It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

72 and its meaning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have always wondered why do Jews say that God has 72 names?

And why does 72 or 70 keep coming up in scripture. 70 nations, tongues, disciples, angelic Watchers and Solomon is said to have possessed a ring with a seal on it that gave him dominion over the 72 Chief Spirits.

As I understand it Solomon is a humanized god and that god is Saturn by whatever other name. The middle of the hex-a-gram is a hexagon. The 6 pointed star called the Star of David is actually the Seal of Solomon and represents Saturn, the 6th planet that has a hexagonal storm at one pole. You can connect 3 corners a Y shape and a visual cube can be seen. A cube viewed from the right angle appears to be a hexagon. Saturn is a phenomenon. The Lord of the Rings is a play on the theme of Solomon's ring and the rings of Saturn, the real ''Lord of the Rings."

The cube represents New Jerusalem or Heaven on earth and I just read today that this hexagonal storm having planet is 72 earths in size.

Anyone familiar with Canaanite mythology knows El + Asherah and 70 of their descendants ruled the world as the Illhim or in Hebrew Elohim, for a total of 72. I mean to think that in 1200 BC or earlier people knew details of the planets so well that we can't determine how they knew it is amazing.

A list of 72 related facts.
edit on 5-10-2016 by Malocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio

A Golden Isosceles Triangle has the degrees of 36, 72,72.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Is that from Pythagoras?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

According to the keys of Solomon, there are 72 guardians of the Guff (Hall of souls, universal library).

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

And why does 72 or 70 keep coming up in scripture. 70 nations, tongues, disciples, angelic Watchers and Solomon is said to have possessed a ring with a seal on it that gave him dominion over the 72 Chief Spirits.

Also says its a wicked generation that seeks signs.

"I leave symbols to the symbol minded." -- Sir George Carlin

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

According to the keys of Solomon, there are 72 guardians of the Guff (Hall of souls, universal library).

Cheers - Dave

I haven't read that one yet, didn't a friend of Crowley translate or write that? I know that sect was into Hermetic Qabalah but I have only read parts. I like the one that names the ''72 Chief Spirits" and describes how to invoke them. Kabbalah Dzenoudata(unveiled) is supposed to be good.

I enjoyed the Testament of Solomon. Rabbinical tradition is that the Temple was constructed by demons under Solomons control.

I think 72 has astronomical meaning in a 360° orbit so it's an old tradition.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
the bible is coded astrology. 72 is the number of years it takes the stars in the sky to move back one degree. It is called precession of the equinoxes. all numbers in all religious texts relate to the precession of the equinoxes, and the perceived movements of the constellations around the earth.

www.ancient-wisdom.com...

for more information look up astrotheology
edit on 5-10-2016 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

It's also 1/5 of a perfect orbit year that was 360 days is 72, Enoch says that the calendar was changed so they knew about it enough to calculate a new 364 and 1/4 days which is amazing because it was 300 BC roughly that Enoch was written but about long ago events.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Its meaning has to do with minutes of angle and the precession of the equinox. Metatrons cube holds many of the answers, as does the flower of life, however this topic is large with many rabbit holes...not really a forum styl topic to get a real understanding.

The pentatuch has far many mystic layers to its understanding than understood by the Christian Church.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I like the Zohar and Sepher Raziel, 3 Enoch.

I imagine you have seen a hypercube?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Also says its a wicked generation that seeks signs.

"I leave symbols to the symbol minded." -- Sir George Carlin

Seeking signs and keeping your eyes open for signs different things. We are told there will be signs in the heavens and on the earth we are not supposed to ignore them or these signs.

2 Timothy 3:1-5 ...'This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.'

Luke 21.25

There will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among the nations, bewildered by the roaring of the sea and the surging of the waves. 26Men will faint from fear and anxiety over what is coming upon the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.…

Matthew 24:23-24 ESV

Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the el

www.openbible.info...

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The pentatuch has far many mystic layers to its understanding than understood by the Christian Church.

And if the higher ups do understand they aint tellin.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio I have no idea about 70, but 72 is harmonic. I personally connect it with "choice" and "development". It could also mean completion. This is also the value from which comes the pentagram. I don't remember if this was the harmonic of Saturn, have to check my notes on it to tell you. I remember Mars was 216. And take this as general thought. Planets do not create the harmonics. Planets are beings serving specific field of harmonics. All this is valid only if you know and use the Babylonian numeric system of 60. But the suggesting that people knew of Saturn in the past age is maybe not the most possible. I would better bet, they must knew the harmonic which represented Saturn, but not the planet itself. If otherwise, it can be valid only if learned through inherited knowledge from ancestry race. Cheers 🍻

edit on 5-10-2016 by Argentbenign because: mobile

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Is that from Pythagoras?

It's from nature, the golden ratio that is.

But Pythagoras did write a lot about it, too.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malocchio

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

I haven't read that one yet, didn't a friend of Crowley translate or write that? I know that sect was into Hermetic Qabalah but I have only read parts. I like the one that names the ''72 Chief Spirits" and describes how to invoke them. Kabbalah Dzenoudata(unveiled) is supposed to be good.

I enjoyed the Testament of Solomon. Rabbinical tradition is that the Temple was constructed by demons under Solomons control.

I think 72 has astronomical meaning in a 360° orbit so it's an old tradition.

Translated by Macgregor Mathers, he and Crowley were the OGD but they split. The book is The Geotia, translated between 1899 and 1904 from Aramaic, published I think in 1905. I used to have the original 5 book set, but sold it for a hefty price in 1975. I still have pdf copies of the books, but it's not the same as those dusty old tomes.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Where can I get those .pdfs?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Respect

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Me too, regardingvthe Zohar. I am familiar with the 4 dimensional hypercube...the correlation is there.

So damn many facets to this conversation its why I stated a forum isnt sufficient

Great thread, great convo thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

And if the higher ups do understand they aint tellin.

Tim Kaine interrupted Trump 70 times? You really think the elites are unaware of numbers and their meanings?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Seeking signs and keeping your eyes open for signs different things.

Agreed. Looking for signs is asking for proof of something, kind of arrogant. If I'm supposed to do this or that, this or that will happen, as a sign. Different from prescience or interpreting (revealing) things or events written in scripture.

Delicate subject, don't have time right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join