It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems are a bunch of hypocrites on taxes!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I get a kick out of this new cry of the democrats that Trump didn't pay his taxes, that he found loopholes to avoid paying taxes. How is that not what every damn one of us does? Any business owner in this country, whether large or small, finds ways to reduce his taxes by having write off expenses. And, every person who works and gets a paycheck finds ways to either reduce what is taken out each week or when tax time comes along, finds credits and what ever other way to get as big a tax refund as possible. Not a person among you likes to pay taxes and will pay as little as you can. Hillary herself has done it, even reporting losses in the hundreds of thousands of dollars... to avoid paying tax. What a bunch of hypocrites.

PS. What Trump does to avoid taxes is totally legal, laws created by the people we've elected to make these laws. Ask them to change it if you don't like it, but for now, stop the whining!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

I say we all just stop paying taxes. That will get their attention real fast.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Ah yes. They do it, so why should it bother you that I do it?

You know what the difference between Trump, and a person who actually works for a living is? Trump can afford to pay the tax he avoids paying. Just saying. Perhaps its time your people elected a president who is not stinking rich and part of the problem? Thats a thought, eh?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I'd just like to point out that I do not play games to avoid my taxes, I don't use loop holes, and when I file I don't lie- and it costs me a fortune.

It's not that I don't want to, mind you- I could use a few extra bucks like anyone else. I'm just not willing to risk an audit- I'm too busy working to deal with something like that.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
How about Ten times Donald J Trump criticised people for not paying enough taxes.

amp.timeinc.net...

Or how about the time he lectured the poor for not paying enough taxes.

www.gq.com...

How about the time he moaned about a fellow billionaire not paying enough taxes.

www.independent.co.uk...

You speak of hypocrites, yes.
Look no further than DJT.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Ah yes. They do it, so why should it bother you that I do it?

You know what the difference between Trump, and a person who actually works for a living is? Trump can afford to pay the tax he avoids paying. Just saying. Perhaps its time your people elected a president who is not stinking rich and part of the problem? Thats a thought, eh?

Who cares if he can afford it. That's not the point. The law says he can do it. Millions upon millions of Americans do it, as I'm sure our British friends do as well. The purpose is to make more money. It's all about making more money. And, what about Hillary? She can afford it too. She avoids taxes too. Where's the media outcry about her write offs.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Well I care, and I daresay that there are Americans who care about that particular fact a great deal. Of course, Hillary does it too, and again, that makes everything alright does it?

Please, stop, just stop trying to legitimise the behaviour of this man, using the behaviour of his opponent. We KNOW that they are both as evil as sin, morally retarded, incompetent, compassionless goons, and that neither one is presidential material in not only an ideal world, but in a severely compromised hellscape like the one we are in today. The fact that anyone is thinking of voting Democrat or Republican at all this election frankly appalls me, because I was sure there were some smart, awake, aware people in your country, yet none of them seem to be prepared to speak up against this absolute clusterbang.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Then conservatives are also hypocrites on taxes. They claim to hate "welfare moochers" for not paying their fair share, then they go out and nominate a billionaire moocher that doesn't pay his fair share! Hypocrites! Both of them are just following the laws but conservatives cowardly only shame the poor for doing it.

It's the same for things like bankruptcy, where poor people are shamed for not being able to pay back their debts, with some conservative run States even arresting people for not paying their debts. But a billionaire moocher like Trump can cause multiple companies to file for bankruptcy (and shaft the employees and debt holders in the process) and he's rewarded with a chance to be president! Hypocrites!

(Note: I don't actually consider using social programs to be "mooching". I'd rather my tax dollars go to help people in need than pay for wars or subsidize billionaires. I'm just pointing out the decades-long conservative talking point of "welfare queens" supposedly being moochers. And HERE's a link to the 7-ish States with debtor prison policies. Almost all of them are Republican controlled. Hypocrites!)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Well I care, and I daresay that there are Americans who care about that particular fact a great deal. Of course, Hillary does it too, and again, that makes everything alright does it?

Please, stop, just stop trying to legitimise the behaviour of this man, using the behaviour of his opponent. We KNOW that they are both as evil as sin, morally retarded, incompetent, compassionless goons, and that neither one is presidential material in not only an ideal world, but in a severely compromised hellscape like the one we are in today. The fact that anyone is thinking of voting Democrat or Republican at all this election frankly appalls me, because I was sure there were some smart, awake, aware people in your country, yet none of them seem to be prepared to speak up against this absolute clusterbang.

Can definitely agree with some of your points. And no, it doesn't make it right, but it is legal.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Anybody that pays more taxes than is required by our current tax laws is an idiot.

Democrats want to raise taxes.
They pay what is required.
That's not hypocrisy.

Trump wants manufacturing to be done in america.
He uses foreign labor now.
That's not hypocrisy.

Following the rules that are currently in place and wanting to change those rules is not hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Your Trump example is wrong. If he really wanted manufacturing to be done in America, he'd be manufacturing his products in America. If you're really against drugs, you don't use or sell drugs. If you're really against child abuse, you don't abuse children. If you're really against stealing, you don't steal. And if you're really against outsourcing, you wouldn't outsource when given the chance to. That's a very simple concept.

ETA: Also, hypocrisy has nothing to do with following rules. Hypocrisy is about saying one thing and doing another. in fact, here's the Webster's definition for hypocrite HERE:

Simple Definition of hypocrite: a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs

So by definition, Trump is being a hypocrite.

edit on 5-10-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
what's a fair share? If you don't pay your federal taxes, the Obama admonition will come after you, with full force
how do you think trump filing for bankruptcy, hurt his employees? It protected their jobs. He had X numbers of employees before he filed then he had just about the same number of employees after. Saving American Jobs, #MAGA

Trump paid the taxes that were required, the per Bluntone22, that's not hypocrisy, right?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

If Trump wanted manufacturing done in America, then he would be doing all his manufacturing in America. He is not, so he does not. Lets face it, he can afford to do that and still make money, just not millions per hour of it. More like millions every few hours, which is still profitable unless you wipe your rear with Old Masters that you have on a roll, and use pureed caviar as dish soap.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

And if democrats believed rich people should pay more taxes they would pay more than they owe.
Same thing. Cuz they are rich.

Trump uses foreign labor because free trade laws make it cheaper to do so. Paying more than he has to is foolish and bad business. He wants to change those laws changed.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

And if democrats believed rich people should pay more taxes they would pay more than they owe.
Same thing. Cuz they are rich.

Trump uses foreign labor because free trade laws make it cheaper to do so. Paying more than he has to is foolish and bad business. He wants to change those laws changed.

So you're completely ignoring the fact that Trump is a hypocrite by definition?

And no, Trump uses foreign labor in Mexico & China because he likes taking advantage of NAFTA and our trade deals with China. There are plenty of American companies that only use American labor, particularly small businesses. But Trump refuses to do that because he prefers to hire foreign workers when he could hire American workers instead.

It's both sad and funny how far his supporters are willing to go to justify his blatant contradictions and hypocrisy. I thought his supporters always said we should look at his business record as proof of his blah blah blah? But when we actually look at his business record, his supporters cry foul and deflect.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I don't find ways that will enable me to not pay taxes for 20 years...

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You also talk about his womanizer past yet forgive bill,,,,
They are all hypocrites!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

You also talk about his womanizer past yet forgive bill,,,,
They are all hypocrites!

When did I talk about his womanizer past or forgive Bill for his actions? Or are you putting other people's words in my mouth?

ETA: Also, you just said in a previous post in this very thread that Trump wasn't being a hypocrite. So now you're conceding that he is in fact a hypocrite? Just making sure we're clear here.
edit on 5-10-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Any conservative applauding Trumps gaming of the system can never say anything about people taking advantage of welfare again.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Every politician is critical of other politicians for doing the same crap they are doing.
Thus making them all hypocrites.

In these specific cases is said.
trump was not a hypocrite for using foreign labor and speaking against it.
I also said hillary is not being hypocritical for not paying more taxes than is required even though she thinks rich people should pay more.

Trump has also taken heavy criticism for his record with women. The same democrats that bitch about that don't bother talking about bill Clinton's rape trail.
Very short memories.
You specificly? Maybe not.
Clinton supporters? Mostly yes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join