It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No theories on the clowns?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: iwontrun

I believe its a bunch of Perps trying to reenact a scene from the Purge.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

And that's why you think that starwarsisreal.

Awesome.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

sadly this isn't the only incident where idiots try to reenact the Purge.

Last year we have Punks try to reenact the Purge during the Baltimore Riots

www.cnn.com...
edit on 10/6/2016 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Okay,

So a bunch of high school kids in Maryland threw rocks and bottles at the police?

That's your Purge?

Where's this going, starwarsisreal?

edit on 6-10-2016 by Dan00 because: ???

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
well a common theory was that it was viral marketing for Steven King's IT remake. But that movie is a year away from release, why would it start a year in advance? The studio itself, or someone else involved with the project need only do a handful of appearances. After that, the news and copycats with free time do the rest. But again, that makes little sense for a full year in advance?

Anyways, everyone of these clowns will be arrested in Florida, as we have a law that makes it criminal to wear a mask of any kind for the purpose of intimidation, menacing, and harassment. So they arent exactly safe from prosecution like in many other states.

We have laws for every kind of stupid down here

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

So you quote from a site that has undated posts and offers this drivel...Well done!!!

“I think it’s a good idea” says Donald Gilmore, a resident of Chicago, who says he’s seen multiple clowns and even got chased by one, “Shoot them n*ggas, i’ve seen that IT movie and that sh*t was my worst nightmare, i ain’t trying to see that sh*t come to real life. But for real, them ladies who wear too much makeup better watch out, you ain’t want to get shot by some n*gga cause they thought you was a clown” finished Donald.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You should hate clowns. They're stupid and not funny in the least

Care to back that up with any real science? How about some stats?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

www.snopes.com...

Hoax, apparently

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

It won't put a damper on things?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Star for you as you make me nostalgic with your rhetorical posts.

Sincerest thanks.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure it would ruin a clown's day.

Didn't this time though.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

the most critical sentence in this enrire tail :

Now none of these reports have been confirmed,

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Normally I wouldn't hop on the Psy-Op bandwagon in this case.

But since there has been talk about actually banning clown costumes from being sold, I'm beginning to think you may be onto something.

But in reality it's probably some combination of orchestrated pranks, copycats, and dark web meet ups. But that doesn't mean that the 'hoax' still cannot be subverted. It most certainly can be.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
No doubt there's a lot of copycats doing it to just stir # up.

I have mo dount that a portion of these clown sightings are orchestrated by some alphabet-soup agency. Fear of clowns ( Coulrophobia) is common enough to affect the general population. Either a psy-op or a planned distraction.

What seems odd, is, few, if any, of these clowns have been captured, arrested, etc. Let me explain.

I live in a midwest town that would remind you of the sitcoms of the 50's & 60's; Courthouse square, clean streets, great city services, low (relatively) crime, 10k population (in winter), etc. In the past month, the neighborhood watch FB page has reported 5-7 clown sightings per week. Discount half as hoax, and that leaves a legitimate 3-4 per week. Now, our police dept. is fantastic about being on top of things. Every time a clown is sighted, someone has called them. Yet, in 6-8 weeks, say 25 legit sightings, not one clown has been reported as arrested, questioned, stopped, confirmed, etc.

And I know for a fact some of these are legit sightings--I have a part-time job that causes me to be all over town in the afternoon/evening, and in the past 3 weeks, I have seen 3 clowns. Hell, one user of the FB page posted a picture of a clown walking down a street literally a block from the police dept., in broad daylight, accompanied by a gorilla. one would think they would've been all over that one.

But, I suspect some are stopped or checked out. No arrest/interdiction reports in the local paper, so what does that say? To me, the clowns, the ''legit'' ones, not copycats, have some sort of 'get out of jail free' card; Federal agent I.D., or, more likely,I've been told by someone who would likely know, there is a rare, little used, federal employee ID card that basically states the the holder walks away from anything, no questions asked.

Because, you know, small town cops like ours here are good at checking out anything. The fact that these clowns continue says that they have no fear of law enforcement, and some kind of protection.

Mothers can likely rest easy-the clowns aren't child molesters come to take your kids. BUT the populace in general should be scared, or at least wary.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Copy cat's...

ICP

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-10-2016 by Wasta because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2016 by Wasta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: iwontrun
Here in the Salt Lake Valley in the last week we've been inundated with stories of killer clowns on the loose.

Killer clowns? Have they actually killed anyone yet?

These 'killer' clowns are hardcore trolls, and the more their shenanigans get on the news the more they feel compelled to do it. But one day when one of them gets shot or lynched by an angry mob, clown sightings will become rarer than Bigfoot sightings.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Its starting here in Australia too.

Its the in thing to scare people. Latest craze i.e. planking, ice bucket challenge.

Suppose to scare people, film it, upload it etc etc

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Brywilson

i am compelled to ask why - having seen one of these clowns ` MK 1 eyeball ` - you didnt just go up and engage him // her in conversation ?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Monkey see monkey do.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Why?
If they are in fact, a psy-op, why bring myself to their attention?
If, as one suggested, they are ISIS, why risk my safety?
If they are copycat dumb asses, why waste my time?
As long as it doesnt go beyond sightings, I take the attude of "Not my circus, not my monkies".

edit on 6-10-2016 by Brywilson because: expand

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join