It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama DOJ drops charges against alleged broker of Libyan weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Source: Politico

Obama DOJ drops charges against alleged broker of Libyan weapons

Arms dealer had threatened to expose Hillary Clinton’s talks about arming anti-Qadhafi rebels.

A Turi associate asserted that the government dropped the case because the proceedings could have embarrassed Clinton and President Barack Obama by calling attention to the reported role of their administration in supplying weapons that fell into the hands of Islamic extremist militants.

In the dismissal motion, prosecutors say “discovery rulings” from U.S. District Court Judge David Campbell contributed to the decision to drop the case. The joint motion asks the judge to accept a confidential agreement to resolve the case through a civil settlement between the State Department and the arms broker.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The deal averts a trial that threatened to cast additional scrutiny on Hillary Clinton’s private emails as Secretary of State, and to expose reported Central Intelligence Agency attempts to arm rebels fighting Libyan leader Moammar Qadhafi.

Yep- more covering of her ass by the establishment.

Isn't there supposed to be some checks and balances somewhere? Shouldn't someone be slapping his wrist and saying "no, you can't keep covering up crimes your friends commit"

Our government would be a laughable joke if it wasn't so scary.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

We have barely scratched the surface on how ubiquitous of a role the US has played in the horrific force known to the world as DAESH (ISIS)...

It being exposed could take down the entire network!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
All roads lead to Rome.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

The deal averts a trial that threatened to cast additional scrutiny on Hillary Clinton’s private emails as Secretary of State, and to expose reported Central Intelligence Agency attempts to arm rebels fighting Libyan leader Moammar Qadhafi.

Isn't there supposed to be some checks and balances somewhere? Shouldn't someone be slapping his wrist and saying "no, you can't keep covering up crimes your friends commit"

Yes there are checks and balances.

The Congress would be completely within their rights to investigate this further and force the Executive to prosecute.

Sadly, people would come around and say it's a waste of money... paying these people to do what they are supposed to be doing, and getting paid what they would get even if they ignored it... which would be a waste of money. You know, if they're going to get paid, at least they should do something productive.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Sorry, I didn't mean for this to be a Hilary thread. I think they are covering their own asses, not just Hilary's. The state department is a reflection of the President. More importantly, I think this shows the role of the US inadvertently funding and arming of the very terrorists we are seeking to destroy via bad policy.

edit on 4-10-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Yes, a much bigger picture than Hillary..very small cog in a big machine.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Wow! OK, what exactly does the DOJ do now-a-days? Not much 'justice' going on. More like they're an appendage in charge of ensuring all the unpleasantness never sees the light of day.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: lordcomac

Sorry, I didn't mean for this to be a Hilary thread. I think they are covering their own asses, not just Hilary's. The state department is a reflection of the President. More importantly, I think this shows the role of the US inadvertently funding and arming of the very terrorists we are seeking to destroy via bad policy.

I concur- they're all guilty... but they were threatening to release information on her, not them. We all know that they'd all go down with her, though.
I'd go so far as to say congress isn't doing their part of checking and/or balancing because they're in on it too.

I'm not sure this train has brakes.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Imunity for everyone!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

These people are idiots. Our civilization will die in years to come thanks to this.

There is no rule of LAW.....so there is no rulership....there is no order.

We are an anarchy

edit on 10 4 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Internationally, your government is a laughable joke, and no one believes anything said by Washington these last eight years. But to be fair, all faith was lost with U.N. Ambassador Colin Powell, the non-existent 'weapons of mass destruction, and the unjustified U.S. invasion of Iraq.

The greatest tragedy is how the world was completely united with the USA after 9/11, but the Bush/Cheney government and their Labour cohorts in the UK pissed all of that away. And the Obama government with its planned assassinations and indiscriminate drone strikes has made the Bush/Cheney government look like a bunch of peaceniks.

I hope that in spite of this very obvious deal to cover-up for Secretary Clinton that Guccifer 2.0, WikiLeaks, or someone like them has all of this information and can drop it on the world to shine a light where so many are trying to plunge the truth into absolute darkness.

new topics

top topics

join