: typos

edit on 6-10-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
Peter Sutcliffe the notorious "Yorkshire Ripper" said God told him to murder and mutilate a string of females

Was he a "Christain Terrorist" ... or mentally ill

Or.......... mentally stable and looking for any excuse he could get that some idiot would believe? When a Muslim or perceived Msulim kills someone or attempts to and shouts 'alluah Akbar' are they really doing it because of their faith or because they think it will be seen as an excuse?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

That's a poor and unfair comparison, there's only one Peter Sutcliffe and we're all grateful for that.

There are many, many terrorists...and a large number of them, unfortunately, are islamic. If a lot more, alleged 'christian' killers started cropping up at a greater frequency...yes, I would start to think there was a connection, wouldn't you?

I already firmly believe christians...real christians not the fake ones who love christmas but not so keen on lent - real christians...are mentally ill, anyway.

Religious beliefs mask and suppress insecurity.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Good point
All the Muslim folk I know deplore such acts of violence as do my Christain, Jewish and Atheist friends

There is a minority of ill intended violent people in the world
Thay come in all shapes, sizes, colours and religions

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Since when did a crackdown come in the form of a half-arsed recommendation?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Do they announce the religious affiliations of every other person who commits a crime?

Yeah!
Usually in the headline if it's a white NRA supporting Christian. But it is the medias duty to report all relevant information and that does include political, religious, or any other affiliation they have.

The problem you all continue to deflect from is the sheer number of correlating factors these acts of terror have. People would be less concerned with this is it was actually being talked in a rational manor. But instead we are met with opposition and chances of being labeled "racist".

Critical thinking = Racism in 2016

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Terrorism is a label ... Nations such as Britain, USA, China and Russia have all commited acts of Terrorism

Terrorists - persons who use or favour violent and intimidating methods of coercing a government or community.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join