It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

#ThatMexicanThing Dominates Twitter Following VP Debate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It does not matter if I agree that some are rapists, some are drug smugglers and some are good people.

These are alll well-proven facts.

Do you dispute these facts?
edit on 5-10-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Is Mexico sending people, eg: Mariel boatlift? No. People are leaving for what they see as a better life. The whole Mexico is sending is a misconception.

I don't think Trump working with great syntax.

This episode is minor, to me, in the whole election situation.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Im not sure what Donald said, or why....i don't care for the man. But i can say this with 100% certainty: Mexico drops people off on our side of the border with great frequency. Among these people are mental patients and prisoners that some officials somewhere decided they didn't want to mess with.

I worked in a state mental hospital for a number of years, and saw countless Mexican nationals that somehow ended up wandering around south El Paso and Del Rio. I also live in a town with 5 prisons, 3 of which are private run federal prisons. WHen the fed removes outsourcing from its prison policy, 90% of the inmates in those 3 prisons are simply going to be deported.

Say what you want about the comment....but it has some basis in truth. Not that all people in Mexico are rapists, etc. LOL, anyone stating that would be an idiot. But the folks that get "dropped off" over here

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The Mexican government is openly enabling and encouraging their citizens to illegaly violate US immigration laws, at the very least.

The government even published a guidebook on how to break US laws and get away with it.

Mexican Manual for Illegal Migrants Upsets Some in U.S.

MEXICO CITY, Jan. 5 - The Mexican government drew fire from American advocates of tighter borders on Wednesday for publishing a pamphlet that instructs migrants how to safely enter the United States illegally and live there without being detected.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: roadgravel
In Context it seems to be 3 "they're" - they are. Not 2 "they're" and one "their".

Trump has a "stream of consciousness" meandering way of speaking.

He started of with the subject being "not sending THEIR best people...then he veers off and returns...their rapists.

If he inteded to follow the syntax of the "they're bringing crime. ..they're bringing drugs" part he would have said "they're raping."

Here's the transcript excerpt from the YouTube video you posted.

0:00when Mexico sends people they're not sending their best they're not sending
0:06you they're not sending you there sending people that have lots of
0:12problems and they're bringing those problems with us they're bringing drugs
0:17they're bringing crime they're rapists and some I assume are good people

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: roadgravel

The meixican government is openly enabling and encouraging their citizens to illegaly violate US immigration laws, at the very least.

The government even publoshed a guidebook on how to break US laws and get away with it.

Mexican Manual for Illegal Migrants Upsets Some in U.S.

MEXICO CITY, Jan. 5 - The Mexican government drew fire from American advocates of tighter borders on Wednesday for publishing a pamphlet that instructs migrants how to safely enter the United States illegally and live there without being detected.

www.nytimes.com...

the kicker about "the mexican government" is that its a fairly loose affiliation of people in power in various levels, with the cartels (aka, "The mexican military") playing its role at the top (power follows money, afterall).

So 'the mexican government" helping people to enter our country illegally happens in many ways, under the whim of many people. From the federal policies that push people closer to the border so that border hopping becomes more common, to judicial policies that end up seeing people being essentially deported as pains in the ass, to local politicians and officials in border towns running their own games.

The problem happens at just about every level of governance.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yep. That transcript os wrong and biased. No surprise.

Who needs a transcrip when you can watch and listen for yourself?

I even provided a video clip.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

That doesn't make sense.

..they're bringing those problems with us, they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, their rapists and some I assume are good people

It's they are, they are, to put a possessive "their" in there is just incorrect grammar. It doesn't make sense, and it doesn't help your cause one bit. It's just as inflammatory either way. And, to suggest that their rapist don't rape in the US is absurd.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
They're rapists - did rape, entering the US
Their rapists - Mexico's rapists - did rape - entering the US

I don't see much difference. Both make the same point.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The Mexican thing is a great example of the left and their media repeating a lie so often that it becomes the reality. What actually happened is that Trump said that some of the illegal people coming from Mexico are rapists and bad people. At no point did he talk about all Mexicans and at no point did he talk about all illegals.
edit on 5-10-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I would venture the pro Trump people would take it as ALL before the more liberal. After all, Trump is the one pushing the issue.

edit:

I do see the point of media inflaming the issue, but I think both sides play the game. Never listen to only one side.
edit on 10/5/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Man, Kaine is just annoying.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I see nothing in that transcript that is not 100% true: Mexico is not exporting their best/brightest to the US.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

At no point did he talk about all Mexicans and at no point did he talk about all illegals.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Exactly where is the word "illegal" in that statement?

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I see nothing in that transcript that is not 100% true: Mexico is not exporting their best/brightest to the US.

Are Mexican Americans peer worthy?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

And what is the real purpose of this post,did Donald Trump call another lady fat?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

And what is the real purpose of this post,did Donald Trump call another lady fat?

Probably but this is about Mexicans.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: intrepid

"Senator, you've whipped out that little Mexican thing again......."

It's hard for a girl to get that kind of imagery out of ones' pretty little head!

I fixed it for you he was talking about Mexican Trump wasn't he? (from earth 3.1)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The worst thing they can attack Trump is:

"omg he is soooo mean the way he talks!! OMG I just want to cry all the time because of how harmful his words are!! OMG they pierce my soul like a thousand knives!! Oh and maybe he utilized tax laws to his adantage the same way HRC herself has done, but its only bad if Trump did it, OMG!!!!! I would rather be led by a war monger who has openly threatened the largest nation on Earth, contributed directly to the destruction of at least 3 societies, has a longer trail of dead bodies than many mafia families, laughs at the death of a world leader whos prospering society has been completely destroyed thanks in part to her help, is taking money from woman hating, gay killing Saudi royal family, and even contemplated assassinating the citizen of a neutral state!!! Because I mean with Trump, you know MEXICANS, and FAT PEOPLE! I mean that is sooo much worse!!!!"

Give me a #ing break!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hopefully Hillary is upright and her ear piece is working....

I would hate to hear her unfiltered opinions not fed to her by her underlings...

Yep, this is exactly what a president should look like...
Nothing says strength like losing consciousness at 9am

-Christosterone

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I don't see how that question is relevant. Unless I missed something in that snippet you posted, it seems that what he said supports what I have witnessed (see my prior post....i've seen it in both mental health and prisons).

FWIW: we are "Mexican Americans". Well....not me so much. But the rest of the family here is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join