It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Animals

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
That makes sense. And to think about it I doubt any type of space organism we would encounter would look like anything we have here on earth (snake-like, worm like etc).

Hard to say. One of the key stages in the evolution of life on Earth was the development of a "head" and a "tail." It gave us direction, as opposed to something like a paramecium, which is the same in all directions. If you live and evolve in space, I imagine you'd develop into the shape of a sphere, but also have appendages that could reach out. And since you kind of need to propel yourself somehow, and hairs or limbs or fins wouldn't work, you might develop little holes all around your sphere where you would "fart" in the opposite directions you wanted to go.

So... round, farting, with wiggly appendages to grab things.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There's nothing implausible about the idea of some form of self-organized organism native to vacuum, although how it would maneuver into and out of planetary orbits is a challenge to basic physics, not imagination. Living creatures high in the atmospheres of Venus or Jupiter or Titan seem entirely 'imaginable'. Whatever we can imagine, it's a safe bet Mother Nature has worked it out somewhere.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

What need for appendages in space? Just fart your way over to what you want and absorb it.
That's what amebae do. Except for the farting part.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That is what yeast does in beer! Eat sugar, fart, zip around like pac man... lather, rinse, repeat!

Then the sugar runs out so they lay down for a nap.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Actually, yeast just reproduces like crazy. That's what the napping is about.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Me and my buddy watch them zip around in the carboy. The really do move a lot. In all directions they can go.

How do you open a window in outer space after a space ameba lets one rip? Do you say to it, "Hey buddy. Next time use the black hole!"

edit on 5-10-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: grammar nazi

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

There's nothing implausible about the idea of some form of self-organized organism native to vacuum, although how it would maneuver into and out of planetary orbits is a challenge to basic physics, not imagination.
Solar sails. Unlike a light sail, a solar sail uses the solar wind. It can tack. It can maneuver against the wind.

Earth analog; Portuguese man of war.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerksI like the way you think.. outside the box. Never lose that.. even in the face of what seems like hard facts, because not everything is what it seems.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
In reading another thread on here about Jacques Vallee and his theories I was reminded about one of my favorite aspects of the UFO-ET hypothesis, the events and sightings that lean towards some kind of interstellar animal. When I say space animal, I'm not talking about the dogs and cats and monkeys we've sent into space but rather a creature that lives and travels through space. These could be plasma creatures, some type of silicone based life form, or just what we would classify as extremophiles given our current understanding of biology and astrobiology.
snip

A man, using infrared film, discovered amoeba-like "space animals". His name is Trevor James Constable and Wikipedia has a page on him which makes for unreal reading into a little-known aspect of UFOlogy.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Where I'm from there's kind of a tradition of watching these three orange fireballs in the sky that appear sometimes.

And Where is that?

If what you say is the truth, that is a fascinating story. Why would they hang around your area for so many decades?

-----

One thing your topic brings to mind is the story told by astronaut Story Musgrave. He said he saw a snake like being in space that had the ability to follow his space ship. He said it followed them for a long time, and that he could see its internal workings as it wiggled about. I wonder what propelled it?

I believe what you say is possible. Who knows what sort of creatures can evolve in billions of years! Even creatures that can travel in outer space.

-----

I also believe many aliens have the technology to meld their minds w machines thus making them appear to be biological. I guess you can consider them biological in a sense.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
What about the Critters theory that an living energy is living in our sky ?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
There's nothing implausible about the idea of some form of self-organized organism native to vacuum, although how it would maneuver into and out of planetary orbits is a challenge to basic physics, not imagination. Living creatures high in the atmospheres of Venus or Jupiter or Titan seem entirely 'imaginable'. Whatever we can imagine, it's a safe bet Mother Nature has worked it out somewhere.

True, given what we know about movement here on earth any creature living in the vacuum of space would have to probably use some different form of locomotion than what we're used to seeing. Or if we're talking about something with a physical body maybe no individual movement at all. Something that just moves wherever space takes it?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: JimOberg

There's nothing implausible about the idea of some form of self-organized organism native to vacuum, although how it would maneuver into and out of planetary orbits is a challenge to basic physics, not imagination.
Solar sails. Unlike a light sail, a solar sail uses the solar wind. It can tack. It can maneuver against the wind.

Earth analog; Portuguese man of war.

Great idea! I didn't think of solar sails at all. I need to study up more on the properties of solar winds and other possible ways of moving through space. I'm sure there are different types of energetic particles or something similar that could be used to move about given the organism has the right developments.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: underwerks

Where I'm from there's kind of a tradition of watching these three orange fireballs in the sky that appear sometimes.

And Where is that?

If what you say is the truth, that is a fascinating story. Why would they hang around your area for so many decades?

Kentucky. About 30 miles from Ft. Campbell army base. No idea. We always thought that maybe there was some military connection because they've been around for so long but who knows. Something to mention is that the whole area is on top of really massive and deep mostly unexplored caves. Mammoth Cave isn't too far away. Maybe these energetic plasma creatures (fireballs) that are sighted are really from underground and not space?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

What need for appendages in space? Just fart your way over to what you want and absorb it.

I think it would depend on the type of skin a creature would develop in space. I assume it would be black, to capture and hold enough heat to keep you from freezing solid. Or maybe transparent with a black core. In that case, the skin might be too thick to simply absorb something, so you might need an appendage to grab and hold something long enough to either absorb it or put it in your "mouth."

And what are they eating? Tiny bits of rock, asteroids and comets, that have hydrocarbons and water in them.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I assume it would be black, to capture and hold enough heat to keep you from freezing solid.

Black radiates just as much heat as it absorbs. But you seem to be under the misapprehension that space is cold. It isn't.
edit on 10/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I think it would depend on the type of skin a creature would develop in space. I assume it would be black, to capture and hold enough heat to keep you from freezing solid. Or maybe transparent with a black core. In that case, the skin might be too thick to simply absorb something, so you might need an appendage to grab and hold something long enough to either absorb it or put it in your "mouth."

And what are they eating? Tiny bits of rock, asteroids and comets, that have hydrocarbons and water in them.

Thinking about how tardigrades turn into glass when they dry out, maybe they could hibernate in a similar way during long voyages through space. Only waking up when near a source of energy or whatever they use for fuel.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Black radiates just as much heat as it absorbs. But you seem to be under the misapprehension that space is cold. It isn't.

I guess I'm thinking of cosmic background temperature, and that the critters that would hang out in interstellar regions. But I suppose it makes more sense for them to be floating around closer to stars so they could absorb that energy more easily and keep their water fluid. Hanging out in the asteroid belt, maybe? Close enough to be warmed, and with a variety of asteroids for food and water?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 808Funk
What about the Critters theory that an living energy is living in our sky ?

I answered your question and provided a source.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join