It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some see Bigfoot photo-bombing Michigan eagle's nest cam

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Call me crazy but I don't see some one going through the trouble to use this camera to hoax at being big foot.... The possibility of it not being seen and the relatively small area that he could be seen in makes me think that its not a hoax. That being said it could just be a person out there roaming around and not a great ape.

To the people that says it moves in to human of a fashion, I have to ask what do you base that assumption on? Bigfoot is supposed to be a bipedal creature with roughly the same body mechanics as a human, so in theory his movement should be closely related to ours, and less so of that of an ape as most apes still use there arms and hands while walking and only walk on there legs at times.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

To the people that says it moves in to human of a fashion, I have to ask what do you base that assumption on?

50+ years of observing humans and animals move about.

My assumption is that Bigfoot would move through the woods with more agility than a human would.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

I still dont get it..... there is no way that bigfoot exists and the gov doesnt know about it.... the only way it is not an open fact is because the gov is covering this up.... the question is why?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I thinks some of the human like movements lean toward it not being a hoax. A hoaxer would likely make more pronounced mannerisms. Bigfoot could walk like that, but there's not enough evidence either way.

The theory about someone wearing dark clothing and just walking through seems like a good one, but if it's a man he's a big man.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It really, really looks like a ghillie suit, especially the legs. Also, I read on another forum this footage was recorded in May. Not sure if that means anything to anyone. I've already forgotten the URL. Also, BFRO has a few sightings from Manistee, Benzie, and Leelanau Counties, the most recent one being from December 2014, if that means anything.

Now, I might do this wrong, but here it goes:

I'm gonna use the rule of thirds to show how difficult it might be to hoax this camera. In the rule of thirds, the image is broken down into 9 areas, like so:

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

I've probably numbered them wrong, but I'm using this system anyway.

Now, you've got to be in grid 3 to get on camera, which is where the subject is. The nest takes up most of the screen. How would you - as a hoaxer - find the exact area of woods the camera records in grid 3, walk through it, hope someone watching the eagle nest cam spots you, captures the footage, trims the footage, uploads the clip, and claims it's a possible Bigfoot sighting?

I've got no answers, but I'm going with hunter in ghillie suit during wild turkey spring season.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

While I won't discredit the theory of a ghillie suit, I didn't see any protrusions or anything else to make me think it was a hunter with a weapon, unless he is hunting super Rambo style and only using a knife that can't be seen. A bow would stick out like a sore thumb and so would a rifle in my opinion.

I will say this when the thing jumps off the log it almost looks playful like when my daughter jumps off a small ledge.

Unfortunately the forced perspective with the close up of the eagles nest makes it hard to determine a size on whatever it was.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop

To the people that says it moves in to human of a fashion, I have to ask what do you base that assumption on?

50+ years of observing humans and animals move about.

My assumption is that Bigfoot would move through the woods with more agility than a human would.

He doesn't seem to be as agile as I would expect which leads me to believe it is a human in a costume. Bigfoot is supposed to live in the wilderness. The creature is adept at avoiding humans apparently. Therefore, I expect it to be much more agile than is shown in this video.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

I agree, it would only make sense that a creature would move very gracefully in its native habitat. Just look at how deer can run full sprint through a dense forest and we have to pick and choose a path and move along at a much slower methodical rate.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I actually like the video quite a bit, it just jumped out as being too light on it's feet vs the size it looks, if that makes any sense, hence my immediate jump to the ghillies suit thing. And the arms in the air, if you loop at 45 sec looks off to me.

I would love to see a real video...

What is your take on the Lettuce Lake video?

edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: added vid

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

How do you figure? We find animals that are "new" or long since thought extinct often enough that a small population of big foot feet? Could potentially live without garnering more that mythological status.

I can even postulate as to why we don't find remains of the deceased, as most times they are spotted near or around areas with vast natural cave systems its not illogical to think that they might inhabit regions of the cave system (possibly where the idea of trolls and goblins came from?) if they were to inhabit said cave systems it would stand to reason that the dead would be located inside the systems making it difficult or next to impossible to find them.

You could also postulate that they are a cannibalistic society and eat there dead, or they bury there dead the theories can go on and on and on.

But for me personally if they do exist I like to imagine them as cave dwellers with a society that is more advanced than animalistic. Including a verbal language and social hierarchy mostly because this can explain away a lot of why we do not see them regularly or find much in the way of proof for there existence.

But once again maybe I'm just a little crazy....ha ha

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Interesting vid.

One thing i noticed about his movements that makes me think it could possibly be bigfoot is the manner in which he steps/jumps over the log.
I remember a case somewhere (video footage as well) where someone had come across bigfoot tracks in the snow that continued on for a good amount of distance, i believe he counted somewhere close to 100 continuous steps. One very peculiar thing he noticed about its walking posture is that every time it walked thru a 'grassy area' (snow was melting) or stepped over a log it would do it sideways. It literally turned its feet to the side and walk somewhat sideways over logs or sometimes even jump.

It makes sense why it would do it across a grassy field as to avoid getting annoying cuts in between your toes, but doing it over a log just puzzles me and i find it very interesting.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
a reply to: 4003fireglo

While I won't discredit the theory of a ghillie suit, I didn't see any protrusions or anything else to make me think it was a hunter with a weapon, unless he is hunting super Rambo style and only using a knife that can't be seen. A bow would stick out like a sore thumb and so would a rifle in my opinion.

I will say this when the thing jumps off the log it almost looks playful like when my daughter jumps off a small ledge.

Unfortunately the forced perspective with the close up of the eagles nest makes it hard to determine a size on whatever it was.

Right! I thought about that. I can't see a bow, a gun, or even a hiking stick. That's why I suspect it's a thug life turkey hunter with a 9 in his ghillie suit pocket.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

If the video is real, it is amazing proof that apes populate that area, I assume since he mentions skunk apes that the video footage is from around Florida with that being said. In my opinion the most logical explanation for skunk apes is they are apes not big foot, its not hard to fathom that during a hurricane or for other reasons some apes were liberated from a zoo, made there way to the swamp lands in the area and protested and settled it as there new habitat.

There is tangible proof this is the case with some large snake breeds that now litter the Florida swamps in small but growing numbers.

Its also believable that zoos in the area in years gone by might forget to mention the escapes and just pushed it under the rug....

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I agree there are a ton of invasive species from shipping imports and released pets.

I canoe at this park, it is in the middle of Tampa. If you will notice it is about 6 ft tall.

I hear this video was a hoax.

I was going to go find the spot and check it out, after this little hoax video incident, I take a little more pessimistic approach to their authenticity.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I looked into Carbon TV a bit, I wasn't sure who they were. I did not find much on the video in question as to the logistics employed. They do seem a fairly high quality channel with a lot of folks watching, and a bit of controversy on YT as to some of their content on hunting.

The one thing that I noticed about the movement was the hesitation. Lingering behind the tree, possibly assessing the safety or concealment of it's move. The playful ease of the jump may be due to fact that it's muscle mass is so fine tuned. We're a bunch of unfit creatures and everything is hard. The ease of the jump could have been playfulness. After all it lives in the woods, free of electronic pollution, noise, hatred, and world gone mad.

It is one of the more interesting I've seen. S&F

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

originally posted by: Greggers
Is that a public feed?

Yes, the live feed is here:

www.carbontv.com...

Nobody home, except for 1 feather.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Good footage. My amateur opinion is its another clever hoax. Many reasons are obvious but the movement isn't right, and it all reeks of childs play for a known camera. Or Bigfoot disinfo campaign put on by...Bigfoot? Haha. I would even bet we never get any legit cam footage from a recorder left on and taping. There's good reason this is all still myth.
Look at Bigfoot, aliens, and some other more "supernatural" happenings from a more spiritualistic sense, and combine that with everything you can learn about dark matter. At that point, you may see things far differently or even gain great enlightenment.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

It is an interesting clip. At one point the subject looks almost playful and jumps up on the deadfall. But with the distance and the blur/blob factor, this can really be anything. If the film had surfaced earlier, there might have been a chance of obtaining footprints. So it's just an interesting clip.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have seen one in Mi while hunting. Here is my report: Sighting

For me it isn't a question if they exist. I can't tell what that footage is though. The focus was on the nest leaving the background seriously blurred. This time of year is a good time for scouting for upcoming Archery and then gun deer season. Building blinds, etc. Chances are it is a hunter, but who knows.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
But with the distance and the blur/blob factor, this can really be anything.

Well, it is said that Bigfoot is naturally blurry. As for the reason why, opinion is divided on the subject. Some say the blurriness effect comes from the permanent use of a cloaking device. Others say the reason is that Bigfoot is constantly in and out of this dimension, hence the blurry and out-of-focus visual effect whenever someone tries to capture him on camera.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join