It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing says it will win race to Mars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Boeing (BA) CEO Dennis Muilenburg says his company plans to beat Musk's SpaceX to the Red Planet.

If they keep shooting Space X rockets then I guess they will.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Yes, let capitalism rise into the stars for a few hundred years!

Or we can farm it out to the government and let them take fifty years to get back to the moon.

I put my money on Boeing and SpaceX.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

I don't think it's that long, must quoted 86 days? It took more than 4 months to colonise Australia with massive death tolls.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Airbus will beat Boeing and then Russia or China will try and beat them. I hope it turns into another space race.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Boeing have been involved in Space stuff since the early days of the space race:

www.boeing.com...

They were involved in the construction of the Lunar Orbiter probes that did the first comprehensive photographic survey of the moon in the mid 60s

Yes. Boeing has even been involved with the manned space program since near the beginning.

Boeing built the first stage of the Saturn V rocket for the Apollo program (each of the three stages of the Saturn V were designed and built by three separate companies: Boeing, Douglas Aircraft, and North American Aviation Corp.).

Boeing also was partnered with General Motors for the design and construction of the Apollo Lunar Rover.

And Boeing has been chosen (along with SpaceX) to provided crew transportation services to the International Space Station, so the U.S. would not need to rely on Russia anymore to get it's astronauts back and forth from the ISS. Boeing's crew capsule is called the CST-100, and at the rate Boeing is progressing with testing of the CST-100, they may beat SpaceX in being the first to provide this service (Boeing/NASA has the first manned flight to the ISS scheduled for about 16 months from now, in February 2018):

edit on 2016-10-6 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

You might enjoy this article. It is funny, and informative, and there are lots of links for additional fun.

Elon Musk's Big F***ing Rocket

Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

It was NOT cold fusion! There are multiple threads on it here on ATS. I was a lurker at the time and the news sent my brain on fire. I had to learn everything about fusion from that moment. It is neutronic fusion using the D-T reaction at 100 million degrees. That is not that cold if you ask me.

Methinks that Boeing and/or Lockheed have already been to Mars (and probably beyond). The rocket ships are for show and tell. They already have things that blow conventional rockets out of the water. We have been to the nearest planet and found primordial goo there (at least according to an ATS poster). I think we have a secret space program. We have tech that looks like "anti gravity" (it is really shielding itself from gravity actually acting upon it). We have an invisibility cloak (visible spectrum bends around it thanks to negative refractive index metamaterials). We have quantum computing and terahertz speeds. But not out here in the white project world. So we get announcements like this. And vertical take off and landing. Rockets are the old school method.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

So they go from being exclusively a terrestrial aviation company to being an intergalactic exploration company overnight

Wow, that's quite a leap! I think the journey from intercontinental to intergalactic is greater than that from the atlatl to interplanetary.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join