It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Army Chief of Staff Gen.: 'US military...will beat you harder than you have ever been beaten'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The wars I have seen fought were mainly against militia type, poorly trained, old weapons, but still manage to stay in the fight. I would wonder the outcome against a superpower. Not bashing my country or our military as I served too I am just saying. A real war against a real military superpower would play out much different than Iraq or Afghanistan, I would think.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

I think that's precisely why people are foaming for a "real" or straightforward war. It's ww1 all over again. People just want to win and nobody remembers the true cost of all out war between superpowers.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The last time the United States tried to win (IMHO), it was a decisive victory. I think we have no idea what the U.S. is capable of if their only goal is to just win. We have no idea what secret technology they have.

"And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win!" - John Rambo

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is a stupid argument.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

America has a big army that's very well trained with some of the best gear to fight wars

Their navy and airforce are superb

Can they be beaten in coventinual war,who knows?

They might have all the best equipment but if the other guy with a good big army etc has better tactics that could be the game changer

Hopefully none of us will see a future full out global war

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: FrontRunner

My bad, i'm sure they could beat some countries too.

Like Paraguay, or Rwanda.

The Invasion of Grenada was the greatest chapter in American Military History.

I have to ask, what was your country during World War II?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

That's kind of ignoring the whole bombing campaigns and damage the West done, the bombings might not have put as many bodies in the ground as the Russians but it did help tremendously. The German war machine was missing cogs and gears by 1942-1943 and it's probably worth noting that the alliance had more regular shipments to Russia by then, shipments that allowed the Soviets to drive forward and build their own factories and thus supply their own war machine... It helps advancing forward when a machine gun is at your back too.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FrontRunner
a reply to: Willtell

Time WILLTELL I suppose.

You got it!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Headshot

Exactly,people of our grandfather and grandfathers generations knew war only sadly too well

My great grandfather was awarded highest medal for a grunt when he went back into no mans land to retrieve his officer who was wounded and dragged him back to the trenches even after he suffored horrific head injury that resulted in a metal plate in his skull after WW1

He also had the misfortune to see his best mate run past him briefly just after his head was blown clean off on anther stupid over the top charge,that effected him a lot

They were all young lads and friends who grew up together (London lads ) and WW1 was nightmare

My grandfather was a desert rat and fought through North Africa and up through Italy

We are the lucky generations and I hope that luck holds out for our children and our children's children that we don't see conflicts like that ever again

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

The USSR won the war in Europe.

Really because there was still fighting in Europe with US forces without the Russians...remember France who liberated it?

It wasn't the Rusians...so how again did they win the war in Europe?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Russia won WWII

The US was late in WWI

It was a draw in Korea

And they lost in Vietnam

Cant even beat the Taliban

And in all of those cases it was the American citizenry who couldn’t stomach the fight not the military. Democracy is a bitch when it comes to war – to many chiefs

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Irrelevant much? The liberation of France didn't decide the outcome of the war. The war was already lost for Germany by then.

America did win the war in the pacific though. A greatly overlooked theatre imo.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Headshot
That's awfully bold. I understand the U.S. Kind of corners the market in pure technological prowess, but I mean, nobody has EVER beaten Russia in a full war. War may have changed, we don't need boots. But I still say that's an awfully brazen thing to say.
Not true, it's just that people fail in INVADING Russia historically due to its vastness and the winter.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The wars I have seen fought were mainly against militia type, poorly trained, old weapons, but still manage to stay in the fight.

Hard to fight an unconventional fight with conventional tactics.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floridagoat

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Ohanka
The US Military will beat people "harder than ever" with less men and equipment than ever before in the past 70 years?

IIRC US Army rarely trains for operations above the battalion level.

Maybe if you're someone with only AKs and Pickup trucks operating in the Sahara Desert.

I dunno seems like flamboyant boasting.

Your right look ay history, the vaunted US army can beat Granada, Panama, and other little pipsqueak countries but when it goes up against any great or medium great power it never has won.

Russia won WWII

The US was late in WWI

It was a draw in Korea

And they lost in Vietnam

Cant even beat the Taliban

I've enjoyed watching you make us all laugh at your version of history, Russian wins WWII, this is the best one yet.

Read The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer, you'll really enjoy that ( if you could handle 1500 pages)and see that Hitler’s stupidity of attacking Russia was what won WWII( two front war). Imagine if Hitler would have stayed an ally with Stalin wed all be speaking German and many of US wouldn’t be here

www.amazon.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Not true, it's just that people fail in INVADING Russia historically due to its vastness and the winter.

The winter is the biggest thing...just ask Germany as they were not prepared for the Russian winter, and I imagine if they were they may have defeated Russia.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: Mr Headshot
That's awfully bold. I understand the U.S. Kind of corners the market in pure technological prowess, but I mean, nobody has EVER beaten Russia in a full war. War may have changed, we don't need boots. But I still say that's an awfully brazen thing to say.

Your also failing another key ingredient,strong Russians!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The German Army's defeats at Moscow stalled them completely. Their defeat at Stalingrad put them on the defensive footing.

After the disastrous Kursk offensive and crushing Soviet counter offensive the German Army on the East was broken. They could no longer launch any offensive operations.

The war was lost for Germany in 1943. Everything else was just delaying the inevitable. D-day and Italy sped up this process a great deal, but by the time of these operations Germany had no opportunity for victory outside of some nonsense thought up by some pulp alternate history writer.

One could argue the war was lost from the moment of launching Operation Barbarossa, there's a good deal to say about that but I don't subscribe to that view. Had the Soviet Army not miraculously pulled itself together when it did things could've ended quite differently.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

It's a good point.

The US military belongs to a nation of free individuals, it's easy to say the US lost in many wars but ultimately the only thing that has ever stopped the US war machine is US citizens and their stomach for war.

Nobody has actually defeated the US military, these losses such as Afghanistan or Vietnam are not actual defeats. Both cases the US had plenty in reserve and could have stayed indefinitely. It's not like Abrams tank's and AC-130's were left smouldering in the desert, morality is the biggest issue facing the US military.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

The Soviet Army defeated the German onslaught. Not the "winter". The Winter certainly complicated the logistics of the whole effort, but to attribute their defeat to that, and only that, is historical fiction.

It wasn't even the primary factor to the failure of the Moscow assault.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join