It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Warned to Defuse Tensions with Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

so nothing on the bases.

It was to be expected.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The definition of totalitarianism is well-known and would apply equally to modern-day Russia, Iran and Syria.

Every state is authoritarian ... it's part of the definition of "state" and of "government."

No, every country that opposes America is not a totalitarian state. How puerile.

No, France would not qualify as a totalitarian state at this time and probably not for over 200 years or so. See Napoleon.

As to the rest of your purely rhetorical questions ... you're simply vastly oversimplifying for the sake of your rhetoric and there's no space here to correct each asinine statement in turn and stay on topic.

I made a mistake to interfere in this glutted thread of silly posturing and propagandizing, and I'm going to willingly withdraw.

Please feel free to declare victory and get back to it.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I think it is good that this call has gone out, but I fail entirely to believe that the individuals you listed above, issuers of the plea for sanity, are unaware that Obama is only the president, not one of the unnamed bankers who owns the Federal Reserve bank, which is actually the powerhouse in American politics, and whose owners essentially control the nation by controlling its money flow.

Being aware of this, they ought to have been aware that pleas to Mr Obama, as necessary and heartfelt as they surely are, will have all the actual effect of bouncing a marshmallow of a battleship hull, in so far as they will change anything geopolitically.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Astutely predicted by General Clark in this infamous video...

Im going to quote this video again just in case some of you haven't heard it even though it's been posted on ATS countless times.

The General needs to be heard loud and clear.

He makes it known our plan BEFORE 911!!! There isn't oil in Africa and no one is threatening to intervene in Africa. There is your sign folks!!

It's really that/this simple.

Oil = War
Oil= Terrorists
Oil= Mass Casualties

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

Traitor !!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Yeah, like Snowden right?

Oh wait... No, that's PATRIOT!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Gryphon66:

The Assad regime not only failed to protect its own people but waged war on them.

Where's your evidence to support the claim that Assad waged war on his own people? I really cannot believe that someone can be so misinformed as you are. If this understanding could dawn on you, you'd wake up to extreme embarrassment.

Here, watch this...information from a British journo who is covering the conflict in Syria from Aleppo. The video is in direct rebuttal to your claim.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I gave you a star.. truth hurts and Im not talking about your remark. Truth always comes out too... ALWAYS!

We have to stop and ask our self. What are we fighting over? Is it worth our children's lives to fight a war that isn't justified. Our vets coming back home are sickened with disease and trauma.. over what? F'n OIL!

It's a disgrace really.

Here is more of the "truth" coming out. Its hard to believe anyone in politics would have a heart, even a General. So be it.. he has a heart which is something you don't see these days.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Bashar al-Assad's airmen laugh as they drop barrel bombs on fellow Syrians - UK Telegraph

Amnesty International says that barrel bombs have been used to lay waste to civilian areas, claiming at least 11,000 lives since 2012. Last month alone, at least 85 were dropped on the city of Aleppo. The footage, obtained by al-Jazeera, appears to have been shot on a mobile phone inside a Syrian helicopter. These raids have become so frequent that the airmen behave as if they are following a mundane routine. They laugh and joke as they prime the weapons for use against their fellow Syrians.

You are mistaken.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Bashar al-Assad's airmen laugh as they drop barrel bombs on fellow Syrians - UK Telegraph

Amnesty International says that barrel bombs have been used to lay waste to civilian areas, claiming at least 11,000 lives since 2012. Last month alone, at least 85 were dropped on the city of Aleppo. The footage, obtained by al-Jazeera, appears to have been shot on a mobile phone inside a Syrian helicopter. These raids have become so frequent that the airmen behave as if they are following a mundane routine. They laugh and joke as they prime the weapons for use against their fellow Syrians.

You are mistaken.

Telegraph is Rupert Murdochs crap rag globalist propaganda outlet and therefore can not be treated as a legitimate source of anything but globalist propaganda. It is the most biased, opinion filled and unprofessional journalism I have ever come across. I am very surprised that any sane person reads this crap and takes it seriously.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Velatropa24

Really? You've never read the Guardian?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: Velatropa24

Really? You've never read the Guardian?

Lol, unfortunately i have

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Gryphon66:

You are mistaken.

Obviously, you didn't watch the video I linked for you, otherwise you would not respond with such a pithy statement. At least I know now why you are misinformed, you are taking what the MSM says as gospel.

The irony is that in you accepting the drumbeat put out by the MSM, as you click your fingers along to it, you have actually sided with ISIS! Wittingly or unwittingly you are supporting and condoning ISIS and all the non-Syrian mercenaries slaughtering Syrians.

By the way, your link doesn't work! Watch the video and be educated and informed.
edit on 5/10/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

SO ... we're going to damn sources it seems.

Ah yes, write off anything you don't find convenient to your argument to the "MSM."

There are photographs in the link I provided. References, etc.

You post one unnamed Youtube video (from the "Ron Paul Liberty Report") that you think wipes out years of Assad attacking his own people, and you're implicitly defending those actions by your attempted denial. Perhaps you might tell us why we should believe "Vanessa Beeley" from the report?

And perhaps you can tell us why you think that clap-trap sets aside the YEARS of evidence that the Assad regime has targeted its own people?

PS, the UK Telegraph link works fine.
edit on 5-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

I was being sarcastic MamaJ...

Hence the devil face. As far as I know this US admin has come down really hard on whistleblowers. Those critical of US war machine are usually branded traitors.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Velatropa24

You are mistaken.

Telegraph is Rupert Murdochs crap rag globalist propaganda outlet and therefore can not be treated as a legitimate source of anything but globalist propaganda. It is the most biased, opinion filled and unprofessional journalism I have ever come across. I am very surprised that any sane person reads this crap and takes it seriously.

Yet, you find blatantly biased Youtube videos credible?

Different strokes, I imagine. Care to address the actual material in the article, or shall we merely damn sources?
edit on 5-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Yeah, like Snowden right?

Oh wait... No, that's PATRIOT!

Didnt get that one...as far as I'm concerned..Snowden is a hero.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

"his own people" in this case are terrorists. They are attacking the Syrian Army. Back then they were throwing postmen off buildings for being employed by the state.

Nowadays many of "his own people" are in fact foreign mercenaries or foreign jihadists.

The comments in that article tell me enough. People just don't buy this propaganda crap against Syria.

The mainstream media is not reliable under normal circumstances, even less so when the articles are about a state or power that the US/West maintain hostile relations with.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Gryphon66:

SO ... we're going to damn sources it seems.

Yes.

Does supporting ISIS and the slaughter of Syrians in their own country not bother you. When the so-called rebels turned up in Syria, there was a mass exodus of Syrians towards Government-held areas of Syria for protection. All you are doing is spouting and parroting what you've read and seen from the MSM.

You are not informed, and you support the wrong side. Ohanka and I are trying to help you to free your mind.
edit on 5/10/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Velatropa24

You are mistaken.

Yet, you find blatantly biased Youtube videos credible?

Different strokes, I imagine. Care to address the actual material in the article, or shall we merely damn sources?

Let's not assume here. I have not even seen the video, yet you are teaching me about what I find credible or not. Ignorant much?

As far as the telegraph - i stand by my opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join