It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VP Debate for the Less Polite

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I'll just leave this here....for "context".

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best," he said. "They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

And he does not say that ALL mexicans are rapists. Some of them are drug dealers. True. Some of them are criminals. True. Some of them are rapists. True.

Thank you for the context.

I know some people scoff at anecdote but I really don't care. People have lives and things happen in those lives that aren't always on video tape.

I used to run tables at a pool hall in a border town in New Mexico for a few years. One day a guy walks in the door and walks up to one of the girls standing there talking to her friend. She was a cute little blonde that hung around the place a lot. He said something to her. She shook her head and started to walk away. The guy grabbed her, spun her around, and smacked her in the face. A few seconds later he was bleeding and I had to replace a pool cue. But we dragged his dumb ass outside and waited for the police. They took him away. The next day I found out he was an illegal and he was going home. The same guy was back and causing problems five days later. Five days. He pulled in to the parking lot with a car full of buddies. A friend of mine who worked a drill rig had caught a rattlesnake, about a foot long, in his lunch box. He walked over to the car, opened the lunch box, showed them what was inside, then dumped it in the car with them. They bailed. The car was towed away. And they got another ride to the station. I didn't see him again after that.
edit on 5-10-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: kruphix

And he does not say that ALL mexicans are rapists. Some of them are drug dealers. True. Some of them are criminals. True. Some of them are rapists. True.

Thank you for the context.

Some of every group are, aren't they?

So, why single out one group?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The answer to that question is pretty obvious. He is talking about illegal immigration from mexico. The majority, not entirety, but majority of people coming from mexico are mexican. He addressed the majority in reference to the illegal immigration problem.

If he said it was x of this nationality, y of this nationality, and so on, people would do nothing but challenge his numbers, or whatever they would try to distract with. The issue is illegal immigration, not how many ways you can nitpick the issue and ignore the reality of the problem.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The answer to that question is pretty obvious. He is talking about illegal immigration from mexico. The majority, not entirety, but majority of people coming from mexico are mexican. He addressed the majority in reference to the illegal immigration problem.

If he said it was x of this nationality, y of this nationality, and so on, people would do nothing but challenge his numbers, or whatever they would try to distract with. The issue is illegal immigration, not how many ways you can nitpick the issue and ignore the reality of the problem.

I lived on the Mexican border. Guess what - - you can't tell a Native American Mexican from a Mexican Mexican - - - "they all look alike".

My ex son-in-law was Canadian. Guess what - - you can't tell a Native Born American from a Native Born Canadian - - - "they all look alike".

There are plenty of illegal Canadians.

edit on 5-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

And he does not say that ALL mexicans are rapists.

LOL...so that makes it ok?

Trump supporters are just completely clueless.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

No offense intended, but, what the hell did that mean??? It made no sense...

The majority of illegals coming from mexico are mexican. That is all. I didn't say there weren't illegal canadians, though I struggle to understand why there would be. And I made no reference to what they look like.

Is it that hard for you to just admit that we have a problem with illegal immigration, that the majority of people coming in from mexico are mexican, and that some of them are criminals (beyond the criminal act of entering this country illegally)? Is it really that hard to do?
edit on 5-10-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The majority of illegals coming from mexico are mexican. That is all. I didn't say there weren't illegal canadians, though I struggle to understand why there would be. And I made no reference to what they look like.

Is it that hard for you to just admit that we have a problem with illegal immigration, that the majority of people coming in from mexico are mexican, and that some of them are criminals (beyond the criminal act of entering this country illegally)? Is it really that hard to do?

It makes perfect sense.

You're talking about profiling. Whether you think you are or not.

I lived on the border. Most of those I knew just wanted a better life, a safe life, and better education for their children.

Most already had some family here.

There's already a criminal element among all groups.

But, when you target only one group - - of course you're gonna get counts.

The drug threats north and south

Marijuana and ecstasy are the biggest drug threats flowing in from the north, according to the National Northern Border Counternarcotics Strategy. The document says the groups responsible for the cultivation, production and distribution of these drugs in Canada and across the border are generally ethnically aligned. These include Vietnamese-Canadian, Indo-Canadian, Irish-Canadian and Italian-Canadian organized crime groups as well as the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club and independent transnational criminal organizations. Although concentrated mainly in the western Canadian province of British Columbia, ecstasy and marijuana are also smuggled across the border in the eastern provinces of Ontario and Quebec, at or between ports of entry. cronkite.asu.edu...

edit on 5-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

And he does not say that ALL mexicans are rapists.

LOL...so that makes it ok?

Trump supporters are just completely clueless.

Then why are democrats the party of the poor? It's high time y'all learn who wears the pants in this dichotomy and adjust your insults accordingly.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Too bad these types of criminals aren't publicly beaten to death when they're caught. Send the message, "Don't Tread On Me!!"

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It makes perfect sense.

You're talking about profiling. Whether you think you are or not.

I lived on the border. Most of those I knew just wanted a better life, a safe life, and better education for their children.

Most already had some family here.

There's already a criminal element among all groups.

But, when you target only one group - - of course you're gonna get counts.

The drug threats north and south

Marijuana and ecstasy are the biggest drug threats flowing in from the north, according to the National Northern Border Counternarcotics Strategy. The document says the groups responsible for the cultivation, production and distribution of these drugs in Canada and across the border are generally ethnically aligned. These include Vietnamese-Canadian, Indo-Canadian, Irish-Canadian and Italian-Canadian organized crime groups as well as the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club and independent transnational criminal organizations. Although concentrated mainly in the western Canadian province of British Columbia, ecstasy and marijuana are also smuggled across the border in the eastern provinces of Ontario and Quebec, at or between ports of entry. cronkite.asu.edu...

I lived on the border too. And most of the people I knew just wanted a better life. That is true. But that does not negate the idea that most of the people entering the US illegally from mexico are mexican. It is not profiling to simply state the truth. And it is no secret that a percentage of those people are criminal beyond the simple criminal act of entering the country illegally. It is not profiling to say that either. It is just the truth. There are criminal elements to all groups. That is true. But the subject was the Trump comment about "mexican criminals entering the US illegally from mexico". That does not deny or minimize the criminal element from other sources in any way. It does, however, stay on topic and address the threat of criminal acts from illegal aliens entering the country from mexico.

As far as profiling goes, it works. The FBI has a highly paid and well respected position within its ranks called Profiler. They use profilers because profiling works. There is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is to ignore valuable information because it might hurt someones feelings.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Gotta love the aftermath of the debate:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Then vote Hillary, she looks like she is about to drop down dead harnessed between the shafts like a Victorian cab horse.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea
a reply to: Grimpachi

Then vote Hillary, she looks like she is about to drop down dead harnessed between the shafts like a Victorian cab horse.

Seriously!!!!

Did you watch the presidential debate?

Wasn't Hillary that looked tired and over blown.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join