It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pence vs Kaine: The facts take a beating

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So the VP debate (Oct 4th) had lots of drama.

Both candidates talked about some issues fueled by moderator questions.

Both had some interruptions.

Aside from the drama, it looks like both told a few lies and amplified some exaggerations and both went off topic with the usual tangents.

Starting with this story from Politico, lets get a scorecard of lies and deflections.

Many post debate articles have bias and omissions.

Let's flush out the BS and see who was the biggest liar.

Post some other articles and opinions from as many sources you can find.

Pence vs Kaine: The facts take a beating

When Mike Pence and Tim Kaine met for their lone debate Tuesday, the truth couldn’t even emerge unscathed from the introductions.

Pence, seated at Longwood University, thanked “Norwood University” for hosting Tuesday’s event, and truth continued to take a beating from there.

Over the next 90 minutes, both Pence and his Democratic rival Tim Kaine repeatedly misstated and exaggerated their opponent’s records, policy stances and public statements. And while the pair were quick to lock horns with each other, their harshest attacks, and biggest stretches, were leveled at the candidates at the top of the presidential ticket: Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here's one about Israel....

In Debate, Tim Kaine Lied About Israel… Twice

So many whoppers were flying out of Kaine’s mouth, it was hard to keep up. The one claiming the Clinton Foundation “gets higher rankings for its charity than the American Red Cross” was beyond laughable.

And stating that the Iran deal ‘eliminates’ iran’s nuclear program was absurd.

With regard to Israel, good for Mike Pence reminding everyone that Tim Kaine led the Democrat Senators’ boycott of Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu’s speech to Congress last year.

Kaine denied the charge.

He also had the gall to claim that Israel is now on board with the disastrous Iran nuke deal.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
And one about the Obama birth certificate issues....

Tim Kaine Attacks Trump's Birtherism In the VP Debate: 'Outrageous Lie'

Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Tim Kaine didn't waste any time reminding voters that Donald Trump was at the center of the birther movement.

In a question about why more voters don't find Clinton trustworthy, Kaine highlighted why Trump might not be all that trustworthy himself.

"He has pursued the discredited and really outrageous lie that President Obama wasn't born in the United States," Kaine said. "It is so painful to suggest that we go back to think about these days where an African-American could not be a citizen of the United States. And I can't imagine how Governor Pence can defend the insult-driven, selfish, me-first style of Donald Trump."

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This article has some depth but might not be very deep...

read all "21"
FACT CHECK: 21 Times Tim Kaine Lied During the VP Debate

The mainstream media is attacking Republican vice presidential nominee Mike Pence for being a big fat liar and refusing to defend his running mate, Donald Trump.

Maybe these “journalists” should aim their fact-checking cannons at Hillary Clinton’s running mate, Tim Kaine, who told at least 21 lies during the debate.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Nice OP. Unbiased. Sad that the bar is set so low.

2nd post- Really? tammysomething.com? So is this to be an unbiased thread or did I get Trumped into thinking it would be?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Don't fret.

I'm looking for some solid Pence lies as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

read all "21"

The mainstream media is attacking Republican vice presidential nominee Mike Pence for being a big fat liar and refusing to defend his running mate, Donald Trump.

Maybe these “journalists” should aim their fact-checking cannons at Hillary Clinton’s running mate, Tim Kaine, who told at least 21 lies during the debate.

Wow... this is what you turn too?

I have been hearing we should take threads like this that are just meant to be hit jobs and obviously show an obsession with a candidate with a grain of salt.

Or maybe that is just about the Trump threads.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

And one about the Obama birth certificate issues....

Tim Kaine Attacks Trump's Birtherism In the VP Debate: 'Outrageous Lie'

Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Tim Kaine didn't waste any time reminding voters that Donald Trump was at the center of the birther movement.

In a question about why more voters don't find Clinton trustworthy, Kaine highlighted why Trump might not be all that trustworthy himself.

"He has pursued the discredited and really outrageous lie that President Obama wasn't born in the United States," Kaine said. "It is so painful to suggest that we go back to think about these days where an African-American could not be a citizen of the United States. And I can't imagine how Governor Pence can defend the insult-driven, selfish, me-first style of Donald Trump."

How was this a lie?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

www.gq.com...

Took me 2 min.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

www.gq.com...

Took me 2 min.

Good find.

Now add some quotes and points.

Then compare the impact.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Na I'm good, you just said you were looking for some so I offered that up. I'm also on my phone and just found that while I'm between classes.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The facts take a beating, in this thread

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

read all "21"

Wow... this is what you turn too?

I have been hearing we should take threads like this that are just meant to be hit jobs and obviously show an obsession with a candidate with a grain of salt.

Or maybe that is just about the Trump threads.

Most of his "sensational posts" come from sources that are "rather sensational".

Pence was good at defending that tRump, little else.

Pence before Politics: starfleet2.tripod.com...

Can't filter ad block for ATS so no more images (f'em both)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Trump supporters are desperate to be proud of something ever since Trump had a mental breakdown at the first debate.

OP is talking about being unbiased yet is lying about Kaine trying to prop up the plastic creepy ken doll that Pence is.

Grow up.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

not even worth it
your infatuation is getting scary.

vote trump.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You're too much, man! lol Go on...

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

read all "21"

Bro, I think that's a parody article to mock Trump supporters lol. You fell for it .

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Greetings Xue-

I'm replying to the Israel™ post for edification. I have just a couple of things and will address them in order of importance

1) Any mention of the $6B that went "missing" when HRC was the Head of State?

2) I Love the fact more folks are becoming aware of just how much $$$ the US allots to Our 51st State Israel and then allow Israel to dictate how the resources are used, this is NOT "Pay to Play" this is "Get Paid and tell us what to do" Now I'm typing about "Official State Business" or You could find them under Hillary's e-mail header "Benny and the pets" don't let the "TOP SECRET/FOR YOUR EYES ONLY" fool You, pretend that is the same as the 'Nigerian Lottery Scam e-mails' which She actually replied to (I'm kidding for You Twitterers..)

But I Love The Constitution more.. We will NEVER solve issues w/out a free (rules out the Clinton Cabal™) and open dialogue, precluding anyOne to speak isn't kosher..

Shalom Aleichem

P.S. I'll keep an eye out for any possible reward for the "missing" $6B.. I don't dare drink milk but if You do, could You keep an eye out for the Missing Dough? Should be green and in that amount, "heavy set" (the printing press at the mint had "thick bones"...) I'll split it with You and then We will have Mr. Drumpf's tax attorney work out the details so We don't have to pay taxes like the majority of $u¢ker$..

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It's hard to believe a Democrat would lie about Israel...

Next you are going to tell me Islamists prefer Hillary....what a falsehood..

What's that you say, the father of the Orlando massacre terrorist was given a seat on Hillary's stage immediately behind here a rally in Florida??

What's that you say, immigrants from sharia nation-states favor democrats by nine fold??

What's that you say, the Seattle terrorist who murdered 4 women ranging from 15 to 95 was a hillary voter despite not being allowed to vote??

What's that you say, Hillary's State Department began negotiations with Iran which saw us give them billions of dollars and lift the sanctions put in place almost 45 years ago???

It's so hard to believe a Democrat would lie about Israel with such a great track record of supporting the Jewish State...

Stay classy democrats and don't let the truth get in the way of your Israel-bashing.

-Chris

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RedMenace16

Says "grow up", but just made a childish comment.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join