It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The evolution of my beliefs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
As a young person I used to say the Lord's Prayer before sleep. Our father who art in heaven, etc.
And as a young man, I began to question the fairness of the system. The child born into a extremely dysfunctional family gets a fair shake in comparison to the child born in a loving non-dysfunctional family. No way.

And then I found out some humans have been abducted over time by bald headed grays . Yikes! How does this fit into a benevolent god controlled reality?

Sorry, Christians. This isn't a reality that is controlled by god and angels. Heaven and Hell is not where we we will end up. There is a mystery here. Is it a good mystery for humans. And what about other animals?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Maybe reindeer have antlered bald greys?
edit on 5-10-2016 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I am agnostic atheist. I view religion as absurd, a bit like lord of the rings, but some believe its real.

Second disclaimer: I have experienced extreme paranormal experiences that basically have shattered by ability to dismiss the idea of paranormal (beyond that, I have accumulated beliefs which are fully open to debunking, but until such a time as convincingly debunking, I will continue to consider the seemingly given understanding by said events).

Saying the our father is absurd, unless you personally feel it helps you..and in which case, it does. any psychologist will say that (nevermind the paranormal). If it works, it works.

But more to wht you are aiming at. In order for you to push your understanding, you would have to know the entire setup of the "game". If it was straight forward, the it is only a 1 path win. I think that would be a tiny universe if everything required blanket equality.
I think, as the buddists think, that if there is a point, it is going to be very based on who you are, what your surroundings and vices are, and what your intent is for this lesson. You chose it..is your soul purpose to learn love? perhaps companionship or duty...maybe you are on earth to learn modesty or the temptations of extravagnace and self importance, etc. If earth was a single subject classroom, it seems like a very dull place anyhow.

Something to consider.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

How far goes the classroom metaphor? Do you feel that's what it Is?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I grew up in a non religious home till about the age of 11. Just a few years in organized religion (as a family). But my home environment was always VERY open, spiritually speaking. I was taught to respect others' beliefs, and that I can't say whether another has an appropriate relationship with the Divine.

My beliefs have morphed (expanded), but what I retain is that it is not for me to say that you, or he, or she is wrong. While you can say that there is no heaven or hell- I say- I can't tell you what is "out there". I can only tell you what I think is there, and respect what you believe.

top topics

join