It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on bigfoot

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

The problem with your hypothesis of cave development is why would a critter evolving in a cave be so frickin' huge?

A creature that can be, reportedly, approaching nine or ten foot in height would be at a severe disadvantage in a cave dwelling existence.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: twoturtlesIt's silly I know, but BIgfoot is kind of a silly subject.

Come on now, there is nothing funny about Bigfoot, it's one of the modern worlds great mysteries.

And this stuff about them being aliens, gee wiz guys, if aliens can abduct cows and humans, why not bigfoot too?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That is a fair assessment. More to follow when I get a chance...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The problem with your hypothesis of cave development is why would a critter evolving in a cave be so frickin' huge?

A creature that can be, reportedly, approaching nine or ten foot in height would be at a severe disadvantage in a cave dwelling existence.

Yes, plus they are smart. When you saw yours he was standing still, right? He heard you coming and did not move, correct?

There has never been any problem with people seeing them, only in catching them.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I look forward to it.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Yes, he remained still for the duration of the time I saw him.

That's one thing I've never doubted...the intelligence. It's there. Don't ask me how I know, I couldn't explain it in ten thousand posts, I just saw it.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Ok once again assuming Bigfoot is a real non paranormal creature, we know they range between 6 ft to about 9ft per most reports I have seen. This would be large for something the only lives in caves. That being said while my theory postulates that they do live in caves they obviously find themselves outside of caves otherwise very sighting ever reported would be non existant.

So as I stated before if my theory is correct it could also explain the myth of trolls, what is a troll...

Texttroll is a supernatural being in Norse mythology and Scandinavian folklore. In origin, troll may have been a negative synonym for a jötunn (plural jötnar). In Old Norse sources, beings described as trolls dwell in isolated rocks, mountains, or caves, live together in small family units, and are rarely helpful to human beings.
source Wikipedia

Trolls as commonly described in myth and legend were large cave dwelling human like creatures of above average size and strength. So we have a link per say.

While the Norse mythos of the troll is that they were less intelegent, later helpings in Scandinavian culture describe them as more intelegent beings that live in the remote mountains and woods.

Could the Scandinavian troll and our Bigfoot be related or one in the same species? We have a mythical president for large human like figures living in caves while not proof it is enough for me to continue down this thought path until I find a true nail in the coffin.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

That's certainly plausible. Certainly more plausible than a constant, or near constant, cave dweller--which is what I, at first, thought you were positing.

As for the legends concerning overly large human-type critters? Your guess is as good as mine. There may be more than a little truth to it. How much, I leave up y'all.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I have found that almost always there is a little truth in all mythology how much and what kind is another story.

i must admit when i first started working on this theory it was more of an end to a means type situation but the more and more i think about it and the myths from around the world of large human like critters the more it is coming together and making for a more coherent thought.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
There are a few, or more then a few stories that there eyes glow or have a internal shine, here is one, your guess is as good as any. Though I got to say the ThinkerThunker guy seems to be obsessed with Bigfoot, also he did some gnarly CG to show that its not easy to do it. It may be time consuming but not that hard, though by now its kind of pointless to bother with any of it, and yet these type of vids still keep on coming.

And on the whole infra red camera to catch whats out there at night? There were a few stories and even a vid about a guy who had missing apples and fruit from his land, the Larry Surface video he supposedly lives next to a national forest or something and kept having things missing from his backyard.

After he installed some game cameras in infra red since the regular ones were only catching fuzzy images, but the missing things, and fruit stopped once he installed the game cameras, but when he removed them eventually it started back up again after a time. His theory is that supposedly they can see the infra red and spot the detection beams on game cameras as well. So it is true, Bigfoot can only be spotted and filmed by old outdated crappy cameras, and infra red is a no go as even the lazer detection coming out the cameras would be a spotlight for them.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

If there is some actual flesh a blood creature walking out there on the various places in the world. Then they would be most likely and like humans not some uniform size and shape, for instance yetis could be acclimated for colder weather and be all white for blending in the background snow of the himalayas, and likely a bit heavier and bigger as they would need the fat and size just to stay warm in that weather.

While the skunk ape would be smaller and more ape like, that to would be to be more acclimated to its environment even the stink makes sense for the swamps and area were its spotted. Or the whole dogmen spoted in some places? They are generally smaller and more of a snout type face, or if your in the Northwest or up into the Canada and even Alaska well you get the whole big black or brown ones, which again makes sense for the environment up here.

So ya! If and there are bigfoots out there, they are likely even different species or branches of them all over the globe and depending on the area they would life, pretty much like any other creature including humans, even among the same species there are some that are bigger some that are shorter or any number of differences.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I agree that if Bigfoot is real, that they would vary in size and color by region.

The only point of contention I have is the skunk ape, I don't believe the skunk ape is related at all. I believe the skunk ape is most likely a grouping of orangutans escaped from local zoos in the past that learned to live and adapt to the local area. With the general lack of proper records and facilities that were in place in the early 1900s and the amount of large scale hurricanes that were smashing into Florida at the time along with the physical discretion of the skunk ape it seems to match fairly well.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
a reply to: -mytym-

While I think that if Bigfoot is real, he is an ancestor of great apes, and more so of neanderthals, I'm not so sure I can get on board the homosapiens are actually aliens bandwagon.

If we were actually interstellar traveling aliens, where did our knowledge go? Our technology? Why are we genetically linked to the great ape family?

I can. Look at the pyramids and all that other type of thing. I dont think we came here on our own. I think this planet was more or less a petri dish for other ET. Bigfoot was already here, then we came and #ed things up.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyfromnowhere
Or depending on what theory or believe you prescribe to no we did not even come here, though we are alien in a way, maybe Bigfoot was our progenitor before all the gene splicing took place to create that perfect race of subservient slave species, and ol Bigfoot or Sasquatch or skunk ape is our great great ol genetic grandpappy.

If its true, cant tell who got the short end of that deal, though I think in time it will show that the hairless type got the short end of it, I mean we cant even communicate telepathically anymore or at least very well, all we got is this retarded computer and cellphone things, but for now things are sort of smooth sailing for homo hairless, but in the far future that may prove to be a very bad trade off.

Here some other more populous subscriptions of today, you know the men from space kind, from what I remeber there even was a line in the whole human creation Sumerian myths about how Enki and Ninki brought a creature they advanced before the other Annunaki to show there latest creation, and they the other Annunaki started whining and crying to get it out of the room because it stinks its primitive and its violent. Funny no? Coming from a group and race who pretty much blew there atmosphere away for political and private gains over other factions.

Though I much prefer the YouTube versions of things, even has some pretty cool and short little animations, not to mention more hilarious in many an instances. Oh ya the mystery of Bigfoot may delve much farther in history then thought, in fact right in and past prehistory.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I agree with everything in your theory, but have my own theory as to where and how they live, "not in caves or underground".

I think they are a kind of aquatic ape, using the rivers and streams as highways, "my big arse can go 80 miles on the river with little effort"

They are nocturnal, and really have no reason to leave any river, "walk" I'm sure they due, but I'm thinking 80% plus of total life in the river.

Food, fish, crayfish, mussels, greens/water cress and the similar, not to mention berries, river water fortells the season by temp change flowing from north to south"predominately" not always, so whether to migrate north or south, and to follow seasonal foods, berries and such, it is proven that river temps, can be used to predict them ripening.

No bodies, or bones, I think the hair on bigfoot is not hair but more like beaver fur, hollow bristles to help buoyancy and insulation/keeping dry.

By me own "learned the hard way" thinking, "If...if I weighed 400+ lbs, walk?....pffft...Float, and eat fine fresh river quisine? I'm voting for the second option.

I'm 4-800 lbs, hmmmm, walk and chase deer....really?..predators?.. not a chance, not big game.

Now float 50 miles down stream chomping on fresh water mussels, eating nuts and berries, that makes sense to me.

I wish one of the bigfoot experts would truly devote some effort to this theory, instead of night screaming fests, on the tops of mountains...

So, just to sum up my thoughts, yes it is true I believe that bigfoot is basically an 800lb beaver, that spends 80-90% of their life in water, what little time they exit the water, is not intentional, but necessity, to access another waterway, "highway" to their desired local.

Thanks for reading..

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Doc Holiday

Those so-called "investigators" are the bane of this topic. Moneymaker and his ilk are useless, to put it bluntly.

To truly investigate Sasquatch properly will need a hunter. Not to kill, totally unnecessary to do that. Few of these so called investigators are at all skilled in the wild. Running up and down a logging road stage whispering "They're up on the hill!!" isn't investigating, it's called showmanship--getting people to join your, to all intents and purposes, useless organization.

As for your theory? Who knows really. I think waterways of many sorts play an important roll, but as a semi-aquatic life form? I think that might be pushing it a bit. As a major source of food for at least part of the year? Definitely.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
In my opinion, I feel that you're on the right track. Cave systems are key. But we also have to consider the fact that Bigfoots may have a few extra abilities, gained during their tenure in the wilds, specific skills. I believe that Bigfeet are hyper sensitive to nature and its surroundings.
I once heard that infra sound was a key they use to confuse and disorient. Our frame of reference deems the posibility of Bigfoot as a myth simply cause we never found a body.
I feel that they know when impending doom is around the corner. Truth is, encounters are always happening, one has to look at all the eyewitness reports.
If a being, living in the wilds for generations, it stands to reason that they would know whats to do and how to react in a given situation.
Maybe bigfoots are all man eaters and are responsibles for all the National park disapperances.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Maneaters? No. Other than a few scattered tales that I've run across over the years, there's never been any indication of that.

A Sasquatch-type critter that might be like that, assuming it exists at all, would be...

A Wendigo...

Rather a nasty, downright unsociable type if ever there was one.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Over the years I've read and heard just about every possible hypothesis. My thing is right now is all we can do is go by "behavior demonstrated"

Now this means taking into account what eyewitnesses are reporting and trying to see what patterns emerge, and also what patterns emerge in different geographical areas.

For instance dogs & coyotes are reported "peeled" more in the southern US than up north. Down south more dogs are kenneled or kept outside and would cause more interference with a Bigfoot. While it's something I find absolutely awful, I can see why it would be done.

In many cases people are run out of the woods by rock tossing or tree shaking. In others you get just a visual and a hard stare. It's more than likely some are more experienced around humans, or some are just smarter and know the fastest way to get rid of us IS a visual. The tree shakers are just panicing.

Of course I could be totally wrong too.....

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78
No dude! Your right the tree shakers are just panicking. Its a common behavior in animals, even the human ones. I am sure you have encountered more then one dude who to hide his fear or panicking or whatever tends to make more noise and humdrum the usual.

Seen it in all types of animals, even the chickens we keep, or at least the rooster, the thing makes noise non stop whenever somebody or something comes in to its line of sight, its stupid as can be and counter intuitive, especially for it as if there were any actual predators out there its like ringing the dinner bell to were it is all day long. What I am saying is that its not a survive ability trait outside of a save environment, and even then. In fact its just annoying.

But ya, the tree shakers are likely the panicky ones, but most from encounter stories just seem to walk away and not be bothered. As for the "peeled" coyotes and dogs, ya, even the mysteriously headless ones are out there? I think on this thread there was somebody said found a deer or moose with everything in tack but missing its head or something, cant recollect now.

To tell you the truth bro it would not surprise me that if Bigfoot did exist there would be all kinds and they would be into all kids of things, we humans as hunters take trophies so why would not something like Bigfoot do that as well? In fact it would not be surprise me if there were head cults among them, after all for a greater part of human history all warrior nations all across the world from day past were essentially head cults, tribe on tribe warfare, long before Rome and Egypt and even after it was going on.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join