It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Foundation Paved the Path to His Nomination

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If you do not know about this you should not even be in the argument. The Trump haters on here, we all know who you are, just regurgitate the same garbage over and over and over. You must be a special type of ignorant or have no mental retention since i have posted this in other posts you were part of but as usual you simply hate on Trump.

I posted the link. She got a pass from the same scumbag who told Trump he had to shut down his charity.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Your own source says this:

Schneiderman’s office said, “The Clinton Foundation’s disclosures regarding funding from foreign governments are in compliance with New York law.”

Pay for Play anyone?

More like wildly accuse in lieu of any actual evidence.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

If you do not know about this you should not even be in the argument. The Trump haters on here, we all know who you are, just regurgitate the same garbage over and over and over. You must be a special type of ignorant or have no mental retention since i have posted this in other posts you were part of but as usual you simply hate on Trump.

I posted the link. She got a pass from the same scumbag who told Trump he had to shut down his charity.

Still no evidence and now an ad hominem. Classy.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Sorry, but you are incorrect....

Also, The Clinton Foundation and Clinton Family Foundation are two separate entities. Some accusations mixed up the two and were incorrect in their assumption.

Nonprofits, such as the Clinton Foundation, have nearly no obligation to publicly reveal who gives them money. They might need to tell a government agency, but the details remain confidential.

As things stand, the Clinton Foundation is in step with federal and New York reporting standards. Unless government agencies change the rules or their interpretation of the rules, we are still wholly reliant on what the foundation has chosen to reveal.

So we are left with the Saudis giving less than $25 million.

Now we can ask, did Clinton get that money for the foundation, as Trump said?

Josh Schwerin, spokesman for the Clinton campaign told us, "Hillary Clinton did not solicit these funds."

As a legal matter, Clinton was not a member of the foundation’s board until 2013, after she left the administration. She was a board member in 2014 when the Saudis gave again, but that amount would be much less than $10 million.

There were no Saudi donations while she was secretary. www.politifact.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Trump is way more corrupt than Hillary, the people are finding this out first hand.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

So, you see nothing wrong with her not complying but the AG giving her a pass? That is my question. It is in black and white. They did not do it correctly and she was given a pass. Like Benghazi...Like the FBI...Like the USAG...it is corruption at it's highest level.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I didn't ask for you to give me a vague situation where I guess my opinion on if she is in the wrong or not. I told you to give me evidence of wrongdoing. There is a clear difference here.

PS: Isn't the "But he didn't break any laws" defense what is being used to defend Trump's $1 billion tax write off?
edit on 5-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

So, you see nothing wrong with her not complying but the AG giving her a pass? That is my question. It is in black and white. They did not do it correctly and she was given a pass. Like Benghazi...Like the FBI...Like the USAG...it is corruption at it's highest level.

Benghazi was a political witch hunt that attempted a October surprise meant to hurt Obama, but Obama beat Romney. When they couldn't hurt Obama they have used it against Hillary ever since.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We soon found that independently confirming information about the Clinton foundation is challenging at best.

Right there tells you the entire 'fact check' could not be completed and it is shown in the article.

Then there is this gem..

John Wonderlich, head of the Sunlight Foundation, a group that advocates for greater transparency in government, told PolitiFact, "The Clinton Foundation’s work, by its nature, blurs the lines between charity, business, politics, and public service, making it very difficult to evaluate in a traditional way."

and then this...

As Kirk Hanson, director of the Markkula Center for Applied Ethics at Santa Clara University in California, told the Wall Street Journal, the "potential exists for foreign governments to curry favor with (Clinton) as a potential president of the United States." Getting back to Saudi Arabia, working with them would necessarily be a part of any president’s job. Its donations might not make a difference, but there is no question that the foundation’s work creates a tangle of relationships.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

And?

What did you find that was illegal?

(post by matafuchs removed for a manners violation)
(post by Krazysh0t removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Losing I see....chill out.
I'm gonna put a bet on a Clinton landside the way Trump is going and the info about him.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It's looking more and more like the Trump Foundation and not the Clinton Foundation is really the corrupt charity of the two. I'm not surprised. A common tactic of bullies is to project their own faults onto others.

The Clinton Foundation a public charity. The Trump Foundation is a private, non-operating foundation.

The Clinton Foundation has nearly 500 staff members. The Trump foundation has zero.

The Clinton Foundation has $354million in assets. The Trump foundation has 1.2million in assets.

The Clinton Foundation has $91million in expenses. The Trump Foundation has $596, 700 in expenses.

The problems?

"Several investigative reports have found a handful of examples of Clinton Foundation business intersecting with State Department business. Congressional Republicans have said they hope to launch their own investigation. "

"A Washington Post review of the Trump Foundation has suggested it is operating on shaky ethical and legal grounds. The New York attorney general has opened an inquiry into the foundation. "

Politifact

The only similarity between the two is the "Foundation" in the title.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Aside from that barrel of red herring ... anything to disprove the statements here about Trump using the Trump Foundation as a personal piggy-bank?

You know ... facts relating to the topic?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Ok. So what's your point here? I shouldn't call the Trump Foundation a charity? Fine, that makes it easier to pin him for wrong doing since there are clear examples of him using the Trump Foundation as a charity throughout his Presidential campaign. Trump Foundation lacks the certification required for charities that solicit money

Tax filings show that in each of the past 10 years for which there are records, the Trump Foundation raised more than $25,000 from outsiders. Tax records alone do not reveal whether the donations amounted to solicitations under New York law, but in several cases there is strong evidence that they did.

For instance, the foundation has received more than $2.3 million from companies that owed money to Trump or one of his businesses — but that were instructed to pay the foundation instead, according to people familiar with those transactions.

In the most obvious example of a public solicitation, the Trump Foundation set up a website early this year to collect small-dollar donations that it promised to pass along to veterans. In all, the website said, the Trump Foundation took in $1.67 million through that site.

But, as of this week, the Trump Foundation had not obtained the state registration required to ask for donations, according to a spokesman for Schneiderman.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Ok. So what's your point here? I shouldn't call the Trump Foundation a charity? Fine, that makes it easier to pin him for wrong doing since there are clear examples of him using the Trump Foundation as a charity throughout his Presidential campaign. Trump Foundation lacks the certification required for charities that solicit money

You're comparing apples and oranges is what I'm saying.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Fantastic. Anything related to the OP now?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You can look at all your posts and ask me that again.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I see this conversation will be going nowhere seeing as how I only compared the Trump Foundation to the Clinton Foundation in my first post in the thread (and even then I only compared them by saying that the media narrative about which one was corrupt is actually the reverse).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join