It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama: NSA is not rifling through ordinary people's emails

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Barack Obama has sought to address European concerns over internet privacy in the wake of the National Security Agency surveillance scandal, insisting US authorities are not "rifling through the emails" of ordinary people and he is confident the US intelligence services have "struck the appropriate balance" between security and civil rights

Ok enough is enough. All this guy has done is lie.

Yahoo Inc last year secretly built a custom software program to search all of its customers' incoming emails for specific information provided by U.S. intelligence officials, according to people familiar with the matter.

The company complied with a classified U.S. government demand, scanning hundreds of millions of Yahoo Mail accounts at the behest of the National Security Agency or FBI, said three former employees and a fourth person apprised of the events.

mobile.reuters.com...

I put this in the mud pit because Obama is now "Black Bush"
All he has done is advance the neocon bush agenda of war and spying on americans.
He campaigned to bring troops home and restore privacy rights. He has done the opposite.
Tomorrow he is going to use the "fool me once, you cant get fooled again " line

His enduring legacy will be "Black Bush"!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

NSA is not rifling through ordinary people's emails

What is ordinary? I guess its whoever s emails they are not rifling through at that time.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Considering its a blanket program almost no one's emails are being looked at. The surveillance program is not credited with stopping anything.

I am more worried about the future. God forbid we use terrorist tools like accountability to our own government.

God forbid a grass roots politician get some traction without money or the blessings of the elites.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Considering its a blanket program almost no one's emails are being looked at. The surveillance program is not credited with stopping anything.

I am more worried about the future. God forbid we use terrorist tools like accountability to our own government.

God forbid a grass roots politician get some traction without money or the blessings of the elites.

My email shouldnt even be AVAILABLE to look at without a warrant!
We cant see our politicians emails, even with FOIA laws, but the govt gets all of mine. This is BS. This is unconstitutional.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Papers, effects, how did the founders know?

Black Bush santioned this crap. He is a dissapointment!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

"Barack Obama: NSA is not rifling through ordinary people's emails"

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well the former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would not be thought of or classified as ordinary. And, the NSA could have provided Congress with phone conversations between her aids and Hillary, the deleted 33,000 emails from her unsecured server and more by the asking. Then of course Hillary Clinton and many others from our government would have been in jail, to include the President. WikiLeaks in previous emails proved that Obama and Hillary started 3 civil wars without congressional approval, and yet here we set. If I recall correctly, starting such a war is called treason for each act.

So, I submit that the laws do not apply to the rich and power in this country, that we have all the proof needed even without the NSA from the WikiLeaks emails.

The very sad thing is, if people would take the time to read up on Hillary Clinton. She could not be elected dog catcher.

edit on 4-10-2016 by WishIKnew2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
What is ordinary?

Based on the Lois Lerner IRS fiasco, dollars to donuts "ordinary" is defined based on voting registration and records along with partisan donor records. This administration has proven, beyond any doubt in my mind, that they directly target anyone who doesn't bless their political agenda.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

You are correct that Obama furthered the agenda of the Bush administration. Though you should word it differently so people will hear you out.

Unfortunately our people have to care before the government looks out for our interests.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Yes of course, but not all people are bad and some are just foolish and easily mislead by the political criminals. Take for example, the support of Hillary Clinton by the majority of the back people. If they, would just take the time to watch just one move called "Hillary's America" most of that could change.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well, I wouldn't say they are "rifling."

More like systematically analyzing every word, hunting for alarm-generating phrases, cross referenced by various CC: lists, and stored for all time on a top-secret government server.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
If you like your privacy, you can keep your privacy.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

NSA is not rifling through ordinary people's emails

What is ordinary? I guess its whoever s emails they are not rifling through at that time.

Obama also said that the Average American's health insurance premium would decrease by $2,500. He has his own definition of what "Ordinary" and "Average" is.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Where in the Constitution does the NSA get mentioned? Why do they even exist?

Disband them. We have the CIA and FBI and they are bad enough.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It all sits in storage until you assert yourself and then it becomes noteworthy.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The NSA search light has no ability to point inward. Congress should not have to wait over a year to get communication traffic. For that alone the plug should be pulled on the NSA. They do nothing for for the American people. Clapper lied to Congress, Obama lied about his alias emails to Hillary...it's out of control.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

What is your point?

We have known that there is no effective difference between the democrat and republican camps, because they are all owned and run by the same corporate agenda, that there is no peoples party of America, that American politics, perhaps more than that of any nation in the West, is dictated by the needs of the owners of the country, rather than the needs and attitudes of its people.

Where is the news here? Where is the surprise? What, essentially, is your point?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
People must always consider the opposite when ever Obama says anything.

He is a proven liar.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You can almost guarantee that whatever that man says, the opposite is true.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Either that, or his own definition of "decrease". Amirite?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join