It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No theories on the clowns?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: iwontrun

Honestly it's probably just people screwing around as we've started to have sightings here in Canada as well, I don't see the big deal though because why are clowns scary anyhow

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

www.snopes.com...

Hoax, apparently

Ah, so it is.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Media attention... We've had three arrested for "terrorism" just in Bossier Parish alone because they were dressed as clowns and making threats on social media. The Sheriff's are warning parents to talk to their kids about this because so far all have been under 18, and some towns are contemplating shutting down trick-or-treating this year. It's like the opening scene of a Halloween horror film. Poor kids, I always had so much fun on Halloween in the 80's and now mine can't enjoy the same because of these copycat ass holes making threats that you can't disregard with 100% certainty.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufosarehere101
i live in canada and we have had reports of them too. They could be a radical group, dark web group, great alien disguise or just a bunch of pissed off clowns lol..until we can grab a few we wont know.

Just kids acting very stupid.

www.ktbs.com...

BOSSIER PARISH, La. -
Three Bossier students are now in juvenile detention after making threats posing as clowns on social media. The students, two 14-year-olds and one 15-year-old, were arrested in the past 24 hours by Bossier Parish officials. The incidents follow the arrest of a 16-year old Woodlawn High School student for threatening to kidnap kids and kill teachers on a fake Instagram account yesterday under the name "Wally the clown."

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: iwontrun
Here in the Salt Lake Valley in the last week we've been inundated with stories of killer clowns on the loose. From my family in Maine, their having it too. In the valley there's been 4 schools put on lock down because someone saw a clown with a machete.
Now none of these reports have been confirmed, but a friend of mine share a post he got on Facebook " Mugger Muffins" one of the clowns about there being ulterior motives and someone has sent them to do this.
I was talking with my nephew tonight and we were thinking with Russia's civil defence exercise and this election. Long story short, these clowns seem to be distracting us from something.
What say you ATS, red herring or crazy copy cats?

Have the clowns actually hurt anyone.....

If not.... go write "killer clown prank" on youtube.... really don't see an issue here. It's not the clowns distracting us, it's the people who think they are anything but mondane who post rubbish threads about the clowns who are distracting us.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

From the same site...

Congress Has Authorize Police Officers To Shoot And Kill Suspicious Clowns

Nationwide – After the mysterious nationwide apparition of clowns, a new law has been passed by congress to authorize police officers, to shoot and kill any malicious clown they see alone in the streets.

...wouldn't put much stock in the downed clown story in this case.

Then there is this extremely less sensationalized article written by Time Magazine...

Everything You Need to Know About the ‘Clown Attack’ Craze

Here's the important part imo...

The mass hysteria has not yet led to any serious injuries or deaths, likely because most of the clown sightings involved either young pranksters dressed as clowns or callers inventing clown stories.

Although there have been several arrests of people in clown costumes for varying degrees of criminal activity, it doesn't appear that there are any substantiated reports on the whole... just viral social/video propagation.. or B.S.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Brywilson

why ?

because here you are making unevidenced assertions - when YOU could have discovered more about at least 3 of the alledged clown sitings in your town - but hey

and further - you claim that the clowns have " law enforement protection " - while conveniently " foorgetting " that there is no law against dressing as a clown in public

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Not just Canada, UK and America..

Australia has them now too, word is in my area (south of sydney) for the past few nights and in my quiet suburb tonight.

It takes a "special" kind of idiot to do this... real special.. groups of them enabling each other is a right problem.

They keep this up.. and you'll see a whole new problem, one that could have been avoided if folks weren't so idiotic.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It's now out of control here in Sydney.

I have two friends who in the last hour have had people dressed as clowns knock on their doors laughing, threatening and carrying on.

My son also said he has seen people snap chatting that they are now out searching for clowns to belt them.

I have just had to ring my parents and tell them whats going on and dont open the door.

They could honestly scare some old people to death

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: iwontrun
No theories on the clowns?

Juggalos? *__-

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I have it ON GOOD AUTHORITY
the CLOWNS want to die rather than be fed to the medical machine ...
they are terminal ......

&*ll them

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CRYDACDC
I have it ON GOOD AUTHORITY...

What authority is that, then? I haven't heard this or seen it mentioned in the media.

&*ll them

Aww, classic CRYDACDC!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
As a person who spends way too much time on youtube, I can tell you that these
'Killer Clown scare pranks" are around since about 1-2 years now.

VItaly (the pranker who got fame for running naked on the field during soccer WorldChamp)
produced one which got viral.

Since then every youtuber and their horse copy the same silly prank to get clicks.

Simple as that. Throw in mass media who is reporting about it (to generate views), which inspires more silly youtubers, which creates more clown sighting, more media coverage, which will inspire.... a vicious circle of sillyness.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
One of the greatest tricks Pennywise ever pulled, was convincing mankind that he didn't exist.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

the claim has all the hallmarks of a " fact " that he pulled out of his own arse

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Don't know what they are all about, it's bizarre though.

There was a clown in the SF Bay Area that tried grabbing a 1 year old child from her mothers arms; she was able to fight him off.

Mother Fights Off Clown Accused of Attempting to Kidnap Girl in Concord

A mother said she had to fight off a man dressed in a clown suit in Concord to keep him from snatching her 1-year-old daughter out of her arms Wednesday afternoon.

Maybe that clown was a sick individual using the clown craze for his own twisted purposes.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

And that last line is exactly the problem.

sure enough it started as a few, harmless individuals.. but it's been taken up by many that are not.

The mask gives anonymity, just like the internet does.. we all know what happens when you give a psyco anonymity.. they act up.. play out.. hurt folks for lolz.

this is merely an extension of that "problem" now manifest into reality due to some idiot giving these nuts "ideas"

Downplay it.. laugh it off.. but some of us understand it's not the "clowns" it's the nuts that are using this new viral meme for their own sick and twisted lulz.. how do you identify a clown to the police.. you just look silly.. meanwhile your suffering all the real effects from a real crime.. it's beyond twisted and the cops should crack right down on it..

It's not as if their hard to spot... They aint the ones bringing joy and ballons.. their the ones with scary masks being creepy.

or is that.. "clowist"

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Come Halloween, nobody dresses up like a clown and then we know who they are.
Seriously, a bunch of copycat misfits trying to scare people.
Come up against the wrong person and they may get shot.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Saw a recent video on Instagram of a man, who is a clown by profession, stating that this whole "clown situation" is really affecting his work because people are seeing him and his fellow mates as a threat; it's their job to be a clown. He also expressed that they started a movement called, "clown lives matter..."

Not sure how to even react to this guy's statement...

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

They're here in the UK, fortunately we have Batman to deal with them (this is my local area, the guy in the batsuit, I think, is a lad from my home town of Workington.

Batman swoops in to save Whitehaven from 'killer clowns'

Couldn't make this stuff up.

'Killer clowns' beware... Batman has left Gotham, and landed in Whitehaven. Children had been left traumatised by the pranksters dressed as clowns, prowling through the town. Cumbria Superheroes say the clowns have taken their fun a little too far after they'd heard reports of kids struggling to sleep for the fear of clowns. But now Batman is watching over the streets of Whitehaven, so that the children and perhaps even adults, can feel safe once again.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join