It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#ThatMexicanThing Dominates Twitter Following VP Debate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't see how that question is relevant. Unless I missed something in that snippet you posted,

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you."

If Mexican immigrants have been sent by Mexico, as Trump has suggested, then, according to Trump, these Mexican immigrants, many of whom are also American citizens, are not Mexico's best, they aren't even equal to "you"! Therefore, Trump is suggesting that Mexican immigrants are not your peers. Even "some", that he assumes are good people, are not (like) "you". They are not peer worthy, according to Donald Trump.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Pence didn't even answer his questions, but he had interesting things to say ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

It wasn't that Kaine interrupting Pence was frustrating and difficult to follow, as much as if you interrupt someone who deflects the entire question, you're opening full verbal discourse and no one wants that. He wasn't interjecting with much substance during periods of little substance already.

Oh ya, and then all the times Kaine just rudely interrupted on top of that too.

edit on 5-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You mean like the 15% rise in uhh *cough* Hispanic American Service members?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I think that is taking liberties with what was physically said.

In the context of what i have seen, my life experience, the various government agencies in mexico (as well as loving/well intentioned family members) have a fairly storied history of "dumping" their "problem children" on our side of the border to deal with.

We have 3 prisons here in my hometown full of these people. Somewhere in the general region they came here and broke the law, and were stuffed into a prison close to the border so their family could come visit.

When I worked in the local mental hospital (my hometown sounds like a real dream, huh?) one dude would walk around babbling "licensia puerta?" over and over. Apparently they got sick of him hanging around the border trying to ask for his passport and drooling, so dumped him on our side to deal with.

Of course it isn't everyone. Did Trump say something that led to this belief, without taking liberties with what was actually said?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Of course it isn't everyone. Did Trump say something that led to this belief, without taking liberties with what was actually said?

I'm not taking liberties with what was said. But you seem to think that his words were only referring to these cases that you know about, as the "people that Mexico is sending" that Trump was referring to.

But what he said is: When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you." If they're not sending the likes of "me", then they aren't sending peer worthy people, agreed?

Now, we can agree to disagree on what he meant and who the people are that Mexico is sending, but I take it mean ALL Mexican immigrants, since he didn't stipulate. But we can agree that what he said was they aren't the best people, and they aren't like you and me.

Therefore, in my opinion, according to Trump in his own words, Mexican immigrants are not a peer worthy group.

edit on 5-10-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Dude this thing has come to be a food fight. Why and I wouldn't expect republicans to be held to some higher ground to their own hurt. Forget about it. And not this wasn't finally something that could be clung to but rather just another event.....like the 100th or some stuff.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Unless Mexico is rounding up all the people that immigrate here, the only way I can see to interpret "sending" is in the literal sense: when Mexico sends us people, it isn't their best people. Whoever shows up outside of the folks that the government rounds up and dumps over here....they aren't "sent".

That is what i mean by "taking liberties". Maybe you are right, though. I have no idea. I think im done wanting to talk about Donald Trump for the week, anyway.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Face it, Mexico is "sending" people they don't want by letting them through their southern border.

Also

Riding 'The Beast' Across Mexico To The U.S. Border

www.npr.org...

"Train of Death" google it.

I suppose the Mexican authorities just can't see them hiding up on top.

So let's stop the BS of Mexico NOT "sending" anyone nefarious.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy
That #ing train, it kills as many people as Clinton does FFS! See thats the thing about Mexico, they knowingly allow everything and everyone pass through to get to us as long as the thugs give them a cut. Many of the people that cross that border aren't even Mexican. I feel bad for el salvadorians they basically live within a criminal terrorist state, but the US government pretends it is otherwise because it is strategically irrelevant.

If there was ever anyone with a backbone left, our humans rights aide and development assistance would go to Haiti and Central America, and we would liberate places like El-Salvador from the likes of the criminals who pretty much control the government through extortion and death.

Its time to pull our resources from abroad and mop up the backyard if you ask me. Mexico can join the union as a state, or get #ed. That should be the choices.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join