It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory on bigfoot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Is Bigfoot real? While proof has been circumstantial at best and out right hoaxes at worst, it is hard to completely discredit all the stories stretching back into our distant history. What I will expand upon here is a theory that I have developed as to why this cryptid is so difficult to prove, so lets dive in shall we?

We should all be aware of what Bigfoot is postulated to be, a large humanoid creature with large feet, theorized to be a part of the great ape family. Is it possible that instead of being closely related to say gorillas they are in fact more geneticly related to common man? This would help to explain the upright bipedal movement that we often times see attributed to the cryptid. I imagine by now you are saying this isn't even new theory but rehashed other peoples thoughts, just stay with me and we will get to my theory.

Lets assume they are a distant relative of our modern man, branching off at some point before we as a species developed society as we think of it today. Lets assume to to natural events be it a global ice age, or other natural disaster these groups of humanoids took to living in large cave systems developing underground and only venturing out when necessity dictates. This could explain a large area of why they are so hard to prove as being real.

Reasons given for Bigfoot being just another myth.
1. No remains found
2. Little to no verifiable evidence (hair, scat or other items)
3. Proven hoaxes

1. What if the reason we cannot find the remains is, you guessed it didn't you, they live in local cave systems deep underground, they could also have complex or crude burial systems in place depending on what level of civilization you would like to attribute to them.

2. Living underground a majority of the time would also take care of the lack of physical evidence, as they would only venture out during possible times of hardship or for other random reasons.

3. Hoaxes what to say about them, just because people are stupid or fame hunting doesn't necessarily prove the non existence of this cryptid, the stories dating back hundreds of years alone should provide some credence to the fact that at least possibly this creature once existed .

Of note if you look up maps of places where Bigfoot/feet have been sighted you will notice they come from areas that have large groupings of naturally formed cave systems (I'm on my phone now, but if I have time I will try and drum up some maps to post) if nothing else this adds some possibilities to my probability to my theory.

What do you think ATS? Is it a possibility, or am I off track?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

The Main reason for looking at the Unlikely Possibility of a Bigfoot being a Reality is the Fact that Physical Remains have never been found . The Odds that none have been located over Hundreds of Years to this day reenforces the Belief that Bigfoot is just a Myth to the Scientific Community .

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Good Luck .
edit on 5-10-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

While I'm not saying Bigfoot is real, this is a theory that would explain, how and why we do not find the physical traces that one might expect to find.

If they were a predominately cave dwelling species, it would be difficult at best to find any remains above the surface level of said cave systems. Also as I theorized if they had some sort of societal system in place it wouldn't be hard to fathom they have customs in place for there dead, be it burying them or eating them who knows but it stands to reason that it is a possibility, maybe not a probable one but still a possibility.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i dont buy it. humans have been using the earths cave system for a few hundred thousand yrs , i cant imagine that we 'just havent crossed paths'.
i subscribe to the only logical thought that theyre paraphysical, and hence we'll never know.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
My theory is that UFO's are transporting those creatures from one planet to another and stop off here on the way to let them stretch their legs or go for a walk or whatever. That's why we never find any remains, they are not left to die here.
Bigfoot and UFO's always seem to go together.
It's silly I know, but BIgfoot is kind of a silly subject.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The Main reason for looking at the Unlikely Possibility of a Bigfoot being a Reality is the Fact that Physical Remains have never been found . The Odds that none have been located over Hundreds of Years to this day reenforces the Belief that Bigfoot is just a Myth to the Scientific Community .

Unless...they are from a different dimension or something. I don't know, just throwing that out there. I have no idea.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well you see if they live in caves or some other place where they are hard to find, they do it on purpose as a defense mechanism, from us and other dangers that lie around lurking, I remember reading some stories about old WW2 fighters who lived almost until recently on caves or underground and
had no knowledge that war ended more than 60 something years ago.. So I guess anything is possible.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 5-10-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Bigfoot is real.

Search the Congressional Newspaper Database.

Search: Wildman or Hairyman or any other terms you can think of.

There are many stories before the Patterson flick.

Maybe they bury their dead.

Look at the footage Les Stroud got, it's real IMO.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

How many hundreds, millions of miles of unexplored cave systems do we have here in America? We like to think we have this earth figured out but really we have only scratched the surface.

How often do we hear about previously thought mythical, extinct or other wise new creatures, bugs birds or what have you being found around the world?

In not talking about little caves that stretch feet into the ground but cave systems that often run hundreds of miles underground often times found to have there own ecosystem present. Some have flowing water sources via springs or underground rivers and geothermal heat sources to keep the area hospitable. Is it likely no but it is wotmrth considering in my opinion.

You could also use this theory to explain what people thought were trolls and goblins...

Its not hard to believe that lets say a large group of Neanderthals or other early precursors to him I sapiens split off during an ice age, fall out from a meteor impact and moved underground to survive.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The bigfoot culture is very spiritual and cremates the bodies of their dead.

/sarcasm

In all honesty, should the Sasquatch species exist, they would have to high a relatively high level of intelligence to have eluded us for this long. Maybe they understand that humans are dangerous and they want to continue living under the radar.

There are also many species across the animal kingdom that display remarkable abilities from advanced problem solving, to telepathy, to predicting the future. What's to say that Sasquatch don't have some parapsychological ability that make them hyper-alert of humans?

The fact of the matter is that such an animal is evident in the lore of many cultures. If Sasquatch was in the bible, people would believe in them having never found one. What makes cultural lore any different?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

You are correct reports of Bigfoot go way beyond the first main stream publication, Bigfoot was a reoccurring myth in native American legend stretching back to the dawn of the first humans here in america, not to mention the other similar cryprids from around the world.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
In not talking about little caves that stretch feet into the ground but cave systems that often run hundreds of miles underground...

There are no cave systems that stretch hundreds of miles underground.

edit on 5-10-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

It is possible, and my theory takes into account that Bigfoot would have had to evolved from a prehomosapien ancestor of ours, lending credence to possible high levels of intelligence that with evolvingas a non dominant species could also lead to them being very evasive in nature.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: crimsongod21
In not talking about little caves that stretch feet into the ground but cave systems that often run hundreds of miles underground...

There are no cave systems that stretch hundreds of miles underground.

Except for the ones that run from WalMart to WalMart.

Duh.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
Except for the ones that run from WalMart to WalMart.

Duh.

True. But those have maglev trains running through them so not much room for Bigfoot to find decent living quarters.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I will leave this here....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Mammoth Cave 405 miles of explored and verified tunnels and caves
Jewel Cave 180 miles of the same

The list goes on.....

So to say that they don't exist, the cave systems that is, is blatantly wrong and shows that you are misinformed on that subject may be do a quick Google search before you fly off and make a statement that is clearly proven wrong in 30 seconds on Google.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Ah, I thought you meant down. Not in length.

My mistake.

However, those are explored and you mentioned unexplored.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

That's no a "main reason" at all. How many bears, cougars, or other remains of large mammals do you find in the forest? It's extremely rare to find any at all, and they basically just lie down and die. The forest "eats them up" and scatters the remains within a few days. Scavengers of all sorts do the heavy lifting and small animals, then insects, then microbes do the rest. And that's assuming Bigfoot dies like an animal. If they are an intelligent species, they may very well hide or bury their dead.

I don't claim to know if Bigfoot is real or not, but that is not a good argument to prove it is not.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Could they have a burial process? Perhaps they go deep to the caves to die.

Scavengers would likely to scatter the remains and if bones were located many many hundreds of years ago, they wouldn't necessarily have been suspected as being odd. Meaning fragments and pieces of bones.

Maybe they are cannibalistic.
edit on 5-10-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join