It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

VP Debate for the Less Polite

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Grambler
Graham is like me or you, just giving his opinion.

Did I say otherwise?

It was addressed to Kruphix, because he said this:

"Vice Presidents are the candidates attack dogs, that's their role. They don't have to look Presidential, they do the dirty work. They also defend their candidate. The main point is that the VP is there for their candidate, not themselves. The entire point of the VP debate is to defend your candidate and attack the opponent."

I didn't say you said otherwise. I am just pointing out that Grahams supposed expertise is a joke.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Did I say otherwise?

"Vice Presidents are the candidates attack dogs, that's their role. They don't have to look Presidential, they do the dirty work. They also defend their candidate. The main point is that the VP is there for their candidate, not themselves. The entire point of the VP debate is to defend your candidate and attack the opponent."

I didn't say you said otherwise. I am just pointing out that Grahams supposed expertise is a joke.

Does that make yours a joke too?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Did I say otherwise?

Does that make yours a joke too?

Yes, absolutely! If I ever have to resort to saying "Well I was a nationally qualified debater" to win an argument on ATS, god help me!

Graham is an expert on the game of collegiate policy debate. I would take him very seriously on matters of how to be successful there. But anybody that is remotely honest in that community would tell you that this game doesn't resemble anything close to what the public considers a debate.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

You can't even admit Trump got stomped by Hilary in the first debate so it's expected Trump supporters will lie no matter the outcome. That's your fault lol.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

His basic assertion here is that Trump is so bad that Pence can't defend him. I have gone through issue by issue and showed Pence's defense of Trump

LOL, that's hilarious.

Your list was basically saying "non-issue" to everything.

Pence failed, that is the consensus. "Won" on "style"....failed on doing his job.
edit on 5-10-2016 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

If I ever have to resort to saying "Well I was a nationally qualified debater" to win an argument on ATS, god help me!

Isn't that just what you tried to do?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

If I ever have to resort to saying "Well I was a nationally qualified debater" to win an argument on ATS, god help me!

Isn't that just what you tried to do?

No.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

His basic assertion here is that Trump is so bad that Pence can't defend him. I have gone through issue by issue and showed Pence's defense of Trump

LOL, that's hilarious.

Your list was basically saying "non-issue" to everything.

Pence failed, that is the consensus. "Won" on "style"....failed on doing his job.

And yet you couldn't be bothered to go through any of the post, nor could anyone else who keeps making the claim that Pence didn't defend Trump. Nor could you articulate any defense of Hillary that Kaine had on the issues that I brought up.

I said much more than they were non issues, but you know that.

Why don't you just do like you did on this thread last night, and just lie and make up things Kaine said?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

That seems to be the overall consensus.

"Was he accurate?" He had a radio show.

"Did he defend Trump?" He had a radio show.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

No one responded to your post because it wasn't worth responding to. How am I supposed to respond to delusions?

Just to entertain you, I'll respond to one of your arguments just to show how illogical you are.

Kaine said Trump was mean to women. Pence said that it was Hillary and her campaign that was relying on insults to win, and that they couldn't defend her record.

So your argument is that Pence defended Trump by completing ignoring the fact that Trump is a misogynist and tried to deflect on to Hillary.

You are just about as bad at defending your hero as Pence is.

Do you want another one?

Kaine brought up Trump saying Mexicans were rapists. Pence pointed out that there is a lot of crime from illegals, and showed that Trump said some of them are good people.

So here, Pence is just agreeing with Trump...that isn't defending him.

You just don't seem to get it, I think you are so blinded by your worship of Trump...that you can't even see how illogical you are.

So yeah, no one responded to your post because it wasn't worth responding to...it was an illogical post that was simply you making excuses for Pence and Trump.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here's what someone else says on Pence defending Trump

There's ONE.

PENCE THE IGNORER

Kaine repeatedly tried to hold Pence accountable for Trump's most explosive statements, opening the debate by calling him "Donald Trump's apprentice."

Pence did defend Trump over a New York Times report that Trump may have avoided paying taxes for nearly two decades. Trump, said Pence, used the tax code "brilliantly" during a "tough time."

But for most of the debate, Pence simply turned the attacks back on Clinton, leaving hanging questions about Trump's criticisms of a federal judge, women and immigrants. Rather than defend Trump's foreign policy positions, he criticized Clinton's "weak and feckless leadership."

At one point, Pence said he is "happy to defend" Trump, but then moved on to a discussion about Russia without addressing numerous issues raised by Kaine.

Kaine kept a tally of Pence's dodges, announcing more than an hour into the debate that Pence had avoided defending Trump six times.

www.yahoo.com...

edit on 5-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

No one responded to your post because it wasn't worth responding to. How am I supposed to respond to delusions?

Just to entertain you, I'll respond to one of your arguments just to show how illogical you are.

So your argument is that Pence defended Trump by completing ignoring the fact that Trump is a misogynist and tried to deflect on to Hillary.

Well what tactic to take. I could take the Kruphix approach, and just make up a lie and say Pence said something he didn't, and then when you call me out just ignore it. You know, like you did last night.

But you are right, I am delusional and a Trump worshiper.

Pence pointed out that this issue was being used to deflect from real issues, and he showed how Hillary uses insults. You make not like the defense, but he responded. How is this any different than say Kaines defense of Hillary for the emails, when he just said "Its not a big deal, the FBI cleared her".

You are just about as bad at defending your hero as Pence is.

Do you want another one?

So here, Pence is just agreeing with Trump...that isn't defending him.

How is agreeing with him not defending him? So if Kaine agreed with Hillarys Iran deal, that is not defending the policy? What a joke you are.

You just don't seem to get it, I think you are so blinded by your worship of Trump...that you can't even see how illogical you are.

So yeah, no one responded to your post because it wasn't worth responding to...it was an illogical post that was simply you making excuses for Pence and Trump.

Well you are a great person too! You are right, my comments are all delusional and illogical.

Not like your very well thought out posts where you just lie and say the candidates said things that they blatantly didn't. But you are not like me right? You are not a Hillary worshiper. When you ignore details, and make up flat out lies to defend Hillary you are showing just how logical and smart you are. You are very unbiased right?

I am sorry for interrupting your Hillary love fest. Please use your high minded intellect to go back to making up lies to support your candidate.
edit on 5-10-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Someone else calls your out on your obvious tactics ... paraphrase, strawman and redirect and what do you do in return?

You try to mimic their argument, and fail.

Are you feeling alright today? You seem off your game.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Someone else calls your out on your obvious tactics ... paraphrase, strawman and redirect and what do you do in return?

You try to mimic their argument, and fail.

Are you feeling alright today? You seem off your game.

Thanks for your concern for me. My allergies have been acting up, and I feel like I could use a trip to the chiropractor. I don't suppose you could help on either of these fronts.

You all can say what you want, it doesn't bother me.

I actually went through the debate and tried to give what I thought were Pences defenses. You may disagree, thats fine. But what people do is ignore any post that goes into detail, and just say "Nope, Pence didn't defend Trump"

I assume you arde talking about Kruphix when you say someone is pointing out my strawmans etc. This same person that actually made up lies about what Kaine said last night. And then when called out, refused to address it. But you are right, my tactics are awful.

And since you want to talk about tactics, lets look at the ones you use. You just state your opinion, back it up with no substance of the issue in question, and then use vague insults and comments on other peoples tactics when you have nothing to say.

Like in this thread. No substance, no mention of the things actually said in the debate. Just you saying things like Pence was a smug wingnut, and he didn't defend Trump. You don't mention Kaine not defending Hillary on positions, and when someone shows how Pence did try to defend Trump (rather successfully or not) you just say its all paraphrase and redirection.

Well I won't bother to ask you if you are feeling well, because this is your game 100% of the time. So at least we know you are healthy.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

LOL, agreeing with someone is not defending him. But I guess you are ok with Trump and Pence calling Mexicans rapist...good to know.

For most people who aren't racist, that isn't a defense...that is a disturbing fact that they both agree on that.

Like I said...you seem unhinged, you are rambling.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

We can say what we want? Gosh, thanks!

No, I can't heal long-distance, sorry.

You have a problem with folks who don't respond to your posts in the way you think they deserve? Good lord man, get off the internet.

I try to back up everything I state as fact with references. You're grossly generalizing because you apparently feel tweaked by the negative responses you're getting here.

You haven't quoted the debate transcript either, my man, you do what you always do: you PARAPHRASE to fit your agenda. Perhaps you're not aware of it. Do you really think that we, your fellow ATSers aren't?

We are.

You "don't bother to ask" most of the time ... you assign what you think others think and feel and mean and go from there.

Bah. Enough namby-pamby personal talk.

Feel better.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

We can say what we want? Gosh, thanks!

No, I can't heal long-distance, sorry.

You have a problem with folks who don't respond to your posts in the way you think they deserve? Good lord man, get off the internet.

I try to back up everything I state as fact with references. You're grossly generalizing because you apparently feel tweaked by the negative responses you're getting here.

You haven't quoted the debate transcript either, my man, you do what you always do: you PARAPHRASE to fit your agenda. Perhaps you're not aware of it. Do you really think that we, your fellow ATSers aren't?

We are.

You "don't bother to ask" most of the time ... you assign what you think others think and feel and mean and go from there.

Bah. Enough namby-pamby personal talk.

Feel better.

Hey I enjoy discussing things with you. You can criticize what I say, and I will do the same with you, but I respect your opinions and know that you are an intelligent person.

Its much more fun to talk with people that disagree with me than the other way around.

Plus I always win when I argue with you, so that makes it more fun.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I watched the debate and after giving this a lot of thought here is what I believe the ultimate goal was and it was accomplished last night in the debate.

While Kaine acted like Trump, that is true, however, he did manage to do several things.

The first thing is that he managed to show that Pence is accepting lies as truth, even refuting the things he himself has stated.

The next thing and this is one that was more interesting, he showed that no matter what Trump says, Pence is going to agree with it.

And the final thing and this is far more important, was to remind people of what all Trump has stated time and time again, even in the political rallies, keeping such alive in peoples minds.

While I had hoped that it would have been a bit more civil, and think that they need to have a mike cut off switch when candidates are going on and being rude and not following the rules of the campaign, ultimately, this is something that shows more about what is going wrong with the federal government. Neither side can agree on many things, and even when they do, take opposite positions.

What I was surprised is that he did not go after Pence on what Pence has done while in office, or his position and the extremes he was willing to go to get his way or to prevent such from occurring.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Is a self-declared victory really a "win" though? Seems more like auto-eroticism to me.

I just don't think in those terms.

/shrug

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

LOL, agreeing with someone is not defending him. But I guess you are ok with Trump and Pence calling Mexicans rapist...good to know.

For most people who aren't racist, that isn't a defense...that is a disturbing fact that they both agree on that.

Like I said...you seem unhinged, you are rambling.

That was taken out of context so badly. Trump did not say that all mexicans are rapists. He did say that some of the people sneaking across the border illegally are criminals who commit crimes like rape, murder, etc. I am so tired of people using this lame tactic. Take a simple statement and abstract it to apply to an entire nation, then shoot it down because it is using broad strokes and racist. If he said ALL mexicans are rapists, then you have every right to be angry and call him a racist. But he didn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join