It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

VP Debate for the Less Polite

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
a reply to: RedMenace16

hah, you guys are dreaming if you think Kaine won the debate.
Even Democratic media are saying Kaine got thumped.

I stood up and said Trump got belted in the debate, because he did.

I am clearly preferring Trump over Clinton, but at-least I can be mature enough to say ''yes, my guy lost''

Your got guy polly waffled and you cant admit it.... thats what I love about the Clinton folk... who needs reality, right?

Now, im just hoping Trump has learnt from the first debate so Trump/Pence can move forward!
edit on 5/10/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Is this debate worth a watch or not?

Didn't want to waste my time at first.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Pence appeared calm and collected, and looked like a retired 4 star general, while Kaine looked like a Freshman Senator.

it is almost as if the GOP were apologizing and telling America "Don't worry. Trump eats fast food on a daily basis and goes without sleep. We have a backup plan!"

Did we already forget that Cheney ran the White House as VP?

Why would any American, having seen a Cheney-Bush presidency, think the same could not happen again?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
CNN continues its sorry-azz ways. The network is whining because the moderator didn't pull a MoLester Holt on Mike Pence.

Story: money.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The aftermath of this debate here looks a lot like the prologue from the GOP that Pense "won" before the debate even started: to wit, utterly fake.

A few things are obvious though ...

Kaine won on facts.

Kaine won on dynamics.

Kaine won on inertia.

Given that Pense is a fairly standard version wingnut bot; none of the above is surprising in the least.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
So lets see... according to the left Kaine won big...

According to the right... Pence won big..

Most of the more moderate folks give pence an edge because he didnt act like an unhinged nut job for the entire debate.

Heck most of the talking heads on CNN even gave the edge to Pence..

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The aftermath of this debate here looks a lot like the prologue from the GOP that Pense "won" before the debate even started: to wit, utterly fake.

A few things are obvious though ...

Kaine won on facts.

Kaine won on dynamics.

Kaine won on inertia.

Given that Pense is a fairly standard version wingnut bot; none of the above is surprising in the least.

Just like Clinton won the Presidential debate fairly easily, Pence won the VP debate fairly easily.
Kaine came across as a someone just regurgitating what he had been told to say and it spewed out. He was an embarrassment.
Pence was calm and came across as his own man.
Easy win for him, not that it makes much difference, though Kaine was so bad that if ever a VP debate could make a difference it would be this one.
edit on 5/10/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
So lets see... according to the left Kaine won big...

According to the right... Pence won big..

Most of the more moderate folks give pence an edge because he didnt act like an unhinged nut job for the entire debate.

Heck most of the talking heads on CNN even gave the edge to Pence..

'unhinged nut job' is exactly what Kaine sounded like.

For CNN to give the debate to Pence, you KNOW he won easily!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Pense was "his own man"? LOL. Sure, I heard earlier that he was an obvious "alpha" too.

Pense utterly failed in his only important job ... he had no explanation or defense for most of Trump's positions and statements.

The only thing he did was the typical attempt to blame Clinton for what Trump does ... all the garbage about an "insult-ridden campaign"?

Absolute baloney.

Kaine did seem fairly aggressive and I guess it's fair to say he wasn't "nice" ... Pense did try to counter that with a boring attempt at aplomb. Didn't work from where many are sitting.

Pense may have won a few points with the GOP establishment for 2020 ... but he accomplished little else.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Wait, wait, wait ... haven't we been hearing for weeks that the Clinton News Network is in the bag for Hillary???

Now you're applauding them for fair and balanced journalism for supporting your contention that Pense won???

Which is reality here?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Wait, wait, wait ... haven't we been hearing for weeks that the Clinton News Network is in the bag for Hillary???

Now you're applauding them for fair and balanced journalism for supporting your contention that Pense won???

Which is reality here?

For CNN to give the debate to Pence, you KNOW he won easily!

Kind of self explanatory

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Kind of self explanatory

Nah.

More like self-contradictory.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Pense was "his own man"? LOL. Sure, I heard earlier that he was an obvious "alpha" too.

Pense utterly failed in his only important job ... he had no explanation or defense for most of Trump's positions and statements.

The only thing he did was the typical attempt to blame Clinton for what Trump does ... all the garbage about an "insult-ridden campaign"?

Absolute baloney.

Kaine did seem fairly aggressive and I guess it's fair to say he wasn't "nice" ... Pense did try to counter that with a boring attempt at aplomb. Didn't work from where many are sitting.

Pense may have won a few points with the GOP establishment for 2020 ... but he accomplished little else.

Pence doesn't need to apologise for Trump.
That is what the Democrats appeared to WANT from the debate, just like Hillary put Trump on the back foot. Didn't work this time and the reaction I am seeing is that Kaine came across as a nut job.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Kind of self explanatory

Nah.

Whatever.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Kind of self explanatory

Nah.

Whatever.

Who stars a post that just says "Whatever."

I've just caught a bit of the debate, I think Kaine missed a trick here. A calmer approach to the debate and he would of won, he had the right questions and "weapons" to unhinge Pence but failed in the delivery.

Although i'm sure Trump supporters would say the same, both Trump and Pence haven't been asking the questions about Clinton that the ATS threads are flooded with.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Kind of self explanatory

Nah.

Whatever.

Those who recognize 'whatever' is a perfect response to an obvious troll.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I feel Kaine won the debate and was cocky, even multiple times saying "I'd love to see you defend that." "You can't defend that."

It got to the point where it felt he was childish as he interrupted, and reminded me of why I hate this all.
edit on 5-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: SudoNim

Kind of self explanatory

Nah.

Whatever.

Those who recognize 'whatever' is a perfect response to an obvious troll.

Whatever.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Pence showed me he doesn't support Trump or many of his policies. Often instead of defending Trump he just shook his head and completely ignore the questions asked. His monotone voice devoid of any emotion, didn't excite me in anyway. He had a big job to defend the top of the ticket, and he seemed to abandon that entirely. The biggest loser I feel is Cruz, Pence just stepped over Cruz to become the favorite Conservative Christian for 2020, even though fact checkers are going to have a field day with all his lies, but that doesn't seem to matter anymore. This debate was Pence selling himself over Trump to the American people. The bar has been set so low for Republicans that many are seeing this as a Pence win. Take it and relish it, because this is as good as it gets!

Kaine brought the anger of a population that believes in the melting pot that is the USA. The frustration of a horrid Racist, Xenophobic, Islamophobic and Misogynistic Republican nominee running for president who is gonna make America Great again is a laughable joke. Kaine was the attack dog that represented the majority of the population, and its a role Kaine thoroughly enjoyed. Trump has been attacking people for 16 months and this night it was his turn to be under attack and Pence for the most part ignored reality. Trump needs to be rebuked, and Nov 6 when the public speaks out telling him he is fired will be oh so sweet. I think Kaine won, but it really doesn't matter at this point, Trump has dug his hole so deep, I don't see him rebounding in time.

Sunday is a day most Americans are looking forward too. Will Hillary deliver the knock out blow, will Trump act in a cool competent manner, or will Trump be Trump.

We are what 31 days till the election and the right is hoping to win with hackers delivering information, because this is all they got. Trump isn't our best or brightest, and can't preform when it matters most, no Trump you can't hire some one to do the debates for you.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Who "won?"

My opinion (for whatever that is worth):

Pence had a smoother debate style, so he won on style, affirming that a not- crazy person was VP for Trump. What he didn't do was defend Trump.

In fact, he seemed to brush Trump aside and minimized him to the point of irrelevancy, which was odd. Sort of like the spouse of the drunk uncle whisking their coat on and shoving them out the door and out of sight, pretending that "uncle Don didn't really mean all that crap he said. Don't worry folks, I've got him..."

He was patronizing in general while lying about what Trump said, and what he himself said, and put out a bunch of brand new policy ideas while claiming we need to build up our military (!). He accused Clinton of running an insult driven campaign (for Kaine repeating Trumps words and the deplorables) while Trump tweeted insults, ironically.

Pence, to me, looked the smug Patrician, his smile appearing holier-than-thou and arrogant at times, which pushed his otherwise smooth performance into the territory of "annoying." He lied a lot.

Kaine was too repetitive and too aggressive out of the gate. He brought up Trumps words over and over which Pence "pooh-poohed" as if the # had never come out of Trump's mouth, but we all know it did. And it will again.

He made the taxes point too many times at the expense of other arguments to the point that it annoyed me. I got it the first two times. He could have hammered Trump and Pence on "building up the military" in a much more effective way, then tossed a reminder that taxes pay for that in zinger-form.

He missed some golden take down opportunities to reveal Pence's extreme views on LGBTQ, though he did have a great answer in the discussion of personal morals not being shoved onto everyone by politicians and how he wrestled with that in regards to the death penalty.

Also, he had an excellent moderate response to Pence's extreme views on abortion, which was a good reminder for women voters when evaluating Trump/Pence. His "trust women" comment was resonant with me (no surprise) there.

He had solid answers for policy that were consistent with Hillary. He defended Hillary well, though that defense was part of what made him appear too aggressive. He needed more of that, not to sound wonky but to counteract the positions Pence was claiming. It may have been that Pence was throwing him off by dumping new policy left and right for the first time at the debate.

I think it was pretty much a draw.

AB
edit on 5-10-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join