It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia tells citizens to ‘prepare for nuclear war with West’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: Lagomorphe

some of you guys are just...I dont know what word to use here.

Obviously the point of this thread is in the quote transmitted by the state sponsored TV service. It's not about annual Russian exercise.

Some people would rather die in the fires of a nuclear war than take their heads out of the sand to listen to anything that might be even remotely detrimental to Clinton.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yah..I'm feeling it.

I would suck ding dongs if it meant saving the world from the nuclear holocaust.

If nukes start flying...pretty soon we'll all understand...how all other issues quickly became irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: UKTruth

Yah..I'm feeling it.

I would suck ding dongs if it meant saving the world from the nuclear holocaust.

If nukes start flying...pretty soon we'll all understand...how all other issues quickly became irrelevant.

Do keep in mind which country your talking about here. Remember, the mentality of "It can't happen here.", "That'll never happen, stop making up stories." and many many other types of head-in-sand syndrome thinking goes on here.

Unless it's on Prime-time news, or a breaking news alert, most people thing it's all conjecture, and moot.

Unless it inpacts their tv, starbucks, and free wi-fi service, or burns their ugg boots.

The masses won't wake up until they see the bright flash of light, and of course by that point, it's to late.

Most consider Russia, by our own governments accord to be "finished" and a country full of "out-dated military equipment that couldn't stand up to the superior American hardware".

I really don't want to test out that ignorance for certainty. However, I feel we may be reaching that point where it will be "put up, or shut up.".

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It is about time all those people were made to have a go on the old peace pipe and to chill them out

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Most consider Russia, by our own governments accord to be "finished" and a country full of "out-dated military equipment that couldn't stand up to the superior American hardware".

that may very well be true...but never the less...all they really need is one that works. But in the end...that's really not the issue. The issue is rhetoric that scares me coming from the current US admin and those who will succeed them. A lot of war mongering and barking....doesnt really instill confidence in me. If I were in US...I could not vote dems...just on that issue alone...without even going deeper into the candidates.

When comes to nukes...I really dont care who started it or who will remain standing...we all lose equally. The point is all in the position of power should be trying to reduce the risk of a nuclear war...not promote it.

edit on 5-10-2016 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
There is no threat of nuclear war. Russia's economy is in the toilet and just keeps getting worse. With the possible prospect of even more sanctions Putin is doubling down on his current strategy to keep his populace docile. Blame all of Russia's woes on the West and position himself as the only one that protect the Russian people from the big bad Western boogeyman.

Let's not forget that it's Putin that has threatened the use of nukes a number of times the past few years. Not the US.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Nothing new under the sun as they say. Here we go, the 50's all over again. Fear, control. I would rather go with the nukes than become Russian or Chinese. And they know that.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Let's not forget that it's Putin that has threatened the use of nukes a number of times the past few years. Not the US.

So you feel is wise then to poke a bear ?

Just wait for me to put on my "I'm not with you" T-shirt.

There is no threat of nuclear war. Russia's economy is in the toilet and just keeps getting worse.

you are one of the anti Putin crowd...and you feel he is a madman...why does he need to have an economy to push a button ?

If he's mad...he wouldnt care about any of that. He can just order the nuke be fired.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Nobody short of multi billionaire oligarchs with prior knowledge of the event and access to a D.U.M.B could possibly prepare for a nuclear war.

Like the movie i'm sure all of you have seen as a child clearly states "The only way to win is not to play the game".

Russia just like all the rest of the nuclear capable nations are well aware of that fact so this is all just posturing really.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Russia just like all the rest of the nuclear capable nations are well aware of that fact so this is all just posturing really.

I wish I had your confidence...prior events dont give much hope in that direction. SO in essence..you're willing to gamble on that and completely ignore the current state of affairs.

I wonder if Kennedy felt the same way during the Cuban crisis.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

It did not happen during the Cuban missile crisis through did it?

Cooler heads prevailed. And that was when we really did not even know the full extent of the use of such weapons of mass destruction.

No point in annihilating one another if there is nothing to gain and no spoils of war to be had.

Why would TPTB wish to destroy 95% of there slave race and have nothing left to lord over and/or command?

Nuclear war is simply counter productive to "There" agenda of control which is why it will never happen.
edit on 5-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Russia is making a valid point here.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

To me, the essence of why Syria is so important to both the U.S. and Russia is explained in the story below:

1. Russia realizes that it can't lose in Syria.

2. Russia realizes that "[the U.S. is] responsible for any new terror attacks."

In other words, Russia realizes that it's fighting the U.S. over Syria. This is the point where Russia must draw a line in the sand, period as far as I can see because if Russia loses Syria, it will lead to a domino effect that threatens it as a nation. I believe we're seeing Russia drawing a line in the sand, and we're seeing it happening fast right before our eyes. I believe our only hope here is that the U.S. backs down. Paul Craig Roberts is saying that won't happen.

Moscow: Washington sabotaged Syria ceasefire, US responsible for any new terror attacks

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

t did not happen during the Cuban missile crisis through did it? Cooler heads prevailed. And that was when we really did not even know the full extent of the use of such weapons of mass destruction.

Just one cool head prevailed...and that was of your last human president. He played a great hand and avoided the catastrophe. It's worth to mention that his decision was opposed by the men with itchy finger on the trigger. So I wouldnt say that cooler heads prevailed. It was more of poker hand by the Kennedy...and it payed off luckily.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Paul Craig Roberts is saying that won't happen.

I think so too. With the current admin and what future seems to bring...I have low expectations.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

"Just one cool head prevailed...and that was of your last human president."

I'm from the U.K so he was not my president, although i do admire Kennedy.

"He played a great hand and avoided the catastrophe."

That's probobly just how the movies and history portray and record the event. Kennedy had his masters to answer to also i imagine, same with Khrushchev.

"It's worth to mention that his decision was opposed by the men with itchy finger on the trigger."

Stupid men with no real idea as to the implications of there actions should it have come to pass. The real masters of the military industrial complex would never be so short sighted as to cut off the hand that feeds them by initiating full on nuclear conflict.

"So I wouldnt say that cooler heads prevailed. "

If cooler heads had not prevailed we would not be having this conversation, there would be no internet we would be back in the postindustrial era, if even alive.

"It was more of poker hand by the Kennedy...and it payed off luckily."

Its always been a Poker hand, a game, you cannot win a hand of cards if you destroy 99% of the deck. These people don't rely on luck, they make there own.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

There is no way around it...whomever you support on the next US election. On this issue alone...it is quite clear that a vote for Hillary draws one step closer to the scenario from the OP.

This being the whole point to the propaganda exercise.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

No it's not. The United States will never use nukes as a first strike... Russia might have to, as it is outclassed by America and its allies in conventional warfare.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: AshFan

No it's not. The United States will never use nukes as a first strike... Russia might have to, as it is outclassed by America and its allies in conventional warfare.

Valid point.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

That could be a real problem for the U.S considering the antiquated technologies still in use in there ICBM silos never mind the fact that a significant percentage of the military personnel and officers in charge and responsible for the operation of such facility's have been found to be well below par.

Christ they apparently still use 5"1/4 inch disks to update targeting codes and guidance data to the missiles!

TPTB are obviously unconcerned with such a nuclear exchange taking place if they don't even bother to ensure the operational capability of such facilities.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 5-10-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join