It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 Vice Presidential Debate 10-4-16

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

However, you are on here spinning like this is some sort of moral issue. yet you admit it is all about politically posturing.

Where have I said it is a moral issue?

It is a purely political issue...however it is one that Trump can't win in.

He can't release his tax returns because then the issue becomes what is found in the tax returns. And Trump can't NOT release his tax returns because it stays as an issue as to why he won't release them when it is tradition for Presidential candidates to do so.

I'm not a Trump supporter, I think it is shameful for our country that he is even the nominee. Whether he releases them or not, I don't care...both options hurt him. I'd rather see him release them because his hesitancy to do so, and his son's admission that it would distract from Trump's policies, suggests to me that there is information in those returns that he doesn't want people to see.

So yes, I will continue to say he should release his returns. Clinton's campaign will continue to call for him to release his returns. The media will continue to call for him to release his returns. And it will hurt him until he does, because his only excuse is a lie about not being able to while being audited.

This is nothing like the birther issue, but nice try.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

No, I'm serious, he apologized.

"Sometimes, in the heat of debate, and speaking on a multitude of issues, you don’t choose the right words or you say the wrong thing. I have done that, and believe it or not I regret it," Trump said.

abcnews.go.com...

link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: Grambler
I love these people saying if it doesn't matter why don't you just release your returns.

These were the same people screaming about how Obama shouldn't have to release his birth certificate because it was private. In fact, it was racist to even ask for the birth certificate.

So I think these people demanding the release of Trumps tax returns are racist, and are making this attack because Trump is white man.

It's traditional for Presidential candidates to release their tax returns.

It isn't traditional for Presidential candidates to have to show their birth certificate...only the first black candidate.

It's also traditional for the potus to work for the good of the country, ain't it?

Uphold the laws and such?

link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: kruphix

Everyone who questioned Obamas birth certificate were racist? Sounds like a deplorable accusation. ... . . ..

I'm absolutely fine with making that claim.

Birthers are racist and deplorable.

And in the end, they were wrong and looked foolish.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

And Obama met that legal requirement before he became a candidate.

But that wasn't enough for Trump and the other birthers...they wanted to see it for themselves...something no one has ever demanded of a Presidential candidate.

Stop pretending the birther issue had anything to do with the law. It is and always has been a racist attack by people to weak to accept the fact that we were going to have a black President.

Nationalist, yes... racist, no. How many previous POTUS candidates had foreign citizen fathers? None, that I am aware of.

Look, we can all pretend that this was just because Obama is black because it fits your narrative, but if that's the case where were the calls for Jesse Jackson's birth certificate? Alan Keyes? Al Sharpton? Barbara Jordan? The calls for his birth certificate surfaced before he received the nomination and was running against Clinton in early 2008. That means that, if it was racially motivated, at some point each of he aforementioned African American candidates would have also seen the same.... but wait, none of them have foreign citizen fathers! Not racial.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

He said he would when she releases her 33,000 emails.

Here is how dumb Trump is.

What he actually said is, "I will release my tax returns against my lawyers wishes, when she releases her 33,000 deleted emails"

Does anyone see an issue with that?

How do you release deleted emails?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

No more than I will over 30,000 emails.

Trump also apologized.

What did he apologize for?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Everyone who questioned Obamas birth certificate were racist? Sounds like a deplorable accusation. ... . . ..

Good to know, and here you are. Making the exact same argument birthers did.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So you just admitted that you don't have to be smart to be rich, since in your opinion HIllary isn't smart and is rich.

So...you just proved my point...thanks.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

What did Hillary apologize for?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

a reply to: WilburnRoach

No, I'm serious, he apologized.

"Sometimes, in the heat of debate, and speaking on a multitude of issues, you don’t choose the right words or you say the wrong thing. I have done that, and believe it or not I regret it," Trump said.

abcnews.go.com...

What specifically was he apologizing for?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Damn....I knew HRC's campaign starting this would make her look bad.

But yeah...calling those that support Trump Deplorables in a public forum isn't racist at all.

So let's replace deplorables with the n-word.....how would she fare then? Ah...nevermind...doesn't matter because she was not speaking about them.....

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

So you just admitted that you don't have to be smart to be rich, since in your opinion HIllary isn't smart and is rich.

So...you just proved my point...thanks.

Proved what point? No...you don't have to be smart to be rich by any stretch of the imagination.

[snipped]
edit on 10.5.2016 by Kandinsky because: Removed unnecessary comment

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

What did Hillary apologize for?

Well first she said she did nothing wrong. That was a lie.

Then she said she only did it because she had one device for convenience. That was a lie.

Then she said she didn't have any classified information on the server it was just all yoga emails. That was a lie.

Then she said that nothing was classified when she received it. That was a lie.

Then she finally said, "My bad!" However, then she went on to make excuses, saying Powell did it too, and that she thought that "C" meant alphabetical order, etc.

But she was so sincere in her apology

edit on 5-10-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

But wait...none of them had a realistic chance of winning the nomination.

The birther movement was racist, not only in it's inception but also in it's practice.

But the fact is, that Obama met the legal requirement when he became a candidate. Birthers had no other motivation to continue forward.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yea, but she said she would have done things differently. I'm trying to find out what "things" are!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

He said he would when she releases her 33,000 emails.

Here is how dumb Trump is.

What he actually said is, "I will release my tax returns against my lawyers wishes, when she releases her 33,000 deleted emails"

Does anyone see an issue with that?

How do you release deleted emails?

She has them in a closet or bathroom somewhere, everyone knows that.

Or maybe she just destroyed evidence and govt property and obstructed justice.

Take your pic.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I'm saying Trump is ineligible to be President because he has a non-conventional name and his father was from a different country?

Keep trying to equate the two, it's fun to watch.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

But wait...none of them had a realistic chance of winning the nomination.

The birther movement was racist, not only in it's inception but also in it's practice.

But the fact is, that Obama met the legal requirement when he became a candidate. Birthers had no other motivation to continue forward.

So if it was racists at its inception, then you think Hillarys staff was being racist when they persued it? And when they sent out pictures of Obama in traditional clothing?

So how is Trump any worse on this issue?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I'm saying Trump is ineligible to be President because he has a non-conventional name and his father was from a different country?

Keep trying to equate the two, it's fun to watch.

But many people (including democrats) made that argument about Cruz. So are they racist too?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join