It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines' Duterte tells Obama to 'go to hell'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Firebrand Philippine leader Rodrigo Duterte told US President Barack Obama to "go to hell" Tuesday, as he threatened to end his nation's decades-old alliance with the United States in favour of China and Russia.

The fresh tirade came as the Philippines and the United States launched annual war games that Duterte had already warned may be the last of his presidency, in response to US criticism of his deadly war on crime.
SOURCE

"Can't we just drone this guy?" If it's not being verbalized, I'm sure some of our esteemed leaders in Washington are having the thought.

Rodrigo Duterte has almost certainly signed his own death warrant if he carries through with his threats. The United States doesn't take independence by another nation easily, as we all know.

While I'm being slightly facetious above, I'm quite concerned for Duterte's safety. How do you see this situation playing out?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Well Prof? I read that today as well...and its easy to cuss out a Prez on the way out right? He waited until just the right time so that it wont have an adverse effect of his country.

Safer that way, right?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion The president is a sissy and Rodrigo Duterte knows it. He cant stand the stench of puppet

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

This guy is a psycho. He wants to be Hitler and said as much.
edit on 4-10-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

i was watching the tagalag news and couldn't believe what they were saying!
mean stuff...chjeese what is with them?
what i caught was them speaking about something personal about something...as per my translation...and i am not going into that mess!
great OP and we need more threads on countries not reported enough about!
hopefully i check the next news event in tagalag!
edit on 4-10-2016 by peppycat because: ughh

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

From what i understand of the guy it would not be a bad thing if he was removed....he is a scary dictator and this world does not need any more psychopaths running countries,there are already enough out there ....

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The people like him because he is building infrustructure and in turn bringing jobs to the citizens, this of course means people have money to spend from the infrustructure work, and that attracts businesses, making more jobs.

You can ignore a lot of things when a leaders decisions ultimately are putting food on your table.

I am concerned with this guys erratic behavior, but removing him from office would only enrage the public who see him as a wallet, and may end up making a bad situation much worse.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Can of worms here.....

There is a bit more than the financial situation the people where fed up with the financial corruption.. De Lima who "was" a senator was pointed out to be heavly involved in that and I did a thread about the on going situation. De Lima is also linked to leaving a body count in her wake..

www.manilatimes.net...

This is a older article outlining De Limas situation.

newsinfo.inquirer.net...

Bit of a back ground check, Duterte called out a number of people for corruption, De Lima "looks" to be guilty of running a massive drug supply chain for personal financial gain and to get money for her campaign bids..

The case is on going..

Just as I stated in previous threads the people here in the Philippines are very much still behind him, People wearing DU30 t shirts all over the place.. As stated also in previous threads the mindset of the average Filipino is about as far away as you will get from the Liberal west so make of that what you will...

Just my personal observation so you can maybe better understand the reason he is popular here with the natives..

RA

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Let me know if partnering with China fixes the shantytown cemetery poverty.

I'm serious, it's a residence thing over there. Squatting in the cemeteries, Vice has a decent video on it.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Let me know if partnering with China fixes the shantytown cemetery poverty.

I'm serious, it's a residence thing over there. Squatting in the cemeteries, Vice has a decent video on it.

No it will not help..

Only removing a absurd notion that God and the Catholic church give a dame will help solve the poverty that is driven by the stigma of using birth control that the "good church" tried to outlaw...

RA

top topics

join