It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

#ThatMexicanThing Dominates Twitter Following VP Debate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I just don't get it. Mexican is a national designation, not a racial one.

How do we get "racist" from using words like "mexican"?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Also let me be clear,

I never liked Trumps Mexican comment to begin with. Now some caveats, I thought he was discussing illegals not all Mexicans, and he did say that some were good people.

But even still, calling the rapists was a stretch. The truth is Trump has a big mouth. As I have said before, I am for fighting political correctness, but this does not mean being an ass.

I don't think Trump is a racist though. I think he has a big mouth, and doesn't always think before he speaks.

And people on all sides have unfairly generalized people with comments. Hillary called young black people super predators, and implied that law enforcement had implicit biases, and said half of Trumps supporters were racists sexist, etc. I am sure if I sat down with Hillary, she would admit that she doesn't think I am a racist (she may think I am a moron, but thats fine), not would she think all blacks are super predators. People just say dumb things in the heat of the moment.

Now this is no way takes away from the fact that Trump does this way more than most people.

I just don't think he is a racist, and although I do not like these things he has said, I think his bad words are less damaging to me than Hillary's bad track record.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

not only that but by the time he said it throughout the discourse,any logical person would realize he wasn't being racist in the least.. It was a referral to an issue Kaine had been beating like a dead horse..

I could take most any post on ATS, pick out one sentence and using it out of context, insult others . But I don't and most here do not ..because people who use this tactic we label trolls, and rightly so...

Well in fairness this is the mudpit and I chose to wade into it..

/smacks own hand

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I can see the future headline:

Vice President Pence will be heading to Mexico to discuss the Mexican Thing with Mexico's president.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

A stretch?

Are you aware of this report that Trump specifically reffered to to as the source for his correct assessment of the huge rape epidemic faced by girls and women illegaly crossing the border?

80% Of Central American Women, Girls Are Raped Crossing Into The U.S.

As the number of Central American women and girls crossing into the U.S. continues to spike, so is the staggering amount of sexual violence waged against these migrants who are in search of a better life.

According to a stunning Fusion investigation, 80 percent of women and girls crossing into the U.S. by way of Mexico are raped during their journey. That’s up from a previous estimate of 60 percent, according to an Amnesty International report.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 5-10-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

It says they are raped before they reach the US. I don't see what that has to do with what Trump said.

He said that Mexicans are raping women in the US. Didn't he? Not that women are being raped on their way to the US.

edit on 10/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Well that was a garbled mess of cognitive dissonance.

I was actually talking about Trump's twitter meltdown:

who is so triggered that he can't stop himself from having an embarassing Twitter meltdown.

Taking to Twitter for a week about Mochado was weak. Trump made himself look weak, petty, easily baited, tactless, egomaniacial, etc — and it kept the whole thing alive and gave his detractors additional ammunition with which to criticize him.

That's a meltdown. Maybe you'd prefer "short circuit?" Or is that not a term we can apply to the Sniffleupagus?

Kaine came across as a belligerent,petulant, and angry child..

Unlike Donald Trump who came across as an unprepared, scowling, belligerent, petulant, petty, feckless and easily triggered clown with no subtance and no real interest in doing the job of President who thought he could hide behind his typical trollish bloviating and vaguery and was left defensively spewing incomprehsible gibberish.

It's funny to watch the spin machine at work. You do realize you do have to win, Before you rewrite history..

Cool story. You won't win any points with me going on about "spin."

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

"When told Mexico will pay for wall, Mexican President whips out that Mexican thing and smacks Donald Trump with it."

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

When did Trump state "Mexicans are raping women in the US?"

Link and exact quote please.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems to us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime....their rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

"

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Oh, sorry. They're just rapists who aren't raping anyone. Criminals who aren't committing crimes.

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

www.cbsnews.com...

But some of them are good people. A few, maybe.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So you deliberately misquoted him?

Also he did not say "they're rapists" he said THIER rapists.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So you deliberately misquoted him?
I see no quotation marks in my statement.

Also he did not say "they're rapists" he said THIER rapists.
Oh. Did he also say "Their bringing drugs. Their bringing crime?"

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Of course not.

Watch the video and listen to the words in context.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

This is why Pence chose to brush by it. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you look to any reasonable person when you quote Trump right up until the most relevant part and then start substituting with ellipses?

Even as you're trying to defend him, you can't bring yourself to repeat the words he said because you know that it's indefensible.

Take a lesson from Pence. Just don't try.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
In Context it seems to be 3 "they're" - they are. Not 2 "they're" and one "their".

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

What context would that be? Half a bottle of liquor, a whole lot of self-delusion and an unshakable love of Donald Trump?

Do we need to take this back to elementary school and start graphing sentences?

On second thought, please carry on. Go ahead and flounder around in this pit of quicksand you're so eager to drown in because you're vicariously triggered. Tell us what you believe he was saying exactly.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Don't let your desperation blind you to simple logic.

In order for there to be a "not their best"' logic dictates that they have to have "a best" segment of their population.

AND TRUMP MADE IT VERY CLEAR HE IS REFFERING TO ILLEGALS WHO RAPE AS RAPISTS WHO ARE NOT THEIR BEST PEOPLE.

NOT ALL MEXICANS!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yep. He said that the people "[Mexico is] sending" are rapists.

THEY'RE RAPISTS

I don't really get the John Cena bit at the end but what the hell, I'll play along.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

No s#. Everyone agrees that he was talking about illegal immigrants from Mexico. You thought that was an actual point on contention?

So then you agree with Trump that illegal immigrants from Mexico are drug running rapists but you assume that "some" are good people?

That's your defense? "He didn't mean Mexicans in Mexico, he was just talking about the millions of rapists here!"

Brilliant. Keep up the good work.
edit on 2016-10-5 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
In Context it seems to be 3 "they're" - they are. Not 2 "they're" and one "their".

Trump has a "stream of consciousness" meandering way of speaking.

He started of with the subject being "not sending THEIR best people...then he veers off and returns...their rapists.

If he inteded to follow the syntax of the "they're bringing crime. ..they're bringing drugs" part he would have said "they're raping."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join