It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient sightings of fish in the sky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ancient sightings of fish in the sky?

I have read somewhere or watched a tv program about ancient people accounts of seeing fish in the sky...you know...like they were living in the sky and swimming around up there.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anything about it and it is really bugging me. Maybe it was a drawing in a cave of fish in the sky?????

Did they live in watery clouds??? This has me intriqued.

Anyone know anything about this?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
is it possible that you're referring to the disney movie fantasia? they had whales swimming in the sky.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
no, I can say for sure it was not that

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
On a serious note, in Mesopotamian culture, fish were often attributed as a gift from the moon god. There's a story in the Old Testament about Abraham's escape from the prison in Ur with the help of the fish of the Ur river that runs through the town. The river and fish really exist and fishing isn't allowed because the fish are considered sacred. The story as told in the OT is taken from the earlier Mesopotamian stories where the fish were considered sacred.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think this phenomena is responsible for what you are refferiing to.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Its about raining fish.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Thank you for the link, kidfinger, interesting article.

This might explain it but I seem to remember some heiroglyphics, too!

I can't find it, though

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yep, like raining frogs... Really weird phenomenon.

Just as another thought though, often, if you look at a light background, you'll see the little organisms living in your eye as they crawl around. This could easily give rise to such legends if one had no idea about the microscopic little creatures swimming around there....

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Yep, like raining frogs... Really weird phenomenon.

Just as another thought though, often, if you look at a light background, you'll see the little organisms living in your eye as they crawl around. This could easily give rise to such legends if one had no idea about the microscopic little creatures swimming around there....

What? Microscopic creatures in my eye? Joking, right?

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
The microscopic creatures are called micro-organisms...amounst this group is GERMS!

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   

wtf?

can you post a link that explains that? firstive heard of it, are you talking about floaters? I dont think you can see germs with the naked eye, microscopic things are called "microscopic" because you need a microscope to see them.

www.eyecarecontacts.com...
www.visionworksusa.com...

Perhaps these myths evolved from sightings of flying fish seen from boats against the horizon in the background?
[edit on 043131p://46014 by instar]

[edit on 043131p://49014 by instar]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Speaking as one who has a number of these 'floaters'.....they don't seem to move or 'swim' on their own, and they appear to be more like lint or fibers. I had an eye injury as a kid, and noticed one or two right after that, and have noticed a few more as the years go by.

I thought there was little I could do for them, but instar's link mentions herbs and vitamins that may help .....I'll have to check into that! Thanks for that link, instar!

BTW...they don't look like fish! ( If you were to see an airplane flying at a high altitude, where you could not hear any sound....and you had no idea what an airplane was, you might think it looked like a fish. Maybe something flying around in ancient skys made people think of fish??)

[edit on 25-1-2005 by frayed1]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

What? Microscopic creatures in my eye? Joking, right?

Maybe it's just me, hehe...but yep, if I stare at a white wall, I have no trouble seeing them, and they look just like micro-organisms to me... Maybe I just never looked into these "floaters" much but they sure look just like organisms I've seen under microscopes...

I'd suspect that the only reason they'd be visible is due to them being right on the eye, and so with the light coming into the eye, there you go. I'll do some checking and come back...

EDIT: Odd, the links mention dark images, etc. The ones I see are clear cell-looking structures and resemble paramecia. I've seen them ever since I can remember, and have no health problems (other than near-sightedness) with my eyes, or others mentioned. I can see them at any time, and I know they are on the eye, as they move with the eye also. But, I have seen them move otherwise, though I suppose it could be an optical illusion. Simple solution...put a tear on a microscope slide...and look at it. (I know, as I've done this before) Same # I see, hence my conclusion.

[edit on 25-1-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

EDIT: Odd, the links mention dark images, etc. The ones I see are clear cell-looking structures and resemble paramecia. I've seen them ever since I can remember, and have no health problems (other than near-sightedness) with my eyes, or others mentioned. I can see them at any time, and I know they are on the eye, as they move with the eye also. But, I have seen them move otherwise, though I suppose it could be an optical illusion. Simple solution...put a tear on a microscope slide...and look at it. (I know, as I've done this before) Same # I see, hence my conclusion.

[edit on 25-1-2005 by Gazrok]

The reason I was like WTF is because I see the same thing. I use to see them once or twice a day when I was a kid. Now its like once every few months. They are exactly as you have described above. I always thought I just had dirt on my eye or something.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Best advice I can give is do what I did...drop a tear on a glass slide, look at it under a microscope...and you'll see the same thing you see projected. Granted, I don't have the access to them that I used to when taking Biology, but I saw enough to convince me, hehe...

Makes sense really, ever look at a drop of water under a microscope? Well, all kinds of critters in there...

new topics

top topics

join