It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I don’t hate black people, they just have a skin disease that affects their behavior”

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Actually glad this is a hoax.

But it is still sad to see all the members in this thread defending the quotes.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Apparently it wasn't "obvious" to many of us ... it was well within the "believable" range for those both pro and con on the racism issue.

That's what happens when you live in an era where EVERYTHING gets called racism and people forget that real racism involves a lot more than slinging a few insulting words around. We've done this to ourselves, frankly.

Everything doesn't get called racism.

That's just more hyperbole.

It's the other side of what some of you like to call "political correctness."

Yeah, it does
No, it isn't
Whatever

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Absolutely, unconditionally, positively, unequivocally, incorrect!

ANY statement made in respect to ANY person who is not white and male is potentially 'racist' depending on who is listening to it. People have been stripped of awards, property, and livelihood for having a statement deemed 'racist.' Police are regularly accused of 'racism' for doing their jobs. Politicians are regularly called 'racist' for opining on questionable legislation. War memorials have been deemed 'racist' and desecrated simply for existing. HILLARY CLINTON CALLED A QUARTER OF THE POPULATION 'RACIST' FOR SUPPORTING HER OPPONENT. All because of words, none because of actions.

It's statements like yours just now that have prevented us from moving beyond racism.

TheRedneck

edit on 10/6/2016 by TheRedneck because: Typed too fast

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Apparently it wasn't "obvious" to many of us ... it was well within the "believable" range for those both pro and con on the racism issue.

That's what happens when you live in an era where EVERYTHING gets called racism and people forget that real racism involves a lot more than slinging a few insulting words around. We've done this to ourselves, frankly.

And why are you qualified to decide what racism is or not?

Defending racism is just as bad as being racist...in fact, I would argue it is a form of racism.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Personally denying racism exist doesn't mean it actually doesn't exist.

Most racist don't even realize they are racist...so not surprised some people don't even recognize racism when they see it.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

...and are part of the ranting, raving, and ridiculousness. Obvious horsecrap is obvious, or at least it should be...

I certainly admitted above that I made a mistake by not vetting the supposed quote before I started discussing, however, considering the outlandish nature of "dark skin is a disease" I'm not as embarrassed by my error as I hope the defenders of the quote will be.

I think its big of you to say it is on you for not vetting the source, but I don't really blame you at all.

I certainly have fallen for things here on ATS that later showed up to be a hoax. We don't all have infinite time to go through everything with a fine tooth comb.

So all we can do is admit when we have been duped, and I commend you for that.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Absolutely, unconditionally, positively, unequivocally, incorrect!

ANY statement made in respect to ANY person who is white and male is potentially 'racist' depending on who is listening to it. People have been stripped of awards, property, and livelihood for having a statement deemed 'racist.' Police are regularly accused of 'racism' for doing their jobs. Politicians are regularly called 'racist' for opining on questionable legislation. War memorials have been deemed 'racist' and desecrated simply for existing. HILLARY CLINTON CALLED A QUARTER OF THE POPULATION 'RACIST' FOR SUPPORTING HER OPPONENT. All because of words, none because of actions.

It's statements like yours just now that have prevented us from moving beyond racism.

TheRedneck

LOL ... yes, people have been stripped of awards, property, etc. because their employers, or other businesses/groups/organizations with responsibility over said individuals deemed that what they said was inappropriate and didn't reflect their "brand.: Welcome to capitalism and the free market.

You're merely making wildly generic comments. You're not dealing with any specifics. Some police are called racists who probably aren't. Some racists are called police who are.

You simply don't have the absolute knowledge here of every situation that you're claiming to. If you wish to dredge out examples of what you're talking about, I'll be glad to discuss them with you in a rational manner, but, if you choose to hold out foolish statements like you're making here ... I'm just not interested.

Clinton stated that people who are unrepentant racists, sexists, religious bigots, et. al. are deplorable. I agree with her.

She grossly generalized to "half of Trump's supporters" and has made that clear.

Funny that you think my statement, pointing out "right wing political correctness" is the problem ... I feel exactly the same about most of what you're saying here.

And not funny ha-ha.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yep. I did what I love to catch others doing, LOL.

Believing the quote was made by Nugent is the problem ... believing ... it took me about 30 seconds to prove that it wasn't as described in the OP.

Live and learn; stick to what the evidence says.

Thanks for the complement ... I enjoy friendly banter more than our ... sometimes not so friendly.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Actually glad this is a hoax.

No your not!
You all actually thought you found your racist bogey man you have been so desperately seeking.
The fact no one can find a legitimate white racist dude is kind of entertaining.
I could literally hear you all wringing your hands in glee on this one.
Well off to the hoax bin with you all!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

And why are you qualified to decide what racism is or not?

Defending racism is just as bad as being racist...in fact, I would argue it is a form of racism.

Go ahead and do that. All that is happening is the watering down of society's revulsion to actual racism, which will ultimately lead to regression in that area. When you have people actively claiming that:
Owning a firearm to defend your home and family from invaders is racist- Micheal Moore
Supporting voter ID laws is racist- take your damn pick of idiots who have claimed this
Criticizing anything Barack Obama has done (most of which has been criticized when white liberals tried to do it, too) is racist - again, you have a wide range of liberals to choose from in who has made this accusation
Pursuing the IRS scandal is racist - Martin Bashir
etc,
you have a system in which the average American no longer gives a rat's ass what's being called racist. It's the boy who cried wolf. Eventually we will reach a nadir in which blunt slurs, physical altercations, and socioeconomic bullying will be ignored by the general population because none of us will know when the claims of such are legitimate and when they're just pissy little babies with tissue paper skin whining about something that isn't even remotely racist...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Congratulations on your mind-reading skills.

If you're really looking for a "racist white dude," may I direct you again to the words, philosophies and website of Richard Spencer's group: www.alternativeright.com.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

A list of specifics would crash the ATS servers. Of course, in the face of that many potential examples, my statements are generalized. But every generalization I have made has hundreds, possibly thousands, of individual examples.

You blame the losses on employers? I blame them on a society that has forced employers to walk on eggshells to avoid bad press, boycotts, and even vandalism.

You blame the police issue on what? That's just the way it is?

You support Clinton's statement... Fine, your right. Mine is I get to ask you for a list of those racists that are so pervasive in your opinion. Not even the whole country... just your neighborhood. Look at your 4 closest neighbors and tell me which one is racist and what they have done to qualify them as such.

Incidentally, for your example, you can look at me. I voted for Obama in 2008... and every single time since then that I disagreed with a policy decision, I was called racist. Now you tell me that kind of rhetoric doesn't exist?

You are WRONG .

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Supporting voter ID laws is racist

Yes...it is. Especially when research is done before hand to show that more minorities don't have driver's licenses than whites.

I assume you supported the poll tax, literacy tests, and grandfather clauses as well...huh?

Study after study show that voter fraud is a thing of imagination of the Right Wing.

So why would you want to add a barrier to voting when you know that barrier overwhelmingly mostly effects minorities???

You can say it isn't racist...but this goes back to my point of people not even realizing when they have racist views.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Oh great ... an allusion to insurmountable evidence that you won't bring to the discussion table? LOL

The employers made the decisions you're complaining about. Personal responsibility, remember?

Are you now blaming "society" for the ills of the world?

I didn't "blame" the "police issue" on anything. There are LEOs who are racist. I like to think and hope that the vast majority are not, or they, like most of us, have professional training and experience to keep base instincts from interfering with their jobs.

Racists? Actually, I live in a good neighborhood and am fortunate not to have racists nearby. I personally know let's say 100 people. About 10 are what I would call racists. About 2 are the kinds of folks that actively behave in public and to other people as racists. One is White and one is Black. You know the definition of racism as well as I do: apply it.

Every single time you disagreed with Obama you were called a racist? In what context, here at ATS? Do you really think that's a fair microcosm?

In my opinion, you're not a racist for disagreeing with policy ... but there were and are a LOT of people in this country whose motivation for "just not liking" Obama is racist, whether overt or repressed.

I didn't tell you that "that kind of rhetoric doesn't exist." I see you like to paraphrase what others say to fit your arguments as well.

What I did say is that you cannot speak for all people and all situations everywhere. You do not know the reality of each incident that someone called someone else a racist, nor whether it was true or not. You're spewing the kind of rank exaggeration that you like to label "political correctness" and it's just as dishonest when you do it so that it agrees with your (current) political beliefs.

I may indeed be WRONG on many issues, but despising both right-wing and left-wing (and centrist) political speak when it just doesn't agree with the facts is simply not WRONG but is in fact THE GLARINGLY OBVIOUS TRUTH.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Who said anything about driver's licenses? Alabama has voter ID laws. You have to show ID to vote. ID can be a driver's license, passport, birth certificate, or a state ID card. To get that last one, you just show up at the Probate Judge's office with some kind of ID... they even take things like utility bills. Just prove who you are, pay $23, and you got your ID. Can't afford $23? Sign a form and they'll waive it.

Go register to vote, and they'll help you get an ID.

That is racist? If you think so, you're part of the problem.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Moral of the story, if he did say those things, people here would agree with him or not see anything wrong in those words.

'Murca
edit on 6-10-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Moral of the story, if he did say those things, people here would agree with him or not see anything wrong in those words.

'Murca

Yeah, I pointed that out above.

The point was mostly lost on those who needed to hear it.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

It's racist.

If calling out racism makes me "part of the problem"...I'm glad to be part of it.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

It's racist.

If calling out racism makes me "part of the problem"...I'm glad to be part of it.

Don't you wish we could speak our mind on the issues without being labelled for doing so?

I happen to believe that free speech leads to solutions, not problems.

Some, apparently, don't agree.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have just found that this ended up in the hoax bin, and I certainly don't want to call the man out on stuff he didn't actually say, but the story strikes me as believable because of other equally dumb sht attribute to him.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join