It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 Vice Presidential Debate 10-4-16

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: RedMenace16

Well if we are going to hold our candidates to Nixon standards, he also deleted 18 minutes of evidence recordings and was impeached. Too bad for him the evidence wasn't in email form, am I right?

Just goes to show you what a scam artist Trump is, no wonder 3,000 people are suing Don the Con. Who turns a small million dollar loan into a 900,000'millon dollar loss?

A con artist loser like Trump does lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedMenace16

Well if we are going to hold our candidates to Nixon standards, he also deleted 18 minutes of evidence recordings and was impeached. Too bad for him the evidence wasn't in email form, am I right?

Just goes to show you what a scam artist Trump is, no wonder 3,000 people are suing Don the Con. Who turns a small million dollar loan into a 900,000'millon dollar loss?

A con artist loser like Trump does lol.

There is so much misinformation in your post...just

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

a reply to: kruphix

Are you trying to convince us or yourself?

Not trying to convince anyone.

Just seems like a lot of Trump supporters on this site are new to politics and don't really understand the process.

So trying to educate more than convince.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

No. Not only am I not new to politics, but I recognise your efforts for what they are. Your words offer nothing but to try to create a cloud of smoke to obscure the reality that Kaine completely blew it tonight and it will cost Clinton in the polls.

Kaine is not ready to be POTUS if something happens to Clinton, and that is the great big take away from tonight regardless of how often you choose to post your spinning obfuscations.
edit on 4/10/2016 by Kapriti because: English

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Oh man...

Nixon also released his tax returns...... Under audit.

What, exactly, do a person's tax returns have to do with being president again?

I mean the US is TRILLIONS in debt...and a candidate is going to focus on tax returns like one person's sole tax returns are going to make a difference?

Are we even on the same playing field here?

I would hope more people are concerned with foreign policy, which Clinton has shown she sucks at, than a person's tax returns....

Hell...Kaine called Putin a Dictator tonight....so much for trying to work with Russia at all....

Pence trounced Kaine and then stepped over his flopping body to shake hands with the moderator.
edit on 10/4/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Where does the money for infrastructure spending come from?

(post by RedMenace16 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Grambler

You just posted a bunch of Pence ranting about Clinton.

I think I've proven my point.

You blindly claimed Pence won on policy...because that makes it sound like you know what you are talking about....but when called on it, you can't seem to provide any details.

Part of debating policy is showing the failed policies of your opponent.

That exchange shows that Pence lowered unemployement in his state by lowering taxes that Hillary wants to raise, it shows how they plan on helpiing health care by lowering taxes.

You show me in you last blcok of text where there are specific policies from Kaine that are more detailed than this. Lets go through it shall we!

Kaine:

o here's what we'll do. We'll focus on community policing. We will focus on -- and Hillary Clinton has rolled out a really comprehensive mental health reform package that she worked on with law enforcement professionals, and we will also fight the scourge of gun violence in the United States. I'm a gun-owner. I'm a strong Second Amendment supporter. But I've got a lot of scar tissue, because when I was governor of Virginia, there was a horrible shooting at Virginia Tech, and we learned that through that painful situation that gaps in the background record check system should have been closed and it could have prevented that crime, and so we're going to work to do things like close background record checks. And if we do, we won't have the tragedies that we did.

Wow, such specifics!!! You were right to post these great policy specifics, and simultaneously diminish me posting almost the exact same types of comments from Pence!

You are such an unbiased person!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think that Kaine had him beat on substance and was much more articulate and more likeable.

Unfortunately however, his overanxious delivery and interruptions, relative to Pence's poise and control, brought this image to mind, of these two

Personally, I find the more reserved and militaristic "muscular" stance of Pence to be off-putting, but I'm not a right wing Christian conservative Republican for whom it probably went over very well - the cold-faced American white guy talking about the exercise of power and a more hardened militarized bureaucracy and a "law and order" police state, rah rah yeah!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Social security is in bad shape, I do think it can be saved, but I truly would not know how to go about it. And I think you will agree. The first step would be for the government do keep it's hands off it

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Why did it seem you were stating the opposite mere pages back?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
So trying to educate more than convince.

Is that what you call it?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
I think that Kaine had him beat on substance and was much more articulate and more likeable.

Kaine had substance, or Kaine was *using* a substance?

EDIT: Articulate? Likeable? What debate were *you* watching?

Personally, I find the more reserved and militaristic "muscular" stance of Pence to be off-putting, but I'm not a right wing Christian conservative Republican for whom it probably went over very well - the cold-faced American white guy talking about the exercise of power and a more hardened militarized bureaucracy and a "law and order" police state, rah rah yeah!

Yeah, you're a subjective observer :p
edit on 4-10-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti

No. Not only am I not new to politics, and I recognise your efforts for what they are. Your words offer nothing but to try to create a cloud of smoke to obscure the reality that Kaine completely blew it tonight and it will cost Clinton in the polls.

Kaine is not ready to be POTUS if something happens to Clinton, and that is the great big take away from tonight regardless of how often you choose to post your spinning obfuscations.

The VP debates rarely move the polls. If you weren't new to politics, you would know this.

My view, and it seems like the consensus from pundits is that Trump is once again the one on the defensive after this debate.

This is the first and last we will see of Kaine and Pence.

Kaine did his job, he attacked Trump and defended Clinton

Pence failed in his job to defend Trump...didn't even try at points and at other times he lied about Trump not saying things he is on record saying.

So the final result is everyone is talking about Trump, his insults towards minorities, women...his love of Putin...his tax returns...and him wanting to punish women for having abortions.

Like it or not...that is the state of affairs. Give me one example of what Clinton is on the defensive on as a result of this debate.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Oh man...

Nixon also released his tax returns...... Under audit.

What, exactly, do a person's tax returns have to do with being president again?

I mean the US is TRILLIONS in debt...and a candidate is going to focus on tax returns like one person's sole tax returns are going to make a difference?

Are we even on the same playing field here?

I would hope more people are concerned with foreign policy, which Clinton has shown she sucks at, than a person's tax returns....

Hell...Kaine called Putin a Dictator tonight....so much for trying to work with Russia at all....

Pence trounced Kaine and then stepped over his flopping body to shake hands with the moderator.

Ask Trump why he demanded Pences tax returns before picking him as VP? Why does Pence keep saying Trump will release them if it's so non important.

Why does he lie about the audit if everyone knows it's BS that he can't release them? The more he makes excuses the worse he looks.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

30,000 emails and it'll be out.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

They normally don't move the polls. I'll be interested to see if this one does.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Trump lost tonight by Pence not being able to defend him.

I am Sure Mr. Trump is quite Capable of Defending Himself .The Important Issues facing Our Country will be addressed in the Next two Debates , and Will Decide this Election . After tonight , at Least the American People know now that Mr. Trump is Well suited in Recognizing Talented People like Mr. Pence who know how to get things Done .

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Both seem pretty likeable, Pence is definitely a smart well educated respectful man, that's why I don't see how he could back such a disgusting human being as Trump.

I think Kaine won but only by a few points, I'm being honest.

As far as online opinion polls the will say Pence won flat out, we all seen the kangaroo circus these scammers tried to pull on us. So I wouldn't pay much attention to polls that show Pence won. They will probably be false.

Lol, nice try but it won't work on most of us ats members but again nice try.

It also didn't work on you Trumpets after Hilary won the first debate. The entire world seen Trump get destroyed but nice try world the Trumpets won't fall for that but nice try! Lol pathetic.

Nice...RedMenace16...new user with a name to make sure everyone knows a troll is around.

Gotta love all these HRC supporters that jump in to forums in the last month to stir up whatever.

Anywho...your VP Kaine...he got stomped tonight on ALL topics and polls will reflect it this week.

Regardless of what you say or want to believe....Kaine looked like a child in the presence of men. Pence owned every bit of this "debate"....and yes I put debate in quotes because is was very one sided.

Clinton would be an idiot to let him speak again....and I would bet you money he will be on the backburner after this debate for a LONG time.

Anywho....carry on with your one month here, one sided shill commentary....

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: laughingdog
a reply to: ketsuko

Social security is in bad shape, I do think it can be saved, but I truly would not know how to go about it. And I think you will agree. The first step would be for the government do keep it's hands off it

I think I am in the generation that will see nothing from any of what is being taken from our paychecks to go into SS. It would not surprise me at all if the whole house of cards collapses just in time for us to retire and too late for us to recover. As a result, there will likely be a significant gap in our retirement.

But of course, no one cares about my generation. They don't even talk about us like we're politically significant. I'm in Gen X and we seem to have fallen entirely off the map.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join