It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Chief of Staff Gen.: 'US military...will beat you harder than you have ever been beaten'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Incidentally many of Germany's military failures can be attributed to Hitler's stupidity and sheer incompetence as a military commander. Which is in stark contrast to this public perception as him as some great warlord.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This discussion makes me sick. Remember all the young, young men killed in Viet Nam-for no reason-and the ridiculousness in Iraq etc-that crazy Middle East war over oil? Bragging about killing is disgusting.

The US has involved itself where it shouldn't for decades for US business.

People so easily forget the price paid by US lives. Bragging by a general-he should retire-he must have alzheimers to not remember the prices paid by our military who weren't officers.

My nephew is going to Iran in one month. I am sick about it because he is young, and uneducated about what he is really fighting for and how easily the military will give up his life. I'm heartbroken-so is my family. We do not trust the US government to really protect our citizens-just big business.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

see that Hitler’s stupidity of attacking Russia was what won WWII( two front war)

No it was because he tried to close to winter time and they were not prepared to deal with it.

And you should know that Russia would have been defeated if not for the winter.

The Soviet Union nearly lost the war in 1941 and suffered from poor planning, according to Marshal Georgy Zhukov in the frank television interview that has been banned since it was recorded in 1966. Zhukov, the most decorated general in the history of both Russia and the Soviet Union, admitted that Soviet generals were not confident that they could hold the German forces at the Mozhaisk defence line outside Moscow.

Ultimately, Russia's notorious weather played a major part in the defeat of Nazi Germany, but the Wehrmacht "overestimated themselves and underestimated Soviet troops," said Zhukov.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I guess you may want to check your history again. It may have been a turning point but that didn't win WW2.
edit on 5-10-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Americans are lost. Over the last 3 decades the US political system has been progressively rigged in favour of corporations, these corporations forged huge trade deals between previously separated geo political blocks.

They bribed western politicians so they signed these deals, lately they don´t even let elected officials discuss these deals outside of secure rooms, no phones no cameras no notes are allowed.

Now we are assisting to the culmination of this process.

Corporations transferred technology, production methods, knowledge to China and china made huge amounts of money allowing them to have the most peculiar and hypocrite political system, communism to the poor, capitalism to the rich and making the largest army on earth.

Currently china is unbeatable, they may not have as many subs or as many aircraft carriers but they can make more in a glimpse and they are many. 1.5 billion people can make a HUGE army if necessary.

Congratulate all the scum who governed your country for the last 30 years, they turned a peper tiger into a tiger of steel.

By not electing Trump and if electing him not forcing him to cut all the trade deals and focus on your country, unemployment, drugs, immigration you will be shooting your second foot.

Now Russia.

Are you stupid or what (not the OP, the american politicians) You are encircling Russian borders, have been doing it for 25 years. What the F***K do you think its going to happen? You´re lucky if the Russians don´t nuke one of your cities in the near future. And if you respond you will see another half dozen sites levelled.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

My nephew is going to Iran in one month. I am sick about it because he is young, and uneducated about what he is really fighting for and how easily the military will give up his life. I'm heartbroken-so is my family. We do not trust the US government to really protect our citizens-just big business.

Hold on,Iran?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
This discussion makes me sick. Remember all the young, young men killed in Viet Nam-for no reason-and the ridiculousness in Iraq etc-that crazy Middle East war over oil? Bragging about killing is disgusting.

From all that I can surmise, this situation is about Russia's future as a nation versus the plans of the United States for world domination. As I tried to describe in the thread below, this is the time when a world war is justified (based on the lunacy of the U.S.). That's how Russia seems to see it too. The discussion in this thread is justified in my opinion based on what we're facing. It's ugly, but it seems inevitable. We have to face reality.

The discussion here is completely tame compared to what I'm reading on another forum. I can't believe that Russians and U.S. citizens are trash talking there. They're literally talking about how they're going to decimate each other. Trash talking over this? I find that to be sick. I believe what's happening in this thread is completely civil and appropriate.

The simple reasons WW3 over Syria makes sense
edit on 5-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I always thought supply was a key issue, that and the fact the Germans were running out of skilled veterans.

Lack of training, lack of supplies and a seriously faulty logistics setup. Vast amounts of planes waiting for parts and pilots flying them with less than 100 hours in the air.

As I posted earlier, the German war machine was missing cogs and gears by 1943. A weary army struggling to replace boots, where as in the beginning of the war the Germans had plenty of veterans who served in Spain and a fully functioning war machine.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If there is a war with Russia, the bombs will fly from both sides and hit all cities except the Kremlin and Washington DC. The rules of war apply, bomb the common people but not the leaders. If this procedure is not followed, it is considered terrorist activity.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

Currently china is unbeatable, they may not have as many subs or as many aircraft carriers but they can make more in a glimpse and they are many. 1.5 billion people can make a HUGE army if necessary.

Well yes at home they may be, but if they have to leave China they are screwed.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

From all that I can surmise, this situation is about Russia's future as a nation versus the plans of the United States for world domination.

And what plans would those be?

And just because you give opinions in another one of your threads that doesn't make it true. And just because Paul Craig Robert says something that doesn't make it true either.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Headshot

Russia has only ever bullied its neighbors. What war did they ever win. Other than when we joined them during WWII???

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Its not terrorist activity. The Brits tried to kill hitler and bombed everywhere they though he could be.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

From all that I can surmise, this situation is about Russia's future as a nation versus the plans of the United States for world domination.

And what plans would those be?

I wrote "From all that I can surmise" for a reason. I can't tell you much of anything for certain about what's happening in Syria or what it means in the big picture. With both Russia and the U.S. drawing lines in the sand over Syria, we know that the situation there is massively important. Do you have a competing theory as to why both Russia and the U.S. are drawing lines in the sand over Syria?

I admit that I'm theorizing about most of this. I don't have enough information to say much with certainty.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floridagoat

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Ohanka
The US Military will beat people "harder than ever" with less men and equipment than ever before in the past 70 years?

IIRC US Army rarely trains for operations above the battalion level.

Maybe if you're someone with only AKs and Pickup trucks operating in the Sahara Desert.

I dunno seems like flamboyant boasting.

Your right look ay history, the vaunted US army can beat Granada, Panama, and other little pipsqueak countries but when it goes up against any great or medium great power it never has won.

Russia won WWII

The US was late in WWI

It was a draw in Korea

And they lost in Vietnam

Cant even beat the Taliban

I've enjoyed watching you make us all laugh at your version of history, Russian wins WWII, this is the best one yet.

IKR
That's pretty funny. Must be Russian or loyal eastern European.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Russia got their asses handed to them by the Japanese pre WWII .reply to: Willtell

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Indeed, but it was one of many issues. Not the sole factor

An example is production. Germany simply could not compete with the industrial might of the Soviet Union or the United States. For every Panzer IV or Panther produced (quite inferior tanks too, especially late-production panthers) the USSR could produce 10 T-34s or T-34-85s the US could produce about 8 Shermans. That's just on example, but it is true for all production during the war. Everything from food to aircraft.

The German industrial machine never really took off. For example the UK enacted total war measures almost immediately. The Germans did not enact total war measures until 1944, by which time it was far too late to make any difference. The total war programme was also hampered by political bickering amongst the Nazi grandees, with Goebbels, Bormann, Himmler and Speer all arguing who should be given power to enact such measures.

Germany was running out of manpower full stop. By January 1945 the Nazis were conscripting children as young as 12, the elderly and those physically unfit for military service into the military. The Soviet Union had a far greater manpower pool for replacements, as did the United States.

Furthermore for some reason they concentrated all their veterans into "elite" units, like Panzer Lehr Division. While probably good on paper, it robbed other units of the experience these men had. The Soviets did this too with their Guards divisions, but they had far greater freedom when it came to the use of manpower resources.

The German Army wasn't "better" equipped than contemporary military powers in 1939. They were certainly far better than the Polish, but the French were, on paper, better equipped than the Germans, with a technologically and numerically superior army and navy (though lacking in the air department). The key here was how they used their forces. The German Army strategically outmaneuvered the French Army, which was led quite poorly. Public morale was a big factor in the fall of France, support for the war was quite low, compared to Germany where public support for the war was high.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Idiots.

You're welcome.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That is quite disrespectful to over ten million Russians, Ukrainians, Belarusians, and other Soviet citizens who died fighting Nazism on the Eastern Front. It was the most brutal, and decisive theatre of the war in Europe. The Nazi military was defeated by the Soviet Union.

Honestly the Western front pales in comparison to the horror of the East.

You should show more respect. I certainly do.
edit on -050012pm10kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Mr Headshot

Russia has only ever bullied its neighbors. What war did they ever win. Other than when we joined them during WWII???

Only every time they've been invaded.

Just counted through going back to 1922, Russia was involved in 40 conflicts. 26 were considered victories, five defeats, and nine inconclusive, stalemates or cease fires.

source
Pretty good record.
edit on 5-10-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: Mr Headshot
That's awfully bold. I understand the U.S. Kind of corners the market in pure technological prowess, but I mean, nobody has EVER beaten Russia in a full war. War may have changed, we don't need boots. But I still say that's an awfully brazen thing to say.
Not true, it's just that people fail in INVADING Russia historically due to its vastness and the winter.

Your also failing another key ingredient,strong Russians!
True. But if you look at both Hitler and Napoleon, they both failed in large part due to the winter and being deeply overextended, and mismanagement of both. If Stalin hadn't both had millions of people to throw at Germany, and vast help of the West, Germany would have won.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join